PDA

View Full Version : Hoke`s helmet

sherlock
09-13-2009, 04:04 AM
Just been watching Thursday`s game again and in the 3rd quarter Chris Hoke made a great tackle on White and Chris Collingsworth kept banging on about how he should have incurred a penalty because he took of his helmet.
In fact his helmet got knocked off during the tackle and all Hoke done was put it back on!
Justice for Hoke starts here!

steelreserve
09-13-2009, 04:19 AM
They have way too many stupid rules like this in the NFL. They originally made that rule to stop guys from showing off after the play by taking off their helmet and yelling when they got a sack or an interception or something like that. I saw the play you're talking about, and it's nothing like what they intended that rule for.

They call too many penalties over nothing as it is. Collinsworth is a total bugger for saying that.

Sorry if I used that wrong; I'm just trying to get comfortable with your phrases as well. Would "wanker" have been more appropriate?

sharkweek
09-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Yeah, he didn't see it, but it was a good no call by the refs. I do hate how he kept harping on about how that should have been a penalty without taking a better look. In his defense, it was such a bang-bang play, and Hoke started to celebrate the tackle so quickly after it was over that the celebration started as soon as the helmet was coming off from the hit, so it did sort of look like it was part of his celebration.

Also in Collinsworth's defense, while he did get that call wrong, he did get the bad pass interference call on Polamalu correct. That play was pass interference on the offense and the refs incorrectly flagged Troy and Collinsworth did call the refs on that mistake, both live and with proper review (something he didn't take time for with the Hoke play, although since that was correctly non called on the field, it wasn't that big of a deal.)

sherlock
09-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Would "wanker" have been more appropriate?

HAHA!
From what I`ve gathered reading posts on SF,that sums up many Steeler fans description of Collinsworth.

sherlock
09-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Yeah, he didn't see it, but it was a good no call by the refs. I do hate how he kept harping on about how that should have been a penalty without taking a better look. In his defense, it was such a bang-bang play, and Hoke started to celebrate the tackle so quickly after it was over that the celebration started as soon as the helmet was coming off from the hit, so it did sort of look like it was part of his celebration.

Also in Collinsworth's defense, while he did get that call wrong, he did get the bad pass interference call on Polamalu correct. That play was pass interference on the offense and the refs incorrectly flagged Troy and Collinsworth did call the refs on that mistake, both live and with proper review (something he didn't take time for with the Hoke play, although since that was correctly non called on the field, it wasn't that big of a deal.)

Actually in real-time it did look as though Hoke took his helmet off.
I have to say I do prefer Collinsworth to Madden.His comments are a bit more insightful

Lock Down
09-13-2009, 04:55 AM
I remember the play and watching the replays of it and i was thinking what the hell is Collinsworth on about? thought it was quite obvious Hoke didn't take off his helmet. Good no call on that occasion.

solardave
09-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Yeah,
I saw that too. You have to realize that Collingsworth was a Bengal so he still thinks he has to hate the Steelers.That's what makes him so unprofessional.He just can't help himself so he will forever SUCK when it comes to doing Steeler games.

steelwalls
09-13-2009, 09:23 AM
When it was said Collinsworthless was going to be taking Maddens place in the booth, I contimplated suicide.... actually in that game he was not 'such' a doushe bag.

steeltheone
09-13-2009, 09:50 AM
I really think he has come a long way...He used to be more anti Steeler

HeinzSite
09-13-2009, 10:09 AM
I gotta agree with 'SEELTHEONE'... In all fairness to Collingsworth, he has actually gotten a lot better and is actually more than tolerable to watch/listen to than some of his contemporaries...

He was comparable to Joe 'LT broke my leg' Theisman in the early part of his broadcast career, when everything he reported had to have a tie-in to his own career...

I actually enjoyed Collingsworth during the Olympics, but of course that wasn't football... So far his pairing with Al has been alright in my book.

4xSBChamps
09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Collinsworth is a total bugger for saying that.

Sorry if I used that wrong; I'm just trying to get comfortable with your phrases as well. Would "wanker" have been more appropriate?

If you took EVERYTHING that Collingsworth knew about football, you could place it into a shot-glass, and still have room left-over