PDA

View Full Version : NFL's 10 most clutch

Mags87
09-14-2009, 11:21 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/editorschoice/pgStory?contentId=9725672#sport=NFL&photo=9725858

dont agree with Ben's placement at number 4 but there are 3 Steelers on the list. lets hope next year Holmes will get his dues, especially if he continues on the pace that the playoffs showed.

Indo
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
More Marsha Brady knob-slobbing by the media. I knew he would be #1 before I even clicked on the link. The amazing thing is, by there own admission, Viniteri won the SBs. Why isn't he #1?

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Brady came through in the clutch by throwing dump off passes and letting Vinateri kick long game winning field goals

Big Ben has proven to be way more clutch than Brady

fansince'76
09-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Manning more clutch than Ben? Riiiiight. And I knew the Mighty Metrosexual would be #1 before I even opened the link - the only reason these lists are compiled in the first place are to slob his knob.

fat4jc
09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Until Peyton won a SB, his knack against him was he couldn't win the big game. That's crazy. Ben should be #2, at worst.

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, uh ... driving 30 yards with 5-yard profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter passes, for an anticlimactic ending on a crappy field goal, doesn't really qualify as "clutch."

I don't know what Manning's done to count as "clutch" wither, except beat up on people in the regular season and choke about eight times more often than he succeeds in the playoffs.

jjpro11
09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
why the hell is Marion Barber even on that list? he has never won a playoff game while on the team. and without that Super Bowl win from Manning, he would still be considered one of the biggest chokers in NFL history.

solardave
09-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Click down to #1. Then click one more time to see the real #1!

HughC
09-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Peyton Manning's career playoff record: 6-7
Ben's career playoff record: 8-2

Not even close.

Christian Snyder
09-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Ben should be #1 and Marion Barber shouldn't be on the list!

stillers4me
09-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Reed, Hines, and Ben. I'll take it.

Mags87
09-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Reed, Hines, and Ben. I'll take it.

more respect by the media than our boys normally do. IMO, after Ben has a few more years (and one or two more rings) no one will be able to deny his comeback ability. i dont like saying it, but Brady and Manning have more comebacks than Ben, albeit postseason or not. but again, how long have they been in the league? and Ben has been here 5 years goin on 6. in due time boys, in due time

sharkweek
09-15-2009, 04:56 AM
More Marsha Brady knob-slobbing by the media. I knew he would be #1 before I even clicked on the link. The amazing thing is, by there own admission, Viniteri won the SBs. Why isn't he #1?

he also has one more SB win than Brady :chuckle:

Tone's Toes
09-15-2009, 05:34 AM
If I'm losing/tied and need a GW drive? It's Brady or Big Ben in no particular order. The rest aren't even close, imo.

Don't get mad about the Brady praise. He's earned it. Although I do understand the kicker was important too. How clutch would Jim Kelly look today if Scott Norwood would've made that field goal in Super Bowl XXV? Certainly Jeff Reed & Adam Vinatieri belong on a list like this, but it's hard to know where to put a kicker.

Peyton Manning? He's #3 on the list? Why does he get praise as a clutch player? Perfect example of a guy making his list look stupid. The criteria was clutch, not best player. He clearly just couldn't pass up putting one of the best players in the league on his list even though that player has come up short in the postseason time & time again. Peyton had a good drive against New England in the AFC Championship game a few years back, but that's about it. Most of the time he chokes like a dog. I'd take Ben over him late in the game anytime and it's not even close.

sharkweek
09-15-2009, 08:02 AM
IIRC, Peyton Manning does have more more 4th Q comebacks than Brady or Ben. He also has one of the most impressive ones. The season after Tampa won the Superbowl, they played each other and Tampa was winning by 21 with ~4 minutes to go in the entire game, and the Colts came back and won that game...

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 08:25 AM
That list is a bit disheveled and out of date imho. Though when Ass Chin is on, he's tough to beat (as evidenced last night late in the 4th against the Bills), I wouldn't necessarily classify him as a "clutch QB" overall. Peytoon? Clutch? :rofl: Ben most definitely should be higher up on that list - possibly #1. Vinatieri was definitely clutch when he played for the Cheats* but since he's been in Indy where they score a ton of TD's, his "clutch" services aren't needed half as much. I was happy to see Skippy and Hines on that list, though! :tt02: