PDA

View Full Version : SO

devilsdancefloor
09-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Is there anyone happy we won thursday? Doesnt anyone realize that come tuesday that 16 teams would wish they had a record 1-0? Do i wish we had played lights out hell yeah, BUT constantly bitching and moaning about _________ is such old hat. I think the problem is some of you forget to put your big boy pants on. Can you not enjoy our winning even ugly games? Some of you would rather have ben throw 32 td's and have 16 to 20 td's rushing and we lose in the wild card game or better yet not make the damn playoffs. I personally do not get it. I would have to guess you didnt live through the 80's with this team and became a fan in 1992. :noidea::noidea: anyway HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

fansince'76
09-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Nope, if we don't win 100-0 every week, we suck. :coffee:

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 02:39 PM
mike wallace = this years desean jackson or eddie royal (i said it before the preseason) he just wont get as many looks.

ben wins throwing more than 20 times and 300+ yds.

if sepulveda wasnt a steeler he would be a pro bowler this year.

logan- wow. and youre telling me we didnt even have to spend a draft pick on this dude?

troy will return and still make the pro bowl (had he gone injury free he would be in the running for league mvp).

hindes204
09-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Is there anyone happy we won thursday? Doesnt anyone realize that come tuesday that 16 teams would wish they had a record 1-0? Do i wish we had played lights out hell yeah, BUT constantly bitching and moaning about _________ is such old hat. I think the problem is some of you forget to put your big boy pants on. Can you not enjoy our winning even ugly games? Some of you would rather have ben throw 32 td's and have 16 to 20 td's rushing and we lose in the wild card game or better yet not make the damn playoffs. I personally do not get it. I would have to guess you didnt live through the 80's with this team and became a fan in 1992. :noidea::noidea: anyway HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

i wholeheartedly agree...the negativity on this board is ridiculous.....i joined the gameday thread for the first time last game and had to quit reading it due to people complaining so damn much

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 05:26 PM

Yeppers - I'm a damned happy Steelers fan. :applaudit::tt03:

As I said in another thread - some of these jibrones around here EXPECT perfection from this team in every aspect of the game, along with winning a Super Bowl each and every season which is impossible. :doh:

The win on Thursday night wasn't pretty but not all wins are. I'll take it, appreciate it and move on to next week's game in Chi-Town.

GO STEELERS! :tt02:

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 07:57 PM
i wholeheartedly agree...the negativity on this board is ridiculous.....i joined the gameday thread for the first time last game and had to quit reading it due to people complaining so damn muchi usually follow those unless its a complete nailbiter like the SB or thursdays game.

i still wanna go back and read to see exactly when the :shout:-PANIC!!! ensued, and count all the "its over" posts.

i was confident the steelers would win the whole way (as i was last year vs. the titans until the last 3-4 minutes).

can no lose.

hindes204
09-12-2009, 08:01 PM
i usually follow those unless its a complete nailbiter like the SB or thursdays game.

i still wanna go back and read to see exactly when the :shout:-PANIC!!! ensued, and count all the "its over" posts.

i was confident the steelers would win the whole way (as i was last year vs. the titans until the last 3-4 minutes).

can no lose.

:rofl: wow Tony, did me and you just agree on something........it must be snowing in hell right now

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
:rofl: wow Tony, did me and you just agree on something........it must be snowing in hell right nowi think the only thing we really ever disagrred on was who to vot for in the nov election. :drink:

anyways, unless you count applebees or chiles, i dont have a sportsbar here, so i appreciate the gameday threads for that social interaction (even though i would never attend a sb party with the steelers in it, and generally prefer to watch all steeler games alone so i can focus and "study").

the gameday threads are fun (especially on the few games i cant see and have to listen on the radio). i like to drink and talk shit to all of the boo-birds.

but on thursday the steelers required my undivided attention. i cant stand any negative thoughts when my team is mounting a comeback and i KNOW they are going to win.

:tt03:

hindes204
09-12-2009, 08:47 PM
i think the only thing we really ever disagrred on was who to vot for in the nov election. :drink:

anyways, unless you count applebees or chiles, i dont have a sportsbar here, so i appreciate the gameday threads for that social interaction (even though i would never attend a sb party with the steelers in it, and generally prefer to watch all steeler games alone so i can focus and "study").

the gameday threads are fun (especially on the few games i cant see and have to listen on the radio). i like to drink and talk shit to all of the boo-birds.

but on thursday the steelers required my undivided attention. i cant stand any negative thoughts when my team is mounting a comeback and i KNOW they are going to win.

:tt03:

the only reason i decided to check out the gameday thread was because im stuck in kuwait, and there isnt a bar within 1000 miles of here...i will probably be on it for the next few months, but once im back home, its back to the bar so i can be loud and make a total ass out of myself---thats what my wife says anyway

SteelCityMan786
09-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeppers - I'm a damned happy Steelers fan. :applaudit::tt03:

As I said in another thread - some of these jibrones around here EXPECT perfection from this team in every aspect of the game, along with winning a Super Bowl each and every season which is impossible. :doh:

The win on Thursday night wasn't pretty but not all wins are. I'll take it, appreciate it and move on to next week's game in Chi-Town.

GO STEELERS! :tt02:

6 weren't too pretty last year either.

steelwalls
09-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I actually enjoyed the game immensley. I'll take a game like that any day. But yes, I think we should get our comments out of the way about the running game that night and be done with it.....this constant .....we cant run...we cant run....we cant run.... did I mention we cant run...is getting soooooooooo freakin old.

NEPAsteeler
09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Not every game is gonna be won by a blowout, people need to realize that. We learned that several times last year. For me personally, I'll take a defensive battle over an offensive shootout anyday. :noidea:

X-Terminator
09-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I still don't know why people care how the job gets done, so long as it gets done? It's all about the W's, baby. The ugly ones count the same as the pretty ones. I'll take 10 more nailbiting wins if it means we're hoisting the Lombardi Trophy on Feburary 1. Gladly.

hindes204
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I still don't know why people care how the job gets done, so long as it gets done? It's all about the W's, baby. The ugly ones count the same as the pretty ones. I'll take 10 more nailbiting wins if it means we're hoisting the Lombardi Trophy on Feburary 1. Gladly.

:iagree::iagree::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Indo
09-13-2009, 04:15 PM
yep. A Dubya is a Dubya---ugly still counts

It's all good so far (well, almost all is good---I could have done without the injury to Troy...but this, too, shall pass)

KeiselPower99
09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Im happy we won and think we are gonna have a special season this year. I know we are bummed about the running game but just like last year we played a damn good team the other night. We have a QB now that CAN WIN US GAMES. WE DONT NEED TO BE A RUN FIRST TEAM ANYMORE. We wil see the running game get better as we go through the year.