PDA

View Full Version : Time for a POSITIVE thread

Preacher
09-14-2009, 02:34 AM
So I am watching the game... was breaking it down play by play, but was going on for PAGES. So I stopped.

However, Do any of you realize that Ben's throw at the end of the half was thrown at the 39 yard line, and came down at the goal line?

That is a 61 yard throw! :jawdrop: That is further than any of our punters last year!!

Mots
09-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Yeah, that was an awesome throw... The whole throwing motion was impressive, Ben looked like a rocket launcher :)

Something else that I found very positive: The Steelers WON!
And that against a (at least in my opinion) very strong Titans team.
I just don't know why the general tone in some threads is so negative, I'm extremely excited about the win and can't wait for the next game!

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Yes, our punters cannot throw the ball that far.

JackHammer
09-14-2009, 03:42 AM
Never mind these damned positive feelings!! Did you see how long it took them to tackle the interception??? Unlike last years punters, Ben out-threw his coverage. What a noob! It's time we give Batch the starting job!!

sharkweek
09-14-2009, 03:45 AM
The good news is that we won perhaps the hardest game on our regular season schedule.

stillers4me
09-14-2009, 07:37 AM
The good news is that we won perhaps the hardest game on our regular season schedule.

The playoffs are a different animal. While, all along, I believed the Titans game could be our toughest challenge 9aside from 2 Ravens games, which we won't be able to run much anyway)), I'm still glad we have a long time to fix the obvious weaknesses before we need to play with all the big boys.

And we have no control over the weather. Need I remind anybody of a certain Dolphins game?

Here we go, Steelers!

Mots
09-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Need I remind anybody of a certain Dolphins game?

The game that the Steelers won?

stillers4me
09-14-2009, 08:55 AM
The game that the Steelers won?

Thanks to a certain kicker. The Dolphins flat out sucked and we had to rely on our kicker. :doh:

stlrtruck
09-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Wasn't there an unseasonal monsoon that night too?

Weather conditions be damned, we still should have won 100-0 :stirthepot:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-14-2009, 12:22 PM

100-0?

300-0!

:chuckle:

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
This is still one of my favorite weird football moments of all-time.

I don't know what they thought they were going to accomplish by laying a second layer of sod ON TOP OF the existing field, other than creating a full-on swamp.

x7DTNEa2E7w

LVSteelersfan
09-14-2009, 12:46 PM
I am now positive. I am now positive. Although I am a pessimist in most cases, Arians doesn't suck, Willie Parker doesn't suck, our O-Line doesn't suck. Notice I said nothing negative there. I did not say they were great either, but they don't suck because they are Pittsburgh Steelers. Although there are problems, I love this team and want to think only positive things about beating up on Jay Cutler and some Bears.

MACH1
09-14-2009, 12:54 PM

I wouldn't overlook the ratbirds!

Next is da bears.
We should be fine as long as the O line can block people.

markymarc
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Wow and here I thought Ben couldn't throw the deep ball :chuckle:

Hines0wnz
09-14-2009, 07:05 PM
So I am watching the game... was breaking it down play by play, but was going on for PAGES. So I stopped.

However, Do any of you realize that Ben's throw at the end of the half was thrown at the 39 yard line, and came down at the goal line?

That is a 61 yard throw! :jawdrop: That is further than any of our punters last year!!

Other than the resident Willie haters, where's the negativity? :noidea:

revefsreleets
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Not sure about the ole Rats...it took them into the late 4th to beat one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL...

Steelman16
09-15-2009, 11:16 AM

I don't know what they thought they were going to accomplish by laying a second layer of sod ON TOP OF the existing field, other than creating a full-on swamp.

x7DTNEa2E7w

Brings back good memories of Rossum! :laughing:

steelax04
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM

The highlight of the game was the guy painting new lines at halftime... everyone cheered for him like he just scored the game winning touchdown. :chuckle:

I was really wishing for more of a blowout to rub it in my buddy's face, who is a Dolphins fan.

BlastFurnace
09-15-2009, 11:24 AM

LOL...Ben can't throw the deep ball

Preacher
09-15-2009, 04:47 PM

x7DTNEa2E7w

Yeah... the league came in and made them do that! :doh: Great call by the NFL!

Wow and here I thought Ben couldn't throw the deep ball :chuckle:

LOL...Ben can't throw the deep ball

It is his weakest element. He usaually hangs it up a bit. It comes either behind or short of the receiver. For some reason, it just seems he has problems judging the REAL deep routes. Every player has a weakpoint. Even Troy P. The deep ball seems to be Bens. I think it is more a matter of adjusting his mindset on the deep ball rather than physical ability.

steeldawg
09-15-2009, 04:58 PM
A few positives : 1.receiving core looked good.
2. special teams looked great.
3. Ben running the no-huddle and calling his own plays
4. A win.

A few negatives: 1. Running game was awful
2. Bruce Arians calling the plays.
3. "O" line not terrible but could use some work..

NJarhead
09-15-2009, 05:10 PM

....and landed in the arms of a defender. He sucks and we really need to start looking for his replacement. :banging:

:rofl:

Sorry, Preach. I'm in an obnoxious mood and couldn't help myself. :wink02:

Preacher
09-15-2009, 05:15 PM
....and landed in the arms of a defender. He sucks and we really need to start looking for his replacement. :banging:
:rofl:

Sorry, Preach. I'm in an obnoxious mood and couldn't help myself. :wink02:
There's one in every crowd :wtf:

:wink02:

TackleMeBen
09-15-2009, 05:21 PM
i am positive that we have the best defense in the league even without troy.