PDA

View Full Version : Week One Mock Draft

Aussie_steeler
09-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Couldnt help myself. I have started to play with the Drafttek simulator again.

This is the first mock that I simulated for the upcoming draft and I was pleasantly surprised with what it spat out for me.

Round 1: Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
Round 2: Morgan Burnett SS / FS Georgia Tech
Round 3: Greg Jones ILB Michigan State
Round 4: Justin Woodall FS / SS Alabama
Round 5: Phil Talyor DE Baylor
Round 6: Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
Round 7: Richard Dickson FB LSU

I will take the luxury of now adding in a Round 3 & 4 comp pick to offset the loss of Foote, Washington and McFadden via free agency by taking a player in the next 10 players after our pick in that round, with

Round 3b: Matt Reynolds OT BYU
Round 4b: Antonio Coleman OLB Auburn

The funny thing about this simulation is that I have really been watching Morgan Burnett ( who I think will be first round talent) He is a player that would be dynamic in tandem with Troy P. He is being mentioned as another Ed Reed type player (in the same mould as Eric Berry who is ranked much higher)

Really interested to see what you think of this sim. ( I know some guys here love and others hate Drafttek)

Texasteel
09-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Aussie, if you get a chance take a look at the Iowa team. Not only would I love to get Bulaga, but would not mind Calloway on the other end of the line.

Texasteel
09-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone want to guess what we might get for comp. picks?

MDSteel15
09-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Ummm Screwed! :noidea:

Texasteel
09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Ummm Screwed! :noidea:

Thats the answer I was looking for.

SteelMember
09-18-2009, 11:57 AM
The funny thing about this simulation is that I have really been watching Morgan Burnett ( who I think will be first round talent) He is a player that would be dynamic in tandem with Troy P. He is being mentioned as another Ed Reed type player (in the same mould as Eric Berry who is ranked much higher)

Tough game for Burnett, and the GT defense as a whole last night (against Miami), but I have also heard good things (locally) about his talent. I will keep watching.