PDA

View Full Version : Bears are beatable

steelpride12
09-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Im watching the Packers/Bears game and the Bears are favored this season to make the playoffs and even Super Bowl again.
I feel we stand a good chance against them next week and they don't look as great as every one says.
1. Cutlers falters from pressure. He has thrown 3 INT's so far when the Packers blitzed and he goes Incomplete or sacked when they sack.
2. There pass defense still lacks big time. They are getting killed over the middle and screen plays would work.
3.Forte is a good back, but if we can shut him down and make Cutler one dimensional and force him to pass the picks and sacks will only keep coming.

The only problem is the Bears defense is ferocious and have been getting to Rogers and there run game. Were gonna have to start off passing and open up holes and the OL has to show up. Even possibly stretching the run game to the outside would produce yardage.

mesaSteeler
09-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Our D is going to feast on Cutler

bradness113
09-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Our D is going to feast on Cutler

IF WE BLITZ JAMES HARRISON, unlike last week, where he droppd in coverage ALOT.

mesaSteeler
09-13-2009, 10:05 PM
I can't stay I'm real impressed with the Chicago playing calling. Snapping to the up back on a 4th and 12 ??!!!

sharkweek
09-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Any word on Timmons? If we got Timmons back, he could be a big boost to the pass coverage so Harrison can focus on the QB

mesaSteeler
09-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Any word on Timmons? If we got Timmons back, he could be a big boost to the pass coverage so Harrison can focus on the QB

Haven't heard anything yet that I have not already posted.

HometownGal
09-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Make no mistake about it - Lovie Smith will have da Bears ready to rumble. However, if we can stop Hester from going to the house on a K/PR and limit Forte to under 50 yards, there should be no reason why the Steelers can't beat them. The only way I see them losing is if they beat themselves with boneheaded penalties and not taking advantage of opportunities given to them.

steelpride12
09-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Make no mistake about it - Lovie Smith will have da Bears ready to rumble. However, if we can stop Hester from going to the house on a K/PR and limit Forte to under 50 yards, there should be no reason why the Steelers can't beat them. The only way I see them losing is if they beat themselves with boneheaded penalties and not taking advantage of opportunities given to them.

I know our ST defense will be able to hold Hester down and if its a problem we will kick away from him. Hester on offense could be a problem, but Ike Taylor should hold his load and the rest of the Wide Outs aren't the best!
Forte yes is a darn good back, but our defense was made to kill the run and they don't have the up front talent to hold our D so he won't be productive.

So attack Cutler with our unique blitzing and hold the run game and our offense should produce enough points to hold them off. We need to have a balanced attack and get "some" rushing yards so Ben can tear up the weak secondary.

And yes as well we need to play our game and not make any dumb mistakes and commit a lot of penalties. Ben shouldn't have a problem throwing the ball and the Bears are also losing alot of players to injury tonight which is a plus. :tt03::drink:

KeiselPower99
09-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Rattle Cutler and make sure Colon keeps AO of Bens ass we should be fine.

Lock Down
09-13-2009, 11:00 PM
As long as the Steelers contain or prevent the big plays i have a tough time seeing the Bears winning. 0-1 and being the home opener against the champs they will have extra incentive and be a bit more fired up but i think they might have too many holes in their team to come out on top.

I didn't see the entire Bears - Packers game but from what i did see it seemed as though Cutler made quite a few poor decisions (only saw 2 of the picks) throwing into multiple coverage often.

tyler289
09-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Get ahead early, force Cutler to come back on us. Eliminate their running game.

SteelMusic
09-13-2009, 11:05 PM
This game makes you appreciate Big Ben's clutchness!

SteelerEmpire
09-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Cutler SUCKS !!!!! He will be made minced meat of by our defense.... "da Bears" are not ready for the Steelers....

RoethlisBURGHer
09-13-2009, 11:24 PM
I bet Bears fans are happy they gave up two first round picks for Cutler after tonight..

