PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Garcia possibly coming back to CFL

ngreene15
01-17-2006, 05:58 PM
My Saskatchewan Roughriders are in need on a top tier QB... And hopefully they found their guy. I know it's wacky, but a poster on the Rider fan site has a reliable source. The Riders have an amazing GM named Roy Shivers (He was a star RB for the St. Louis Cardinals.) and he was actually the guy who originally brought Jeff Garcia into the CFL and got him noticed by San Francisco 49er scouts while Jeff was still playing for the Calgary Stampeders. I know it may sound weird, a former Pro Bowler leaving the NFL coming back to the CFL, but apparently Shivers and Garcia are very close and have been for year and it sounds like Garcia is interested in coming to play in Canada before he retires. He is 36, and the wear and tear of playing on crappy teams over the past few years has maybe got to him a bit. I personally would love to see Jeff come back to the league that made him the Pro Bowl QB he was a couple of years ago.

This is a rumour, but aparently the source is good and they seem very confident this signing is imminent.

I know a lot of you could care less about the CFL. But you've all heard of Jeff Garcia, so I thought I'd share this Canadian rumour with you all.

Brady12
01-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Behind our awesome o-line in Sask, he'd be great. Hope it happens.