PDA

View Full Version : Steeler supports officials.

Brady12
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Didn't see this in today's posts yet, so here it is

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/9171368

Bill Cowher is supporting the officials from Sunday's missed INT.

He said: "Our officials are doing the very best that they can do. Obviously, at times, there's going to be mistakes made," Cowher said. "To me, those guys are human like the rest of us, and we're moving on."

He also said this about Joey's comment: "Joey's comments at the end of the game were certainly made out of frustration," Cowher said. "But there's no conspiracy, or things of that nature, that's ridiculous."

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Given Cowher's history of showing up officials and making them look stupid, and the Steelers record of Tuesday League apologies AFTER we've already fallen victim to poor officiating, this is a pretty smart move, especially after witnessing the officials literally try to steal a win from his team.

He shows a little humility and they finally forgive him and let the poor guy win his so very well deserved championship...

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 06:30 PM
He shows a little humility and they finally forgive him and let the poor guy win his so very well deserved championship...

i love it. didnt cowher graduate with a degree in psychology?

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Clearly not, because if this was truly the case, he'd have figured this stategy out long before 2005...

Justin Otstott
01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
wow, Im sorry but that call was BS no matter what. What are you doing Bill lol.... j/k I understand what he's doing

RoethlisBURGHer
01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Good,we don't need the officials to be flag happy on Steeler "fouls" and not-so-flag-happy on Donkey "fouls".

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 06:54 PM
i think cowher and joey are playing "good cop, bad cop".

nothing has been said about joey going off on the colts last week by the head coach. hmmmmm.......i wonder why? cowher has said earlier this year him and joey are alot alike and he really respects his fire and what he brings to the team off the field.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Cowher has always supported the officials..prolly always will..

Justin Otstott
01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
yea that what Im trying to say, Bill know's what he's doing. We don't need those ****ers throwing flags all over the field for no reason again.

drizze99
01-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Nice PR move on Billy's part. He knows the whole already knows the zebra f-d the call, so what better of a move that say, "Hey, he's human"

SalukiSteelers
01-17-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm glad that Cowher came out and supported the officials because a repeat of the brutal calls that were made Sunday would not be good. The last thing Pittsburgh needs is a group of angry zebras. One thing about the missed INT that I haven't heard anyone saying: Who's to say that the Steelers would have won the game if the pick stood? I think there was about five minutes left in the game -- more than enough time for Indy to score if they got the ball back. The call sucked, but for all we -- or the players -- know, Pittsburgh could have turned the ball over or gone three-and-out and lost it. I'll take the garbage call and the win over the 'what if' possibilities if the officials had gotten the call right.

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Cowher has always supported the officials..prolly always will..

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there and this one...when he stuffed the picture of the Steelers 11 men on the defense into the official's pocket who had just flagged us for 12 men on the field against Detroit he was labeled a "trouble maker" and I think he's been unable to shake that label since...I'm,um...gonna also need you to come on in and work on Sunday, too...yeah...

Seriously, I think we've had more Tuesday morning apologies than any team in the NFL since. Lines were drawn, and tempers flared, and bad calls were made...we may have seen the end of it, finally. I think the Steelers were the 5th or 6th least penalized team this year...

LambertIsGod58
01-17-2006, 08:04 PM
I didn't figure out what he was doing at first...I'm like wtf..Are you serious?

GoStillersGo
01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Cowher cannot publically support insubordination with the biggest games to come... Smart move, Bill!

FisherMOM
01-18-2006, 07:49 AM
I agree... Bill did the right thing!
Don't know how well I could have held my tongue.. so good job BILL!