I don't know how many times last year Royal and Marshall bailed Cutler's dumbass out by making awesome plays on poorly thrown balls or bad decisions by Cutler last year.

The Bears don't have very good receivers. Nobody is going to make a huge play to bail Cutler out in Chicago. Franchise quarterback my ass.

sharkweek
09-13-2009, 11:42 PM
I dunno, the thought of the Bears going into an 0-2 hole in a division with the Packers and Vikings might give them extra motivation. I'm not going to underestimate them.

LVSteelersfan
09-13-2009, 11:43 PM
You can bet there are those out there that say Cutler is better than Ben. Cutler is a tool who cannot handle pressure. We will eat him alive. I just hope that Ben doesn't get killed because Ogunleeae (sp) looked pretty darn good. Colon and Essex better be ready to rock.

Steely McSmash
09-13-2009, 11:51 PM
My 2 cents:

Cutler looked lousy but we can't count on that week in and week out. I expect he'll bounce back and won't throw 4 picks.

Their DB's can't handle our receivers

Their receivers are nothing special.

The Steelers don't have John Kuhn to open holers in the running game. Packers only ran for 76 yards WITH Kuhn.:flap:

fansince'76
09-14-2009, 12:18 AM
I dunno, the thought of the Bears going into an 0-2 hole in a division with the Packers and Vikings might give them extra motivation. I'm not going to underestimate them.

Me neither. We've also had an annoying tendency in the past to lay some absolute eggs on the road and lose to teams whose asses we should've kicked all over the field (Oakland '06, Denver '07, Jets '07, to name 3).

Gnutella
09-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Jay Cutler threw four INTs tonight, and that doesn't even consider all the passes he threw into coverage that could have been picked off. I think Dick LeBeau will embarrass him, but we need everybody on our offense -- Ben included -- to play a crisper game than they did to open the season.

SteelC7
09-14-2009, 01:54 AM
we got the bears number, hines ward will tear them apart, and santonio should have a big day

Galax Steeler
09-14-2009, 03:31 AM
I think Ben should be able to pass on them at will. There secondary did not look all that hot and with pressure on Cutler we should be able to rattle his cage with our defense.

Lock Down
09-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Looks as though Urlacher will need surgery on his wrist.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12201878

BlastFurnace
09-14-2009, 05:28 AM

I wouldn't even kick it to Hester. If we punt, I'd kick it out of bounds every single time.

Steelers & I
09-14-2009, 05:34 AM
The Chicago Bears...they won't be a problem for the Steelers. Steelers should win this one easy, minimum 17 point margin of victory. :tt::tt03::tt02::helmet:

mmalone
09-14-2009, 06:05 AM
The Chicago Bears...they won't be a problem for the Steelers. Steelers should win this one easy, minimum 17 point margin of victory. :tt::tt03::tt02::helmet:

Speed wise. Wallace on Vasher the CB... wallace should have some great long play chances. The GB play on Vasher on 3rd and inches to put it away.... Great execution. :tt:

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 07:42 AM
no crap the Bears are beatable, every team is

I just hope we can get a running game going. That is important especially when we have a lead to eat up the clock.

PalmerSteel
09-14-2009, 07:47 AM
even without urlacher, lets not foget it will be there home opener and they were pretty stout on d last night against a very potent offense. i think we all can agree cutler is not that bad of a qb so he will probably be better. i see a fist fight style grudge match coming again for the 2nd week in a row, with the same results.

Venom
09-14-2009, 07:55 AM
I just hope and pray that our running game somehow can get over the 50 total yards. If Willy Parker is looking for a big payday in a new contract from us or another team, he better start running !!!!

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 07:59 AM
The only problem I see is the front D line of the Bears is crazy fast and tough and our OL has to show up and give Ben time. Or at least make a little running room for our run game.

Vis
09-14-2009, 08:06 AM
They are down 2 LBs.

scsteeler
09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Cutler has been crowned the next great QB by so many but I liked what Deon Sanders said about him and that was he has not done anything. Cutler could have had 8 Int's last night. I think like others if we shut down the run we should be ok. My only concern is how well will our O-line Run & Pass block!

