PDA

View Full Version : If you had to pick one titan , who would it be?

Kyle021
09-12-2009, 05:09 PM
If you had the oppourtunity to have a guy from the Titans who would it be

as a Titan fan , if i could take someone from Pittsburgh , i would take your beloved Hines Ward lol , great guy on and off the field and a hell of a run blocker and hands of glue

who would yall take?

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Rooooooooooooos!

(or anyone who wouldnt contibute in the planning of bens funeral)

Christian Snyder
09-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Chris Hope... Seems like a great player.

Kyle021
09-12-2009, 05:14 PM

hell no you cant have him back hahahaha

one of my favorite titans , and you should know he was bred in Florida State and here in Pittsburgh before becoming an All Pro in TN...lol

kinda hoping the same happens with Nate Washington , we grabbed him from yall because of how overly stacked you guys are at WR , and hoping he can turn into a great player as well

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Kevin Mawae. Awesome center. :hatsoff:

fansince'76
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM

Beat me to it.

Steel_Bus_24
09-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Xs 1 Million

X-Terminator
09-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Cortland Finnegan. Dude is a great player and tough as nails. Definitely Steeler material.

Kyle021
09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
i was wondering if anyone was gonna say finnegan or not

he is hands down my favorite titan since McNair

7th round steal

Burghfan58
09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Since you said Titan and not player. Your Offensive coordinater or O-line coach.:thumbsup:

Tinman
09-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Mawae for logan... I will give Mike Reinfeldt a call...

We got Harris waiting in the wings

BlastFurnace
09-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Chris Johnson or Vandenbosch

Preacher
09-12-2009, 07:19 PM
We got him last week... and he gave us just enough info to win! Thank you Practice Squad! :rofl:

Texasteel
09-12-2009, 07:27 PM

That would be my choice as well.:tt02:

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Cortland Finnegan. Dude is a great player and tough as nails. Definitely Steeler material.

Dude needs to learn how to make a proper fair catch signal. :chuckle:

Tinman
09-12-2009, 07:52 PM
In Finny's defense... He hasn;t returned a Kick in years and only had a few days of practice at it.. Blame the coaches there.. Our Returner Mouton just wasn't ready to go like they thought and Finny found out he would get the returns a few days before the game..

Mouton will be back in houston.. He is pretty good in traffic so should be fun to watch.

Psyychoward86
09-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Michael Roos, omfg O-line please :flap:

LVSteelersfan
09-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Chris Johnson hands down. We need a RB who can make something out of absolutely nothing. A cut back runner like that would be gold on our team.

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 08:12 PM
right??? thank you!

with all the clamouring the past few years around draft time for an OT, and for all the bitching about franchising and extending starks, and for all the dozens of "our line sucks", "ben will get killed" and our running game sucks" threads, i an AMAZED nobody would want a pro bowl left tackle.

johnson and vandenbosch would ride the bench behind our current starters. mawae is ancient, coming off injury, and stretching his career out for a final sb run (like hartings). hope is a good answer but we already got clark who is much cheaper. we're stacked at cb and finnagin will be costing much more $$$ than mcfadden left for.

not that roos is the right answer, i just thought a pro bowl tackle would be the most logical and popular one.

clady, thomas, long, roos... i would take any of them over just about anybody.

CPanther95
09-12-2009, 08:17 PM
If I could take anybody, it'd be Bud Adams. Then I'd give him back after I liquidated his assets.

LVSteelersfan
09-12-2009, 08:22 PM
You have got to be kidding that Johnson would be riding the bench. He would be first string hands down. I agree a pro bowl lineman would be a good thing as well but no way that Johnson would not be a starter on any team he is associated with. You just don't find cutback runners like him every day of the week. He is fast but he knows how to find the holes. Parker has no ability to cut back against the grain because he has no vision.

right??? thank you!

with all the clamouring the past few years around draft time for an OT, and for all the bitching about franchising and extending starks, and for all the dozens of "our line sucks", "ben will get killed" and our running game sucks" threads, i an AMAZED nobody would want a pro bowl left tackle.

johnson and vandenbosch would ride the bench behind our current starters. mawae is ancient, coming off injury, and stretching his career out for a final sb run (like hartings). hope is a good answer but we already got clark who is much cheaper. we're stacked at cb and finnagin will be costing much more $$$ than mcfadden left for.

not that roos is the right answer, i just thought a pro bowl tackle would be the most logical and popular one.

clady, thomas, long, roos... i would take any of them over just about anybody.

