PDA

View Full Version : We're a passing team now

steelerchad
09-12-2009, 09:23 PM
And I like it.

Sure I wish we could run the ball, but in today's NFL, you need to be able to get the ball downfield and we can. This may be our best receiving corps since the 70's SB teams. Santonio is turning into a star and Ward is solid as ever. I think Sweed and Williams are gonna be good as well. And Heath is one of the best TE's in the game.

I remember when we could move it on the ground and weren't explosive with the pass at all. If a team got up 10 points we were done. Now we have a QB who can come back in almost any situation and weapons to help him do it.

They used the WR screens and short passing game as a running game against the Titans. Most teams don't have the Titans run D. If we can pass like this against other teams, we'll be able to gash them for some runs because they have to drop back.

SteelC7
09-12-2009, 11:34 PM
ya we can pass but i sure wish we could run too, it would make our offense almost as good as our defense, which would make us nearly unbeatable

MNIKEH
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm glad. I wish we would pass more! Big Ben is best passer in the league.

Hapa
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Our run game sucked ass and we won the Superbowl last year. I don't care, I'll have the worst defense, worst offense, crappiest players, dumbest coaches and win the superbowl any year... i'm good with that.

stillers4me
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Do you think that running game we saw on Thursday night will beat anybody in rain or snow????

Balance, people. We need balance.

Christian Snyder
09-13-2009, 07:07 PM
I really wish we had a running game.... If we had a good passing game, a good defense, and good running game we would be unstoppable! There needs to be a balance.

verks36
09-14-2009, 03:14 AM
And I dont like it.... To be honest I really wish we went back to the run first mentality. When Big Ben won his first superbowl couldnt have asked for a better formula.

At least back in the day when we were a run first team we could pass everynoe and then. Now that we are a pass first team we cant run to save our lives. Its not just the line to blame even though they get the fair share

Preacher
09-14-2009, 03:21 AM
And I dont like it.... To be honest I really wish we went back to the run first mentality. When Big Ben won his first superbowl couldnt have asked for a better formula.

At least back in the day when we were a run first team we could pass everynoe and then. Now that we are a pass first team we cant run to save our lives. Its not just the line to blame even though they get the fair share

We weren't a run first team then either. We were actually a pass first team. Then, when we were up... we ran the ball.

Steelers & I
09-14-2009, 04:30 AM
We weren't a run first team then either. We were actually a pass first team. Then, when we were up... we ran the ball.

You were a bit too quick with the red ink pen if you ask me.

He said "back in the day" so how do you even know what years he was speaking of?
I can recall a few seasons when the Steelers were DEFINITELY a "RUN FIRST TEAM"!

mesaSteeler
09-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Do you think that running game we saw on Thursday night will beat anybody in rain or snow????

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

pancake
09-14-2009, 07:34 AM

Thats my thought too...

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 07:38 AM
I still think we are a defensive team considering you know we have the best defense and all

mmalone
09-14-2009, 07:42 AM
I still think we are a defensive team considering you know we have the best defense and all

Well if we are a passing team now, then we need Moore to play more and Parker to sit more.

right??

PalmerSteel
09-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Thats my thought too...

my thoughts three. how many pass happy teams (aka no run game) actually make it through the playoffs successfully? hardly any. we need balance and i am confident we will have it and will be A OK.

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Not just a passing team.

A shotgun, no-huddle 5 WIDE!!! passing team.

I've been saying this since last December.