I see the Steelers winning this and only a huge amount of mistakes on our part will cost us this game.

Bears defense will be good but so will . I see 14 points for the Steelers by special teams and defense. Should be a good one.

pancake
09-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Does anyone think that Chicago is a Superbowl team? Now we still need to play smart by shutting down their run and not giving them a freebe TD from Hester in the return game. I don't see us running the ball that well against their D either, but paaing enough to win by double digit points. 21-10 Steelers

mmalone
09-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Bears' Urlacher Out for the Season
Chicago Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher said he will miss the rest of the 2009 season after dislocating his right wrist during the Bears' 21-15 loss to the Green Bay Packers last night.

Urlacher was scheduled to have surgery to put the dislocated bone back in place.

The Bears also lost linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa for a few weeks to a sprained PCL, which as Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune notes, could mean that Lance Briggs moved to middle linebacker.

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Bears | Urlacher to miss 2009 season

Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:05:16 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, ESPNews reports Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher (wrist) has confirmed that he will miss the rest of the 2009 season

SteelMember
09-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Bears | Urlacher to miss 2009 season

Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:05:16 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, ESPNews reports Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher (wrist) has confirmed that he will miss the rest of the 2009 season

Big loss for them, but we're going to be without Troy.

Yes. No question the bears are beatable for us, but I'd sure like to see more than 39 yards rushing.

Lets go oline! Wake up!

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Urlacher and Pisa being out is great news for our OL. They need to just step up this week and give the run game a little room and let Parker do the rest.
Cutler fails under pressure as well so im sure well see plenty of exotic blitzes by King Dick to force turnovers.

PalmerSteel
09-14-2009, 10:42 AM
wow, urlacher was looking good too before he got hurt. glad he is not playing against us but thats too bad out for season. always liked him, at least as much as you can like a non-steeler ;)

GridironWarrior
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I still don't see the Oline opening any holes despite this advantage of their 2 lbs being gone. Sad we don't have a better line. And I'm stuck with Willie on my fantasy team :(

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I still don't see the Oline opening any holes despite this advantage of their 2 lbs being gone. Sad we don't have a better line. And I'm stuck with Willie on my fantasy team :(

I guess after one game against a top 10 defense Parker is gonna average 1.5 YPC the rest of the season. :chuckle:

mmalone
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I guess after one game against a top 10 defense Parker is gonna average 1.5 YPC the rest of the season. :chuckle:

if we are going to pass 363 yards a game and run for 38 ... then Moore should be playing more , he works well with ben in the no huddle passing attack.

sign parker and trade him for a monster Center or other OL.

Steelers Since '75
09-14-2009, 11:22 AM

I will add my .02 because the homerism for the Steelers goes to the point of blind fanatacism...

Willie is not as fast as he used to be... he is more hesitant to take a direct hit... and his ability to break a tackle is sorely lacking. I am not in any way saying he is a bad RB... BUT I do believe he can only excel with a great O-Line that can open seams for him to run in. Our O-Line looks slow and confused, whether that is talent or coaching I cannot say, but against the Titans we looked pretty bad and out of step. If we want to run the ball then we need to open up lanes... not continually pull when our linemen don't appear quick enough or agile enough to get to the edge and seal it for Willie. If our O-Line doesn't step up against Chicago it will be another nail biter as we are all accustomed to... 17-13 Steelers again in a close one that comes down to a final drive to decide it. If we are lucky we will get 60 yards rushing and Roethlisberger will have to shoulder another 40 attempt day for 350+ passing yards.

Flame suit ON!

RoethlisBURGHer
09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I will add my .02 because the homerism for the Steelers goes to the point of blind fanatacism...

