PDA

View Full Version : League to fine Polamalu for 2 penalties???

tony hipchest
09-13-2009, 11:37 AM
theyre looking into it according to a charlie casserly report.

he is so good they have to level the playing field. they dont want to see a defender who dominates in a way not seen since lawrence taylor (yes, im going there. troy = taylor).

so not only will they throw bullshit flags on him, and reward offenses for preventing him getting an int, but they will fine him for penalties too.

in the past, polamalus facemask penalty mightve been looked at as a 5 yard incidental (although it looked like a 15 yard major) and now theyre gonna consider fining him!

:shout:-OUTRAGE!!!

im pissed. :mad:

and goodell is pissed the rooneys didnt sell to stanley drukenmiller, which impedes his (and jones, snyder, & kraft's) global corporate vision.

btw jerry jones let the cat out of the bag that revenue sharing is going away.

Fire Haley
09-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Kick a cripple while he's down

Steelerama
09-13-2009, 11:44 AM
that would be total bullsquat if they fine him for anything, it's getting ridiculous

stillers4me
09-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Bunch of pansies.

tyler289
09-13-2009, 12:02 PM
It really is the "No Fun League."

They fine you for playing hard.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
That's complete BS!

St33lersguy
09-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Why don't these wussies just illegalize tackling. They wouldn't fine a patriots player for doing anything. Roger Goodell is just a wuss who's in bed with the cheatriots.

BlastFurnace
09-13-2009, 12:35 PM
theyre looking into it according to a charlie casserly report.

he is so good they have to level the playing field. they dont want to see a defender who dominates in a way not seen since lawrence taylor (yes, im going there. troy = taylor).

so not only will they throw bullshit flags on him, and reward offenses for preventing him getting an int, but they will fine him for penalties too.

in the past, polamalus facemask penalty mightve been looked at as a 5 yard incidental (although it looked like a 15 yard major) and now theyre gonna consider fining him!

:shout:-OUTRAGE!!!

im pissed. :mad:

and goodell is pissed the rooneys didnt sell to stanley drukenmiller, which impedes his (and jones, snyder, & kraft's) global corporate vision.

btw jerry jones let the cat out of the bag that revenue sharing is going away.

....and the Patriots will be awarded and additional 3rd Round Draft Pick as compensation to the league.

fansince'76
09-13-2009, 12:47 PM
He'll get fined. He dared to call Der Kommissar out last season.

stillers4me
09-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Goodell really wants to ask about his hair.

It's in his eyes.

Vincent
09-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Goodell really wants to ask about his hair.

It's in his eyes.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

Christian Snyder
09-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Ridiculous....Nuff' said.

AllD
09-13-2009, 01:31 PM
It's funny how lopsided the major calls were not to mention Harrison getting tackled and the refs looking the other way.

Tinman
09-13-2009, 01:53 PM
What 2 plays are they looking at fining him for?

I didn't think anything in that game was over the line rough. It was a damn rough game but nothing worthy of a fine.

There were blown calls both ways.. There was a holding call in the endzone that would have given the titans a safety.. Holding could be called on every play..

STill I am curious what plays are they thinking are finable.

wootawnee
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
The Players are going to strike.......This will be one of the issues......Goddell has too much power like a dictator........The players want to be able to regulate what is a great football play, or not when it comes to fines........Their will be a panel of ex-players on a board who will make judgements on alot of things.......They will ask to institute this board very soon.........The Labor movement is getting burried by Goddel's tactics, and the players are going to strike........The NFL will evolve into a system like the House of Representatives, and the Senate......These commitees will balance the fairness of all decisions made throughout the league on many issues in the future........It will all be done by texting or meetings with telecommunication devices where there will not have to be an actual meeting........This will save time and money for the league and the representatives can reside wherever they like......The acutal structure on the NFL Brass is very outdated and will be updated as todays fairness and freedom policies persist.........The game will not be lost......Senior players will receive their fair settlements........And the integrety of the game with be upheld without the commisioner dictating what is a legal or ethical hit.......Also Celebrations will be back..........

