PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs/Ravens

Edman
09-13-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't give KC much of a shot in this game. Would be nice to see a stunner.

steelpride12
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes im cheering for the chiefs all the way, but with no Cassel i don't give them much of a chance, but would LOVE to see them pull this one out!

steelpride12
09-13-2009, 01:14 PM
No Stover, No problem Ugly birds up 3 to 0

Edman
09-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Ravens go up 3-0.

It's only going to get worse from here. KC is awful.

Edman
09-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Ravens go up 10-0

The Ravens have it too easy this week. KC has negative yardage. Their Defense is garbage. They are just overall a profoundly awful team in a shitty division.

Watch them blow the Chiefs out and see ESPN call them the team to beat.

OneForTheToe
09-13-2009, 02:00 PM
KC could be the worst team in the AFC right now. Well, at least that is true until Cassell comes back - as they block a kick.

Edman
09-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Chiefs giving the Ravens a game. I'm absolutely shocked.

Tied at 24 going into the Two minute warning. Go Chiefs!

Edman
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Jailbreak Blitz by the Chiefs gets burned. Baltimore goes back up.

Hammer Of The GODS
09-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Not impressed with the rat-turds win here. KC gave them a game and if not for a poorly timed all out blitz leaving man coverage KC might have pulled this one out.

THEN, instead of doing the class thing and kicking a FG at the end the turds go for it on 4th and goal at the 1. Taking a page from the classless cheatriots!

stillers4me
09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
It's a win for them. I would have rather have seen all of them lose today. The Bungles, the Browns and the Rats.

Rats.

Ravnet
09-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Not impressed with the rat-turds win here. KC gave them a game and if not for a poorly timed all out blitz leaving man coverage KC might have pulled this one out.

THEN, instead of doing the class thing and kicking a FG at the end the turds go for it on 4th and goal at the 1. Taking a page from the classless cheatriots!

So the Ravens gained 501 total yards on offense, and gave up 188 on defense, but you're not impressed? Time of possession was 40 to 20 in our favor as well.

KC blocked a punt for a TD, and then returned the lone interception from Flacco for, essentially, a touchdown. Those plays alone accounted for 14 of their 24 points, with the other 10 coming legitimately.

I'm not saying that the game wasn't close, but the Chiefs were dominated from start to finish, and scored on two mistakes.

fansince'76
09-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Knew the whole time the Ravens were going to pull it out, especially at home. The Chiefs simply suck too bad.

sharkweek
09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
definitely not impressed with your guys' 2 minute D, looks like it hasn't changed from when we abused it all last season

Ravnet
09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
definitely not impressed with your guys' 2 minute D, looks like it hasn't changed from when we abused it all last season

Agreed, our two-minute defense was disappointing, but then again, it was every bit as bad for years under Rex as well.

St33lersguy
09-13-2009, 05:36 PM
So the Ravens gained 501 total yards on offense, and gave up 188 on defense, but you're not impressed? Time of possession was 40 to 20 in our favor as well.

KC blocked a punt for a TD, and then returned the lone interception from Flacco for, essentially, a touchdown. Those plays alone accounted for 14 of their 24 points, with the other 10 coming legitimately.

I'm not saying that the game wasn't close, but the Chiefs were dominated from start to finish, and scored on two mistakes.

With that said it's sad the game was tied at 24 in the final minutes.
Wonder if the ratbirds classlessly tacked on a cheap TD just to say they won by double digits.

St33lersguy
09-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Interesting how the Ravens were in a dogfight against the Brodie Croyle led Chiefs while the Steelers were in a dogfight against the Titans

Ravnet
09-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Wonder if the ratbirds classlessly tacked on a cheap TD just to say they won by double digits.

We had a punt blocked earlier in the game, and our rookie kicker had already missed a FG as well.

Conversely, the offense already had 500 total yards, so taking all of that into account, so Harbaugh decided that it was safer to run the ball.

Crow-Magnon
09-13-2009, 08:04 PM

Had they went for a FG, had it blocked and KC ran it back for a TD, the game would have been tied. Yeah, it looked like Harbaugh was running up the score, but it was the right call.

sharkweek
09-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Had they went for a FG, had it blocked and KC ran it back for a TD, the game would have been tied. Yeah, it looked like Harbaugh was running up the score, but it was the right call.

I actually agree here.

Kicking the field goal would have actually been running up the score more than running the ball. Kicking is such a higher percentage play, with the run you at least have a decent chance of stopping it.

Hammer Of The GODS
09-13-2009, 08:19 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH...........500 plus yards on the Chiefs!

Are you seriously bragging about whooping up on the Chiefs?

They sucked last year and they'll suck this year. Yet the Chiefs with thier SECOND STRING QB took it to the turds!

The turds were SUPPOSED to walk away with a win, but they BARELY won it.

I guess we will see you back here December 13th after you beat up on the Lions too, because you sure as hell will need a game against the Lions after we smack you around Nov. 29th in prime time!

Ravnet
09-13-2009, 08:30 PM
[SIZE="2"]OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH...........500 plus yards on the Chiefs!

Are you seriously bragging about whooping up on the Chiefs?

They sucked last year and they'll suck this year. Yet the Chiefs with thier SECOND STRING QB took it to the turds!

The turds were SUPPOSED to walk away with a win, but they BARELY won it.

K.

:wink02:

steelreserve
09-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Anyone see what happened with the last-second touchdown? It really pissed me off because I had the Chiefs +13.5 on that game. I didn't see anything about it except that the score suddenly changed right at the end.

Oh well, one more reason to hate Baltimore, I guess.

Galax Steeler
09-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Baltimores defense did not look so hot in that game. They gave up alot to a team that should not be getting the points that they did. Could the departure of Rex Ryan and defensive players have the Ratbirds defense not playing so well.

Crow-Magnon
09-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Baltimores defense did not look so hot in that game. They gave up alot to a team that should not be getting the points that they did. Could the departure of Rex Ryan and defensive players have the Ratbirds defense not playing so well.

Maybe. I also think, although I hate the thought of it, that the Ravens really did overlook the Chiefs a bit, and that is always a mistake in the NFL. One lesson every team should know by now is NEVER gauge a team this season by last year's performance. KC has a new coach and sometimes that can make a big difference. Especially when the old HC is named Herm.

But, taking away seven points which were given up by ST, the Chiefs scored 17, and seven of those points were after an INT that was almost taken to the house. All-in-all the defense only gave up 188 total yards to the KC offense.

The things I will take from that game is Baltimore's first 500+ yards of offense game in franchise history, Flacco's first 300+ yard passing game with 3 TD passes and how great Ray Rice is when he gets his hands on the ball. Hauschka worries me, though. He looks like he always has way too much of a left hook on FG attempts.

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 10:09 AM

The Ravens gave up 188 yards of total offense, and allowed 11 first downs while the other team was on the field for a whole 20 minutes.

One TD was a recovered punt block in the endzone, and another resulted from the fact that Flacco's lone INT was returned inside the five yard line.

If this is a disappointing performance, then I'm pretty happy.

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 10:44 AM
I was surprised the score was 24-24 late in the 4th qtr. Ratbird defense is old and slow.

"Flacco won't survive the season taking hits like that" - ha ha

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Ravens corners are small and weak. Good passing teams are going to eat them alive

Watch San Diego tear them up next week

ps - only a Raven fan is dumb enough to brag about barely beating one of the worst teams in the league lol

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 10:55 AM
"Flacco won't survive the season taking hits like that" - ha ha

What? Our offensive line was unquestionably incredible yesterday. . .

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Looked like Flacco was beaten to a pulp to me - he was running for his life most of the game , he got lucky tossing up a few hail-mary's or KC would have won. Not his fault though - he only has 1 WR.