Willie is not as fast as he used to be... he is more hesitant to take a direct hit... and his ability to break a tackle is sorely lacking. I am not in any way saying he is a bad RB... BUT I do believe he can only excel with a great O-Line that can open seams for him to run in. Our O-Line looks slow and confused, whether that is talent or coaching I cannot say, but against the Titans we looked pretty bad and out of step. If we want to run the ball then we need to open up lanes... not continually pull when our linemen don't appear quick enough or agile enough to get to the edge and seal it for Willie. If our O-Line doesn't step up against Chicago it will be another nail biter as we are all accustomed to... 17-13 Steelers again in a close one that comes down to a final drive to decide it. If we are lucky we will get 60 yards rushing and Roethlisberger will have to shoulder another 40 attempt day for 350+ passing yards.

Flame suit ON!

I don't think you're going to get flamed for that.

I am starting to think "Fast" Willie needs to get renamed "Quick" WIllie.

He has has always had problems running against good run defenses. He will run for 200 against a bad team, and be lucky to get 30 against the Ravens.

Now with the really bad offensive line, he will have trouble running against some of the bad teams.

And the truth is, every running back needs an offensive line that can open some holes to run through. Thursday night, ours didn't open any. Not even Jerome Bettis could have done anything in that game.

If the line doesn't figure it out, we're going to have another big passing game Sunday against the Bears. Hell, we might anyhow because I think their secondary is sorta week and Ben can have a field day against them with that pump fake he has.

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 11:52 AM
And the truth is, every running back needs an offensive line that can open some holes to run through. Thursday night, ours didn't open any. Not even Jerome Bettis could have done anything in that game.

Yeah he could. He could've at least gotten back to the line of scrimmage.

OK, so he wouldn't have gotten a lot of yards. But just by not dancing so goddamn much that you LOSE yardage most of the time, that would've been good for an extra 20-25 on top of Willie's total right there.

Seriously half of the reason for this bullshit where "OMG, NOBODY could run the ball when they're getting swarmed in the backfield like that!!!!!" is because Parker dances around like a fag and lets the defenders come to him. You're not going to be very good that way unless your OL is manhandling people, which no one can do against decent teams. That's when you need a different running style.

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Even if Ben has to come out and Sling for 40 attempts and throw for over 300 yards I don't mind it against the Bear because they secondary lacks the skill set and have been burned deep by Green Bay.
Im not worried yet. Our OL will settle down and learn their plays, but for now im taking it one game at a time and after Sunday is over we will see how we stand with the OL problems.

mmalone
09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Even if Ben has to come out and Sling for 40 attempts and throw for over 300 yards I don't mind it against the Bear because they secondary lacks the skill set and have been burned deep by Green Bay.
Im not worried yet. Our OL will settle down and learn their plays, but for now im taking it one game at a time and after Sunday is over we will see how we stand with the OL problems.

The bears have one positive in this game. they dont have to travel far.

they will be having a rough afternoon with us.

Go Cutler. Hes the only Franchise QB out there that isnt one...

his post game interview was awful, did anyone hear that... what a jerk.

no wonder denver let him go.

GridironWarrior
09-14-2009, 12:53 PM
The bears have one positive in this game. they dont have to travel far.

they will be having a rough afternoon with us.

Go Cutler. Hes the only Franchise QB out there that isnt one...

his post game interview was awful, did anyone hear that... what a jerk.

no wonder denver let him go.

What did he say? I never could stand the guy.

mmalone
09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
What did he say? I never could stand the guy.

you can tell its all about cutler and that smirky like attitude...

hes trying hard to be humble but isnt pulling it off.

kinda like a spoiled kid... thing... you have to hear it.

nfl.com had it im sure they'll play it alot, hes one of there favorites.

FacemeIke
09-14-2009, 01:03 PM
The Bears are beatable....On a related note the sky is blue.

fat4jc
09-14-2009, 01:17 PM
The Bears are who we thought they were!

HughC
09-14-2009, 01:21 PM
No Urlacher, Cutler making bad decisions on the field, Lovie Smith making worse decisions from the sideline; the "Bears are beatable" is stating the obvious, isn't it?

FacemeIke
09-14-2009, 01:27 PM

And we let'em off the hook!

KeiselPower99
09-14-2009, 02:02 PM
The one matchup Im looking forward to this week is Harrison against Orlando Pace. We will see just how far Pace has fallen.

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
The one matchup Im looking forward to this week is Harrison against Orlando Pace. We will see just how far Pace has fallen.

Pace has fallen over the season I just hope we blitz more. Harrison was not seen blitzing too often against the Titans and Dick should show some pretty crazy blitz schemes to attack Cutler and force turnovers.:tt03:

fansince'76
09-14-2009, 02:49 PM

And we let'em off the hook!

So if you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AllD
09-14-2009, 03:17 PM
The clock struck midnight on the Bears already. I am a Ditka fan and Walter Payton is the best RB in the Super Bowl era, but this season's Bears look like they should be riding those little bicycle's in a circus. Cutler needs to use his brain more and his mouth less.

markymarc
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I am very concerned about their DL. They were abusing the Packers a lot last night. Defensively it's simple.........shut down Matt Forte and bring the pressure on Cutler!

Ravenssuck
09-14-2009, 06:21 PM

Unless LOVIE coaches the "ALBANIAN HEADLOCK BLOCKING TECHNIQUE" which seems to be the EN VOGUE way of teaching O-Linemen to deal with the SILVERBACK.

(Especially when the Zebras seem to think that it is O.K. to "horsecollar" the Reigning Defensive P.O.Y.)

Mike Perreira needs to be shown Video of this Phenomenon... AND Action needs to be taken ASAP. They call this type of holding against EVERY OTHER O-LINEMAN in the NFL, but let it slide against JAMES HARRISON!!!!!!!!!

WTF?????????????

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-14-2009, 06:44 PM

The other is Olin Kreutz (292 lbs) vs Casey Hampton.

Then there is always Chris Williams who I think is a tall athletic lineman, but not an overly stout guy against the bull rush. Woodley is gonna push him into the backfield big time!!!

Honestly, the Bear defense is good, but they have lost Urlacher and if they only bring 4, then the O line can get some time for Ben to pass. I'd really like to see Arians pull both Miller and Kemo from left to right and lead for Mendenhall /Parker. It worked great last season.

beSteelmyheart
09-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Weren't a couple of Cutler's interceptions due to reciever mistakes? Especially the fourth one?
Not that I'm defending the weenie, don't get me wrong I can't stand the whiner but a couple of rookie recievers will be more fodder for the Steelers'D ...
We shouldn't get too profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery, though, we all know what happens then.

Fire Haley
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
This game won't be a pushover by any means.

We need Fox to step up again, and the front 7, to shut down the run. The Bears were stupid to get pass-happy the whole first half against the Pack. I see them going back to Forte and the ground game.

This might be the game to let Ben open up with the no-huddle, shotgun and burn them deep early. I don't see how slamming Willie up the gut will do much good against them, unless he can get outside.

Steelboy84
09-16-2009, 09:51 PM
IF WE BLITZ JAMES HARRISON, unlike last week, where he droppd in coverage ALOT.

Great point.

mesaSteeler
09-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Take a look over in the NFL forum for an article from the Chicago Tribune about Cutler's performance.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38998

The columnist rips Cutler a new one.

Fire Haley
09-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Wave to all the nice Bears fans...

Pretty confident over on the Steelers message boards (Steelers Fever)

They're peeking...

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1790757.aspx

neg_serye
09-17-2009, 02:06 PM
The steelers should beat the bears, especially with Urlacher being out.

SteelMember
09-17-2009, 02:11 PM

They're peeking...

Pretty respectful.
Some of them even seem to be giving more props to us than some on this board.:hatsoff:

sherlock
09-17-2009, 02:16 PM

They're peeking...

I only read this thread but the Bears fans come across as decent sort of chaps:wave:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I only read this thread but the Bears fans come across as decent sort of chaps:wave:

Most Bears fans are pretty cool. I have a few customers that have moved here from Chicago and they are pretty cool.

But I think we have every right to be confident in our team, even a bit c0cky.

