PDA

View Full Version : Brian Urlacher likely out for the season

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Brian Urlacher likely out for the season with wrist injury

By Vaughn McClure

Brian Urlacher appears to be out for the season after dislocating his right wrist, the linebacker said Monday. The team has not given the official word, but Lovie Smith is expected to address the issue during his afternoon press conference.

Urlacher injured his wrist in the first quarter of Sunday's 21-15 loss to the Packers. He was ruled out after halftime.

When asked about his status Monday, Urlacher said in a text message that his ``season is over.''

He was scheduled to undergo surgery Monday morning upon the team's arrival back in Chicago from Green Bay. A dislocated bone had to be surgerically put back in.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2009/09/brian-urlacher-out-for-the-season-with-wrist-injury.html

-----------------------------------

Bummer dude

tony hipchest
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
thats sucks. greatest lobo ever, and my favorite non-steeler.

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Bears | Urlacher to miss 2009 season

Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:05:16 -0700

Updating an ongoing story, ESPNews reports Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher (wrist) has confirmed that he will miss the rest of the 2009 season.

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
What a loss, and as well they are without Pisa too who is another Linebacker for a few weeks. Ouch.

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 11:32 AM
He's a tough dude - I'd expected to see him come back wearing one of them humongous club casts on his arm - but I guess it's not to be.

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 12:09 PM
ouch -- the right wrist, too. that's going to make it hard to j.o.

nojobny
09-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Monday, September 14, 2009
Injured Urlacher says season over
ESPN.com news services

Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher will not play again this season, a source confirmed Monday to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The six-time Pro Bowler had told the Chicago Tribune in a brief text message early Monday that his season was over.

Urlacher left Sunday's 21-15 loss to the Green Bay Packers with a wrist injury in the third quarter.

Bears coach Lovie Smith said Urlacher dislocated his wrist, and no timetable had been set for his return.

Citing unnamed sources, the Tribune reported on Sunday night that Urlacher will have surgery when the team returns to Chicago. The newspaper reported that Urlacher had an X-ray at halftime, but an MRI was not needed.

"It's always tough to have your leader go down," linebacker Lance Briggs said, according to the newspaper. "He knows the defense better than anybody and he communicates everything to everyone else."

It wasn't clear which play Urlacher was injured on, but he left on Green Bay's first drive of the second half on Sunday night.

Team officials had no other details about the injury.

Urlacher made several plays in the first half, including when he lowered his right shoulder into the quarterback Aaron Rodgers after he had released the ball on a third down to send him sprawling.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
That sucks for the Bears. Big blow to that defense.

Good for us though.

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Bears | Talking with D. Brooks

Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:11:09 -0700

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Chicago Bears are talking with free-agent LB Derrick Brooks (Buccaneers).

Venom
09-14-2009, 01:17 PM
That sucks . Tee Hee

Galax Steeler
09-14-2009, 03:52 PM
I like Urlacher he is one hell of a player. That will help us out against the Bears considerably.

devilsdancefloor
09-14-2009, 04:04 PM
ouch -- the right wrist, too. that's going to make it hard to j.o.

maybe he is left handed

AllD
09-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I see Derrick Brooks in a Bears uniform before Friday.

TackleMeBen
09-15-2009, 08:28 AM
After Sunday, the whole Steelers defense may join Ben when they all get charged for raping Jay Cutler.:chuckle:

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I'll wait to post that I'm really sorry to hear this AFTER Sunday's game against da Bears. :chuckle:

(Urlacher is a stand-up guy and player - his lack of presence on the field will definitely hurt that team).

memphissteelergirl
09-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Man, that sux for the Bears' D...Urlacher is undoubtedly the leader for them.

I hope his recovery goes well.

revefsreleets
09-15-2009, 03:23 PM
NEVER want to see that! First off, it sucks ass for Urlacher...he's down to his last two-three seasons and this is a bad way to spend one of them. Most importantly, I HATE seeing the opposing team at less than 100% strength when we play them...it's good for us to face the other teams A game, and it eliminates excuses from opposing/hating fans...

hindes204
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I always liked urlacher, hope his recovery goes well.

WindyCitySteelerFan
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Its sad actually, the Chicago Sun Times today have pretty much written him off, as "The end of an Era" they predict he will not return next year.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Its sad actually, the Chicago Sun Times today have pretty much written him off, as "The end of an Era" they predict he will not return next year.

It wouldn't be surprising if he retired. He had declined the last few years, combined with back injuries, and now this. It's getting to the point where if he wants to lead a normal life after football (i.e. walking without a cane, not living in daily physical pain) it might be best for him to do so.

Fire Haley
09-15-2009, 10:15 PM
After Sunday, the whole Steelers defense may join Ben when they all get charged for raping Jay Cutler.:chuckle:

My slavegirls love the rope.

The Duke
09-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Urlacher is the only Bear I like. tough loss

though, it's funny how it was mentioned throughout all offseason, and during the packers game, that he was FINALLY healthy this season

Christian Snyder
09-16-2009, 01:05 PM
That sucks.... One of the best LB ever IMO.