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Looked like Flacco was beaten to a pulp to me - he was running for his life most of the game , he got lucky tossing up a few hail-mary's or KC would have won. Not his fault though - he only has 1 WR.

Why would you comment at all when you didn't watch the game?

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 02:38 PM
I did watch the game - I watch all the games.

Maybe not every play though, flipping around - it was a busy sunday - I watched the end of the cincy game, that was worth it all.

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 02:48 PM

Prove it. Did you see the gay little dance Ray Ray was doing?

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Maybe not every play though, flipping around - it was a busy sunday - I watched the end of the cincy game, that was worth it all.

The offensive line was beyond spectacular yesterday.

I'll take your justification at face value, because there is no way that anyone could have watched that game yesterday and been even remotely critical of the o-line.

Also, Flacco's longest pass on the day was that 31 yarder to Clayton for a TD; there were only two other passes over 20 yards, so you're clearly just making stuff up to prove a nonexistent point.

HughC
09-14-2009, 03:15 PM

Actually I thought that was a very smart decision by the Ravens.

- Score and you seal the win, up by two TD.
- Don't score and you not only eliminate the possibility of a kickoff run back for a TD, but you've also pinned KC as far back as possible, on the one-yard line.
- Go for a FG and you run the risk of it being blocked and run back for a game-tying TD.

On the other hand I do agree that the final score was not indicative of the game. The score was tied and Baltimore was looking at a very long field goal attempt with 2:06 left in the game.

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 03:25 PM
On the other hand I do agree that the final score was not indicative of the game. The score was tied and Baltimore was looking at a very long field goal attempt with 2:06 left in the game.

You could easily make the argument that the score of 24-24 was less indicative of the game than the final score of 38-24.

Look, I agree that Baltimore didn't play especially well yesterday, but the bottom line is that we won by 14 points, and gained 500 yards on offense while giving up 188 on defense.

Incessantly pointing out that the score was close with a few minutes left in the fourth quarter is selective attention; simply look at the bottom line.

fansince'76
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
You could easily make the argument that the score of 24-24 was less indicative of the game than the final score of 38-24.

Look, I agree that Baltimore didn't play especially well yesterday, but the bottom line is that we won by 14 points, and gained 500 yards on offense while giving up 188 on defense.

Incessantly pointing out that the score was close with a few minutes left in the fourth quarter is selective attention; simply look at the bottom line.

What do you want, a cookie? You beat one of the worst teams in the league in your house. You're SUPPOSED to do that.

Galax Steeler
09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
What do you want, a cookie? You beat one of the worst teams in the league in your house. You're SUPPOSED to do that.

I will admit that it was a football game and these two teams had to play each other. But before I went and started thumping my chest over beating the Chiefs. I think I would wait and see how they fair against a better team. I have to agree with fansince 76 on this one.

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 03:43 PM

Point taken, to be certain, but just by reading this site, you would think that the Ravens needed overtime to beat them in our own house or something, and I'm just trying to debunk that idea.

revefsreleets
09-14-2009, 04:02 PM
You gave up 24 points to arguably the worst offense in the NFL.

You scored 38 against arguably the worst defense in the NFL.

Every team you face will be better, and you were TIED with them late in the game.

That is all...

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 04:10 PM
You gave up 24 points to arguably the worst offense in the NFL.

No, we didn't.

revefsreleets
09-14-2009, 04:44 PM
No, we didn't.

Oh yeah, you're right....you're special teams gave up 7 of that...CONGRATULATIONS!

The Rats needed until 2:06 of the 4th qtr to beat one of, if not the, worst team in the NFL.

You should be proud...

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Point taken, to be certain, but just by reading this site.....

ha ha!

Nobody cares what you think, this isn't a debating society, it's a Steelers board.

You DO know we'll say anything to make you bleed - that's our job.

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Ok ok everyone relax. The Ravens won. What can we do but pray they lose next week. Screw them, not worth our time!