SteelerFanInStl
09-13-2009, 04:10 PM
What could they possibly fine him for? The hit out of bounds was barely late when he was running at full speed and the facemask was pretty minor. If he gets fined for either of those, that's just ridiculous.

billybob
09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't know why they would fine him, but i did notice on his one interception , when he got up and ran ,it looked as though his hair did touch the defenders foot , so should he not be down by contact ? Guess it's coming .

fansince'76
09-13-2009, 04:25 PM
What could they possibly fine him for? The hit out of bounds was barely late when he was running at full speed and the facemask was pretty minor. If he gets fined for either of those, that's just ridiculous.

Trumped up fine by the vindictive ass of a commissioner for his calling it a "pansy league" last year. Like jobbing us on our comp pick for Faneca wasn't enough.

SteelerFanInStl
09-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Trumped up fine by the vindictive ass of a commissioner for his calling it a "pansy league" last year. Like jobbing us on our comp pick for Faneca wasn't enough.

True enough but I wanna see what they give for the reason because they don't have a valid one.

fansince'76
09-13-2009, 04:44 PM
True enough but I wanna see what they give for the reason because they don't have a valid one.

Hell, I'm still waiting for a valid reason for Hines' fines last season, because I have yet to hear one.

NEPAsteeler
09-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Hell, I'm still waiting for a valid reason for Hines' fines last season, because I have yet to hear one.

If your owner isn't named Robert Kraft and your coach isn't named Bill Belichick then no reason is needed.

steel striker
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Just call Goodell Lord Sidous we must fine every steeler player no matter what. What a joke the NFL is becoming. Yet every team can hit Ben late with no repercussion.

markymarc
09-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Does the NFL really fine players for late hits out of bounds and face mask penalties? And here's a thought for Roger Goodell.........worry about bigger and more important things like actually getting another CBA worked out.

X-Terminator
09-13-2009, 06:35 PM
If Goodell actually does this, not only will he prove Troy correct about it being a "pansy league," but it also shows that he's nothing but a vindictive wannabe dictator who will stop at nothing to punish physical play and protect his butt buddies in Foxborough.

HometownGal
09-13-2009, 10:30 PM
What a bunch of bull puckies. :bs: Goodell is turning the NFL into a flag football league. I'm a lover not a fighter but I'd love nothing more than to send his cahoonas through the top of his head. Oh that's right - he doesn't have any - wifey won't give 'em to him from the jar on the mantle. :jerkit:

steelergirl07
09-13-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm guessing it's for the late hit and face mask. He shouldn't have grabbed the face mask, but it's stupid to fine him. The late hit was an accident, he was already off his feet by the time the guy was out of bounds.

But i'm not surprised anymore.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-13-2009, 10:59 PM
God-Deal is such a damn :jerkit:

There was nothing to fine, unless dominant play has become a fine.

HughC
09-14-2009, 02:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken the league reviews all personal fouls, and determines if they also merit a fine or suspension. I doubt either penalty will result in a fine, neither was that flagrant.

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but perhaps Troy does need to ratchet it down a notch. Unnecessary fifteen-yard penalties can make a huge difference in a drive in close games. No point debating whether the NFL is going soft in their interpetation of the rules. The reality is if those are the rules and that's the way games are going to be called, the players and coaches need to realize it and play a little smarter.

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I've never heard of somebody getting fined for a slightly late hit or a facemask before

sounds like BS to me

memphissteelergirl
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I call :bs:

Galax Steeler
09-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't understand how you could fine someone with the stuff they say Troy did. The hit was a little out of bounds but he was running full steam. I have seen worse then that and they was no fine so what the hell is this league turning into.

SteelMember
09-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't understand how you could fine someone with the stuff they say Troy did. The hit was a little out of bounds but he was running full steam. I have seen worse then that and they was no fine so what the hell is this league turning into.