Tinman
09-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I am really shocked no one picked Lendale White.. I mean some titans fans compare him to the Bus. I figured he would top this list .... lol

SteelC7
09-12-2009, 08:31 PM
1st of all why is a titans fan on here?!?!?! and michael roos, kevinmawae is too old and chris hope we gave up in the 1st place

X-Terminator
09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
1st of all why is a titans fan on here?!?!?! and michael roos, kevinmawae is too old and chris hope we gave up in the 1st place

Are you blind? I already explained this in another thread that obviously you didn't read. This board DOES NOT discriminate against opposing teams' fans, unless their sole purpose is to be an asshole and cause trouble. We welcome their insight on their teams and even thoughts (legit thoughts) about the Steelers. It makes for good football discussions, which is what this board is supposed to be about first and foremost. There are several fans here from other teams who are long-time members, and a couple of them have contributed money to this site. Are you suggesting we kick them out just because they aren't Steelers fans? And who are you to complain about it anyway? If you don't like it, there are plenty of other sites you can go to.

Shoes
09-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I'd take Roos

Psyychoward86
09-12-2009, 08:50 PM

Nothing wrong with having fans of other teams on here, as long as they arent causing trouble or being a troll. We have a lot of regulars here who are Browns and Bengals fans.

I am really shocked no one picked Lendale White.. I mean some titans fans compare him to the Bus. I figured he would top this list .... lol

I dont like him much, even if the towel incident never happened. His power running looks good, better than Julius Jones imo, but his attitude, it's just........wrong

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
You have got to be kidding that Johnson would be riding the bench. He would be first string hands down. I agree a pro bowl lineman would be a good thing as well but no way that Johnson would not be a starter on any team he is associated with. You just don't find cutback runners like him every day of the week. He is fast but he knows how to find the holes. Parker has no ability to cut back against the grain because he has no vision.hell no, im not kidding. i stand behind my statement. steelers have parker, mendenhall, moore, and have added summers, and redman on the practice squad.

where the hell would johnson fit in? he is just another speedy runner who would still get stuffed behind the steelers line of scrimmage on many runs. willie is proven (johnson still splits carries, and is not).

who are you to ask? one of the titans fans currently posting here has been a member a bit longer than you. :noidea: he's probably here because nothing in cyberspace prevents him from joining and logging on.

we welcome all teams fans if they wanna stop by and talk some legitimate football. SF is not an exclusive club.

gaysteelerfan
09-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Finnegan

Ravenssuck
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Since you said Titan and not player. Your Offensive coordinater or O-line coach.:thumbsup:

I second this motion!!!

GOODBYE B.A.:tt:

CargoJon
09-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I'd take Bo Scaife. Then I'd cut him.:chuckle:

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
who are you to ask? one of the titans fans currently posting here has been a member a bit longer than you. :noidea: he's probably here because nothing in cyberspace prevents him from joining and logging on.

we welcome all teams fans if they wanna stop by and talk some legitimate football. SF is not an exclusive club.

:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit:

I've been here almost 3-1/2 years and I believe there are a few fans of other teams who have been here as long or longer than me, whose football insight is welcomed and very well respected around here. :drink:

Mawae might be getting up there in years, but imho - he is still better hands down than the current ogre we have in his position. :chuckle: Mawae still has a good amount of gas left in his tank and is a seasoned vet as well as a 7 time Pro-Bowler. :thumbsup:

If Air McNair was still alive, I wouldn't mind at all having him as a back-up to Ben. I loved watching him play unless, of course, it was against us. Back in the day, he crucified us. :horror:

Psyychoward86
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
And Mawae is 38 i believe, wow....probably the oldest O-lineman in the league, and hard to match production at his age.

Ravenssuck
09-12-2009, 10:04 PM
QUOTE:If Air McNair was still alive, I wouldn't mind at all having him as a back-up to Ben. I loved watching him play unless, of course, it was against us. Back in the day, he crucified us.

This is soooooo true!

