PDA

View Full Version : Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Having become a full disciple of an "Ultimate Football Site" that will remain anonymous...I have checked and rechecked the stats from our last game and have came to a conclusion that might be highly unpopular.

These are the last games running stats when broken down individually.

Parker: 1.5 yards per carry
Mendenhall: 1.5 yards per carry
Moore: 1.6 yards per carry
Rothlisberger: 3.0 yards per carry

Based on these stats for the first game only and ignoring all other stats other than those that I choose to include and which may disprove my idiotic rant...It is apparant that:

1) Ben is the most effective running back on our roster.
2) Ben should be moved into the backfield immediately.
3) The other 3 RB's are hereby and forever labeled as "busts"
4) We REALLY need a sarcasm smiley.

***disclaimer***
Any and all content within this post is to be taken within the sarcastic tone in which it was originated. Any and all who find this post filled with any factual information what so ever should consult a physician/psychologist immediately.

HometownGal
09-14-2009, 08:30 AM
LMAO!!! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

You shit-stirrer! :stirthepot: :wink02:

PeckerWood
09-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Having become a full disciple of an "Ultimate Football Site" that will remain anonymous...I have checked and rechecked the stats from our last game and have came to a conclusion that might be highly unpopular.

Based on these stats for the first game only and ignoring all other stats other than those that I choose to include and which may disprove my idiotic rant...It is apparant that:

***disclaimer***
Any and all content within this post is to be taken within the sarcastic tone in which it was originated. Any and all who find this post filled with any factual information what so ever should consult a physician/psychologist immediately.

"Sarcasm smiley" Run the single wing offense where the fullback took the shotgung snap from center.:chuckle:

Texasteel
09-14-2009, 08:40 AM
It is difficult to argue with statology. Of course we will have to change our starting line up next week if Logan runs a reverse for 5 yards.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 08:49 AM
LMAO!!! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

You shit-stirrer! :stirthepot: :wink02:

Who?....me?

:angel:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 08:55 AM
It is difficult to argue with statology. Of course we will have to change our starting line up next week if Logan runs a reverse for 5 yards.

Hmmmmmmm.:tap:

...and since Hines IS the best blocking WR in football, I'm wondering how he would look at Left Tackle?

Texasteel
09-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Hmmmmmmm.:tap:

...and since Hines IS the best blocking WR in football, I'm wondering how he would look at Left Tackle?

By George your on to something. We may have the best team of all time. We are just playing everyone out of position.:doh:

KeiselPower99
09-14-2009, 09:15 AM
I know a way to fix the running game. The Stick I formation.

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
The ONLY football stat that counts is
W or L.

Indo
09-14-2009, 09:24 AM
What if we move Harrison to fullback?

Texasteel
09-14-2009, 09:27 AM

That was one hell of a run during the SB. But I don't think you could pay him to do it again.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 09:30 AM
By George your on to something. We may have the best team of all time. We are just playing everyone out of position.:doh:

I even have a free agent Guard that might help us out. I think we should sign Chassity Brown. She is a 5'7 guard who graduated last year and hasnt been signed to any NFL team.

Yes she is a female...yes she is only 5'7...and yes, she was a guard on a college Vollyball team...but dang it!!!....she was two year starter on TULANE'S vollyball team!!!

:thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 09:31 AM

I like it!!!!!!

Indo
09-14-2009, 09:34 AM
That was one hell of a run during the SB. But I don't think you could pay him to do it again.

He won't need to run long distances--just 4-5 yards at a time, and clear sons-o'-biitches out of the way

Indo
09-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I even have a free agent Guard that might help us out. I think we should sign Chassity Brown. She is a 5'7 guard who graduated last year and hasnt been signed to any NFL team.

Yes she is a female...yes she is only 5'7...and yes, she was a guard on a college Vollyball team...but dang it!!!....she was two year starter on TULANE'S vollyball team!!!

:thumbsup:

Speaking of Tulane, Chicago's boy Forte graduated from there...(as did I for med school)--I wonder if UFN is slurping on him on their forum?

mmalone
09-14-2009, 09:41 AM

in preseason, ben had these draw plays and the announcer called them Sprint Draws, they worked well..

why did we not try one thursday??

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Speaking of Tulane, Chicago's boy Forte graduated from there...(as did I for med school)--I wonder if UFN is slurping on him on their forum?

:chuckle::chuckle:
You know he is!!!

The_WARDen
09-14-2009, 09:51 AM

Screw that, he's averaging 102 yds per touch! Make him the RB!

CPanther95
09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Screw that, he's averaging 102 yds per touch! Make him the RB!

Sure, on first downs.

But he sucks on 3rd downs and we need a 3rd down back - and how often do you have a first down on your own goal line where you need a back that can run 100 yards a carry?

Stats are not only misleading, they often outright lie. Cowboys fans thrilled with Romo's 140+ QB Rating this week are in for a rude awakening when they play a decent team. He absolutely sucked - bit it was statistically a career-best performance for him.

X-Terminator
09-14-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm actually surprised that U.F. Nuckle hasn't shown up yet. I thought for sure he'd be back to wax philsophically (read: bore us all to death) with Moore rants about how much Parker sucks and that Mike Tomlin should do what he said and keep Mendenhall on the sidelines.