I don't get it either. It's almost a QB rule for the RB in this case. Yeah, it's a judgment call, but please, at least use some judgment. The guy just ran his ass off 40 yards across the field on a sharp angle to cut the guy off. There was noting to indicate the RB was going to take a half step out. Troy's in the air, throwing his body to trip him up to possibly save a td. Weak.

Might as well fine him for that phantom interference call while your at it. That was pure crap.

Kvnfaber
09-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I know this won't be a popular opinion, but perhaps Troy does need to ratchet it down a notch. Unnecessary fifteen-yard penalties can make a huge difference in a drive in close games. No point debating whether the NFL is going soft in their interpetation of the rules. The reality is if those are the rules and that's the way games are going to be called, the players and coaches need to realize it and play a little smarter.

No thanks, I'll take his best every game and I'll also take a facemask penalty that he raerly ever does. The other two were terrible calls.

Either way, I don't want ANY Steeler giving in to Goodell and ratchetting his play down.

The_WARDen
09-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Has he actually been fined yet?

Much ado about nothing til then.

mesaSteeler
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Has he actually been fined yet?

Much ado about nothing til then.

I have seen nothing on any of the many websites that I check for news about the Steelers about Troy being fined.

KeiselPower99
09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
I actually wouldnt mind seeing someone come in and set Goodell straight. He is power drunk and is ruining a great game.The first thing he did that was stupid was the regular season game in England. Im sorry but take a preseason game over there like they used to do. Your pissing off a fan base by taking one of their home games away. And that in return takes revenue from that area. He needs to worry about more important bs like the CBA and how to keep the current system the way it is. Dont let owners like Jones Snyder and Kraft have their own interests over shadow whats best for the NFL.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I listened to ESPN pittsburgh all day today and they made not mention of any fines. I would think if it were true Savran, Crowe, Paulson would have been all over that one.

:tt02:

mesaSteeler
09-14-2009, 11:06 PM
There is nothing on the Tribune website tonight either

This must be another silly, stupid, twitter rumor.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

TackleMeBen
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
God-Deal is such a damn :jerkit:

There was nothing to fine, unless dominant play has become a fine.
it has if its the pittsburgh steeler defense you are talking about. cant we just push goodell off a cliff somewhere?

steelpride12
09-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Stupid rumor. No fine will come out of this.

memphissteelergirl
09-15-2009, 12:56 PM
it has if its the pittsburgh steeler defense you are talking about. cant we just push goodell off a cliff somewhere?

*Smacks hand*

Oh, behave! :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
09-15-2009, 12:58 PM
*Smacks hand*

Oh, behave! :chuckle:
do i have too??:wink02:. i am only saying what we are all thinking...lol.

HughC
09-15-2009, 01:01 PM
No thanks, I'll take his best every game and I'll also take a facemask penalty that he raerly ever does. The other two were terrible calls.

Either way, I don't want ANY Steeler giving in to Goodell and ratchetting his play down.
Point is, if this is the way officials are going to call the game, then is it really smart to continue to play that way? Look at the MNF game with the play where the DT tackled the Bills QB at the waist, for what should have been a safety (intentional grounding in the end zone) and instead the refs called it roughing the passer or a low hit, something like that. The thing is it's apparent the refs have been told to throw the flag a lot more on these very borderline hits. The teams, coaches and players who realize this and adjust accordingly will have an advantage over those that don't.

I don't want Troy to have to ratchet it down either, and I don't want ticky-tack penalties like that to be called on any team in any game. But if I have to choose between him laying back just a little bit and winning, or still seeing the all out play but losing because of penalties, I'll choose winning every time.

I don't see it as those simply being terrible calls and therefore next time it happens they won't be called; I see it as this is the way it is now in the NFL and the players need to adapt, or else the team is going to incur one penalty after another and another.

tony hipchest
09-15-2009, 06:48 PM
There is nothing on the Tribune website tonight either

This must be another silly, stupid, twitter rumor.