McNair was STILLER KILLER #1 imho

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
i agree with mawae being a good player. just not so sure about the gas left in the tank.

i look at him as another hartings, bruschi, favre, seau, tim brown with the bucs, or perhaps if all stars align, the next kurt warner.

if i had to choose between the next 4 years of roos/hartwig vs. starks/mawae, i take roos.

hartwig has got plenty in the tank and starks better find a gas station quick (he's been going 45 on a 65 mph interstate for a while now).

GridironWarrior
09-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Anyone from that Oline. Man those guys are studs.

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
hartwig has got plenty in the tank

Whelp - he'd better go for the "super" because the regular unleaded just ain't working. I'm just not impressed with the guy at all and I'd take just about any other center in the NFL over him (well - except for bringing Mahan back).

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Whelp - he'd better go for the "super" because the regular unleaded just ain't working. I'm just not impressed with the guy at all and I'd take just about any other center in the NFL over him (well - except for bringing Mahan back).32 general managers in the league agree that the LT is more of an important position that a center. i gotta go with them. they are the professionals and know better than myself.

32 teams would concede that roos is more valuable than mawae at this point in their careers.

just like i bet 31 teams think the jets regret dumping pennington for favre.

sherlock
09-13-2009, 01:29 AM
1st of all why is a titans fan on here?!?!?!

It`s really cool that 2 Titans fans are here!:thumbsup:
In fact I`m developing something of a softspot for the Titans because of them!
I`d take LenDale White so Ryan Clark could use him as target practice during training sessions.:wink02:
That hit Clark put on White as he came through the middle was brilliant....he really did seem to make a b-line for him.

Galax Steeler
09-13-2009, 08:24 AM
I would have to say Finnegan as well.

acumen
09-13-2009, 10:33 AM
I'd say Finnegan. Having him, Taylor, Clark, and Polamalu as our secondary would be absolutely ridiculous. Roos would probably be the smarter pick, but I just love the way Finnegan plays, and it would make an all-time great defense even more unstoppable.

Steel-Bryan
09-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Cortland finnegan

solardave
09-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Been there,done that, I like Chris Hope but I like Ryan Clark better.

tyler289
09-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Chris Johnson. The guy might just be the 2nd best RB in the NFL.

Vincent
09-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Whelp - he'd better go for the "super" because the regular unleaded just ain't working. I'm just not impressed with the guy at all and I'd take just about any other center in the NFL over him (well - except for bringing Mahan back).

I have a feeling we will see improvement this year. Hartings wasn't a stud right out of the gate either. Nor was Farrior. And those were two of the better pick ups we've ever made. I think the jury is still out on Hartwig.

That said, I need a Mawae to make a Webby. :chuckle:

http://www.ravencustoms.com/nfl12_kmawae_photo_02_dp.jpghttp://www.profootballhof.com/assets/story_image/Webster_Sep24_home.jpg

verks36
09-14-2009, 04:11 AM
This is a easy question.... without a doubt if i could take one player from the Titians I would take Coutland Finnegan. Can you imagine him and Ike on the corner of our defense?

markymarc
09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
For me it would be Cortland Finnegan. I just love the way he plays football.

SteelersMongol
09-14-2009, 11:39 PM
It would B Chris Hope. But then again, Ryan Clark is so good that V don't really miss/need Hope no more.

Dude needs to learn how to make a proper fair catch signal. :chuckle:

:laughing: Poor b*st*rd.

HometownGal
09-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I have a feeling we will see improvement this year. Hartings wasn't a stud right out of the gate either. Nor was Farrior. And those were two of the better pick ups we've ever made. I think the jury is still out on Hartwig.

Your jury may be out on Hartwig, but mine is pretty much in. He was slated to be a vast improvement over Mahan and I still really haven't seen much improvement unfortunately.

pancake
09-15-2009, 04:33 AM

:thumbsup::drink:

Balls of Steel
09-15-2009, 10:42 PM
If you had the oppourtunity to have a guy from the Titans who would it be
I would take Jeff Fisher, he could clean the toilets.

NJarhead
09-15-2009, 10:57 PM

+1. I like him too. Just don't know where we'd put him.

RavensD
09-16-2009, 05:52 AM
FatWhale White.
No reason really, I just like saying that.

steelwalls
09-16-2009, 07:13 AM
My usual hate on JF.

Yes I pick Jeff F to fight me in a one on one match. I'd knock that stupid stash off his face.