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Chad Ochocinco is 1-for-1 on field goals, and he might have to take a smaller contract with the problems he's had lately. We should pick him up on the cheap and dump Reed, that greedy S.O.B.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm actually surprised that U.F. Nuckle hasn't shown up yet. I thought for sure he'd be back to wax philsophically (read: bore us all to death) with Moore rants about how much Parker sucks and that Mike Tomlin should do what he said and keep Mendenhall on the sidelines.

Well...you know, Parker averaged 1.5 yards a carry and Moore averaged 1.6 yards a carry!!!

Proof positive that Moore is a MUCH better back....OH, sorry....a more "effective" back.

43Hitman
09-14-2009, 12:18 PM

***disclaimer***

Facts are stubborn things.:chuckle:

X-Terminator
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Well...you know, Parker averaged 1.5 yards a carry and Moore averaged 1.6 yards a carry!!!

Proof positive that Moore is a MUCH better back....OH, sorry....a more "effective" back.

Oh that's right! What was I thinking? :doh:

:chuckle:

Indo
09-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Give it some time
He's basking in his "I told them I was right" glory
He'll be back to tell us all that

tony hipchest
09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I like it!!!!!!

heres an idea from wexell- Kemo to NT not a bad idea in my book, but doubtful. :scratchchin:

oh, and for all the fantasy geeks, we cant move ben. hes leading the entire league in passing ypg and comp % (right ahead of drew brees).

:danceshout:

solardave
09-14-2009, 01:19 PM

We know he can't be our long snapper.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 01:20 PM
heres an idea from wexell- Kemo to NT not a bad idea in my book, but doubtful. :scratchchin:

oh, and for all the fantasy geeks, we cant move ben. hes leading the entire league in passing ypg and comp % (right ahead of drew brees).

:danceshout:

Throws a wrench into the plans...but thats okay....we have decided that Harrison is the most "effective" back we have with a 102 yard per carry average.:chuckle:

Indo
09-14-2009, 01:25 PM

We can move Ben to long-snapping on FG attempts and Punts
Long-snapping is nothing more than passing the ball between the legs, and he's pretty good at that

Plus---it could become the beginning of what becomes known as the "Aardvark Formation" (similar to the "Wildcat") whereby the QB lines up as the Long-snapper and hikes it to himself, thereby giving him ample opportunity to make a play by taking the middleman (the center) out of the equation!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 01:30 PM

Anyone else notice that Farrior is listed as our backup long snapper?
:jawdrop:

ricksteelers55
09-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Ben at QB is a waste of spot he doesnt get rid of the ball so we should consider moving him to RB

then we could move Hampton at RB too but he would be our short yardage.

I heard that Donovan Woods played QB at college,we might want to promote him to the active roster as a QB.

We would have to release someone for that to happen,I could see Mendenhall being release because he is a major bust(he has been injured in his rookie season and got stuffed against one of the best run D in the league)

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Ben at QB is a waste of spot he doesnt get rid of the ball so we should consider moving him to RB

then we could move Hampton at RB too but he would be our short yardage.

I heard that Donovan Woods played QB at college,we might want to promote him to the active roster as a QB.

We would have to release someone for that to happen,I could see Mendenhall being release because he is a major bust(he has been injured in his rookie season and got stuffed against one of the best run D in the league)

We REALLY need a sarcasm smiley!!!

SteelC7
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
i admit i thought it would be funny and smart to put hines at tackle, starks and colon are the worst weve had in years, and maybe santonio at halfback, he can dodge tackles like crazy, what we need to do is get logan involved in the offense, end arounds, screen passes, and outside runs, like our very own darren sproles

scsteeler
09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
The ONLY football stat that counts is
W or L.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Preacher
09-14-2009, 04:08 PM

***disclaimer***

LLT...

Sorry.... ALready posted... with a more in depth analysis... See, you have to take away the big runs... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38776&page=2

(but yes, we NEED a sarcasm smiley!)

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
. [/I][/B]

Good Idea. I think that website only had Ben ranked as the #23 QB in the NFL anyways......maybe its time to give him a shot at a position where he is successful. :noidea:

CPanther95
09-15-2009, 07:55 AM
See, this is why we're so good on broken plays. It gives all the players an opportunity to perform the functions of the other positions that they are better at.

But we can't just change their positions. If we go ahead and move Hines Ward to left tackle, we lose the element of surprise.

sharkweek
09-15-2009, 08:34 AM
that's not an entirely useless stat as it does suggest that the defense is prepared to stop the run, but not as prepared to stop it if it looks like its supposed to be a pass.

That being said, we could probably throw Dixon in there and have him QB for a series or two where we intentionally run some QB draws/option plays.

Indo
09-15-2009, 08:43 AM
See, this is why we're so good on broken plays. It gives all the players an opportunity to perform the functions of the other positions that they are better at.

But we can't just change their positions. If we go ahead and move Hines Ward to left tackle, we lose the element of surprise.

:laughing:

Preacher
09-15-2009, 04:06 PM

:buttkick:

FSUBoo
09-15-2009, 09:59 PM
We need to go get the Redskins guy who holds for field goals and extra points and sign him as our star running back. While we're at it, why don't we throw in Mendenhall to make room for Redman to come be the saviour of our running game if the holder fails?

BlastFurnace
09-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I have an idea. 3rd and 1....any situation....Have Harrison throw Logan over the Defensive Line.

Would that be legal?

FSUBoo
09-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Lol Blast, we could always have him piggy back on Big Ben