The Packers are just starting to run a 3-4 defense. We have been running one since the 1980's.

We have the best damn 3-4 defensive coordinator in football running the defense, and Mike Tomlin gives him free reign over the D.

We have two of the best damn pass rushers in football playing OLB...and they will abuse the Bears tackles.

Oh, and Forte isn't going to get shit against our run defense. He will get shut down, forcing the Bears to throw it. Cutler might be leaving Soldier Field on a stretcher.

Steel_Bus_24
09-17-2009, 03:06 PM
we better be ready for a knife fight

The media has to be pissing them off, in their eyes they'll have something to prove against us

Im starting to get a little nervous about this one....a team shamed like this by the media is going to be tough to beat

especially without Troy, or Timmons....and until further notice a running game

sherlock
09-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Most Bears fans are pretty cool. I have a few customers that have moved here from Chicago and they are pretty cool.

Indeed RoethlisBURGHer
The lack of smack-talk was quite refreshing.
Anyway...You`re GOING DOWN Bears!:laughing:

Fire Haley
09-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Another Bears board ...

Ben as a qb is soooo overrated...

I think Ogun can tear him a new booty hole

I predict we rout the sorry ass Steelers and stick humble pie right up Martzs' squeeky bitchin ass

http://www.dabears.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26274

markymarc
09-17-2009, 06:32 PM
In order to beat the Bears we must:

1. Shut down Matt Forte running and catching the ball
2. Shut down Devin Hester in the return game
3. Do a good job of protecting Ben when passing. The only part of the Bears defense that concerns me is their DL.

Fire Haley
09-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I licked the face of a Bears fan chick tonight - she was sweet.

I hope we win because we'll be on the beach naked Sunday night.

Shrimps will keep us all together.

steelpride12
09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
If we can contain the run game and kick away from Hesters the Steelers defense should have no problem rumbling up Cutler and forcing turnovers.
And the offense will have enough fire power and hopefully enough of the run game to counter that.

stairway27
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Another Bears board ...

I predict we rout the sorry ass Steelers and stick humble pie right up Martzs' squeeky bitchin ass

How can they say Ben is overrated, when they have the most overrated QB in the league. Cutler 1 good year stats wise, and lead his team to an impressive 8-8 season. They will learn the true meaning of overrated very shortly.

SteelMember
09-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Reason the Steelers can beat the daBears.

1. Preparation time

The Steelers last played on Thursday night, giving them 2 extra prep days.

DaBears played on Monday night, giving them 1 less day of prep.

We're already +3

:hunch:

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Ben has won more games in his first five seasons than any other quarterback in NFL history - that's how overrated he is.
Those two SB trophies are a mirage too, I guess.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-18-2009, 09:01 AM
The Bears ar VERY beatable...they have a horrible WR corps, an average offensive line, and an overrated defense that will be missing a key cog.

What the Steelers need to do is at leat take a look at what Packers DC Dom Capers did to the Bears. And before you say it...Yes, we have the best DC in football, but Capers is a very competant coach and had the perfect game plan against the Bears.

The Packers shut down the TE's, forcing Cutler to go to his Wr's. Capers also kept switching from the 3-4 to the 4-3 to a nickel package throughout the game, which ate up the o-line.

Being only 1 1/2 hours from Chicago..I can tell you that the local press there is worried...but so are the fans, The general consensus there is that the Bears could win on Sunday...but probably wont. They have their fingers crossed that our line is completely inept, and that the loss of Polamalu will allow Cutler to find TE Greg Olson open throughout the day. The realist's are all saying that our defense is too stout and that even without a running game, Ben will eat CB Nasthan Vasher alive and throw all day.

mmalone
09-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Ben has won more games in his first five seasons than any other quarterback in NFL history - that's how overrated he is.
Those two SB trophies are a mirage too, I guess.

This is why Cutler is no longer in Denver.... After the game conference with Cutler...

From the Chicago Tribune:

Who is going to tell him? Who is going to get in Jay Cutler's face and inform him the Green Bay debacle was ridiculous?