Move on. Nothing to see here.yeah, if you consider a charley casserley report on national television on cbs pregame show for opening day a "silly, stupid, twitter rumor.

since reading comprehension has obviously escaped may who cant understand the content of the OP, the point here isnt saying troy has been fined. he hasnt (and probably wont).

the fact that the league hast to hold a pow wow and even discus whether they should fine him is what is fukked up here.

they have already instituted the hines ward and ryan clark rule. they have already emphasized and redefined why james harrison's opponents cant be flagged for holding (he is too short). they have alreaddy flagged troy for getting pushed in the back by a offensive player before interceping an overthrown ball.

now they are going to question whether every defensive flag thrown against the steelers deserves a fine too? :doh:

"nothing to see here"?

you guys crack me up. :headshake:

mesaSteeler
09-15-2009, 08:56 PM
yeah, if you consider a charley casserley report on national television on cbs pregame show for opening day a "silly, stupid, twitter rumor.

since reading comprehension has obviously escaped may who cant understand the content of the OP, the point here isnt saying troy has been fined. he hasnt (and probably wont).

the fact that the league hast to hold a pow wow and even discus whether they should fine him is what is fukked up here.

they have already instituted the hines ward and ryan clark rule. they have already emphasized and redefined why james harrison's opponents cant be flagged for holding (he is too short). they have alreaddy flagged troy for getting pushed in the back by a offensive player before interceping an overthrown ball.

now they are going to question whether every defensive flag thrown against the steelers deserves a fine too? :doh:

"nothing to see here"?

you guys crack me up. :headshake:

I'm not into "fantasy" football.

I don't believe any discussions ever happened. No other source, including both Pittsburgh newspapers, ESPN, SI, NFL.com, Dale Lolley's blog, profootballweekly, among many others had anything about this. Not one!

As another poster correctly said this was much ado about NOTHING!

Don't waste my time with fantasy.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

MOVE ON.

I'm done. This is a total waste of my time. Next time post something factual.

tony hipchest
09-15-2009, 09:18 PM

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

MOVE ON.

I'm done. This is a total waste of my time. Next time post something factual.sorry, but i believe casserley as a league insider source moreso than you. :noidea:

you re-post news on steelersfever.

he makes his reports broadcast to the nation, every sunday before games. being that he actually has sources at 280 park ave. im more inclined to believe his reports as opposed to your opinion. :hunch:

RavensD
09-16-2009, 04:47 AM
I didn't bother reading through all these pages, so pardon me if I'm repeating the obvious....

Pretty f*d up that this is even a topic of discussion among the stuffed shirts. I don't see how they can even think about leveling a fine against him...wasn't any different from what we see a hundred times during the course of a season.

Anyway, hoping Troy makes a speedy recovery, he played one hell of a game last week.

The_WARDen
09-16-2009, 06:45 AM
I'm not into "fantasy" football.

I don't believe any discussions ever happened. No other source, including both Pittsburgh newspapers, ESPN, SI, NFL.com, Dale Lolley's blog, profootballweekly, among many others had anything about this. Not one!

As another poster correctly said this was much ado about NOTHING!

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

MOVE ON.

I'm done. This is a total waste of my time. Next time post something factual.

but it somehow got a 5 page thread..

:popcorn:

stlrtruck
09-16-2009, 08:07 AM
do i have too??:wink02:. i am only saying what we are all thinking...lol.

How tall is the cliff? I'm just asking - not agreeing (well, again depends on the height).

tony hipchest
09-16-2009, 10:31 AM
I didn't bother reading through all these pages, so pardon me if I'm repeating the obvious....

Pretty f*d up that this is even a topic of discussion among the stuffed shirts. I don't see how they can even think about leveling a fine against him...wasn't any different from what we see a hundred times during the course of a season.

Anyway, hoping Troy makes a speedy recovery, he played one hell of a game last week.exactly. just the fact that they would even take this to league offices for a simple discussion is what has me fuming. :mad:

its bad enough they made 2 anti-steeler rules and essentially put dan rooney out to pature. and now this?