The four interceptions in Sunday's opener were a career high, but the poor decision-making and the recklessness were nothing new. He did that periodically with the Broncos. It's up to someone in the Bears' organization to tell him that being blessed physically is not a license to throw risky passes over and over again.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out who that person would be.

It's also up to someone in the organization to tell Cutler that his on- and off-field demeanor needs to change. Some TV analysts were annoyed by Cutler's attitude in the press conference after the Bears' 21-15 loss to the Packers. The attitude is nothing new either.

"I thought he looked completely immature," former Saints and Colts coach Jim Mora said on the NFL Network. "He acted like he didn't even care."

Added former Rams coach Mike Martz: "He just doesn't get it. He doesn't understand that he represents a great head coach and the rest of those players on that team. Somebody needs to talk to him."

If you have been led to believe it's all about you -- if a team bets its future to acquire you and then gives you smooches at every turn -- it might be hard to listen to someone tell you it isn't all about you.

But that's the situation Cutler and the Bears find themselves in after exactly one game.

So who's going to tell him he needs to change?

Great QB in Cutler...... Please......

Go Ben... We Win this One Big....

:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

Kvnfaber
09-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Is anyone else more excited to see Logan return kicks than anything else this Sunday? I just can't wait to see him in the open field again.
:tt02:

mmalone
09-18-2009, 07:15 PM
well i called wallace eating up vasher the cb on sunday. but the bears replaced him with a rookie today to start the game....

maybe that will be even better for our WR's

watch that hot spot during the game.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-19-2009, 04:06 AM
well i called wallace eating up vasher the cb on sunday. but the bears replaced him with a rookie today to start the game....

Actually I think that they are starting 2nd year man Zack Bowman.

Fire Haley
09-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Payne benched in Bears secondary shakeup

Posted by ESPN.com’s Kevin Seifert

Chicago is continuing to fiddle with its defensive secondary, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times and ESPN Chicago colleague Jeff Dickerson

Danieal Manning has reclaimed his job as the starting free safety, a job he held before a hamstring injury sidelined him in training camp. And in a surprise, rookie Al Afalava will remain the starter at strong safety in the new lineup. Veteran Kevin Payne, who has started 18 consecutive games dating back to 2007 games, has been benched.

Not to take anything away from Afalava, but you would think the Bears would want maximum experience on the field this Sunday against Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Yet as Biggs points out, Payne bit on a play-action fake during Green Bay receiver Greg Jennings’ 50-yard touchdown pass Sunday night at Lambeau Field.

Manning handled the nickel position against the Packers and it’s possible he’ll remain in that role against the Steelers. If he does, you wonder if he’ll continue to return kickoffs. Dickerson suggests that rookie speedster Johnny Knox could pick up those duties.

Sunday’s loss led to a 50 percent turnover in the Bears’ secondary. Cornerback Nate Vasher, who slipped while covering Jennings on the touchdown, has also been benched and replaced by second-year player Zack Bowman.

-----------------------------------

Slice and dice em Ben.

fansince'76
09-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Another Bears board ...

How can they say Ben is overrated, when they have the most overrated QB in the league. Cutler 1 good year stats wise, and lead his team to an impressive 8-8 season. They will learn the true meaning of overrated very shortly.

Not to mention that their last (and as far as I can recall at the moment only) great QB was Sid Luckman. They wouldn't know a great QB if they fell over one. :coffee:

RunofTheMill
09-20-2009, 06:31 PM
arrogance diminishes wisdom

good game stay classy pittsburgh

SteelTalons
09-20-2009, 07:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYKIcnj1MJY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYKIcnj1MJY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well that pretty much sums up today.

fansince'76
09-20-2009, 07:22 PM
arrogance diminishes wisdom

good game stay classy pittsburgh

Way to be a chickenshit and say nothing until after the game. Real puss move.

RunofTheMill
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Way to be a chickenshit and say nothing until after the game. Real puss move.

a guy on our board just upped it...i just seen it...good game