PDA

View Full Version : -Polamalu: Injury is "best-case" scenario-

bradness113
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Polamalu: injury is 'best-case' scenario

Monday, September 14, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Troy Polamalu, speaking for the first time publicly since his left knee was injured in the Steelers season-opener last Thursday, said he feels fortunate it was not more serious.

Polamalu confirmed that it will take between three and six weeks to recover from the sprained MCL in his left knee. He said no surgery is required.

"Regarding an injury to the knee, this is the best-case scenario," Polamalu said in the Steelers locker room this afternoon.

He wore a brace on the injured knee and said the only rehabilitation he will do for now is "just rest."

Polamalu's knee was injured as he tried to recover the ball after Aaron Smith blocked a Tennessee field goal attempt in the second quarter. Titans' tight end Alge Crumpler fell on Polamalu's knee

- I hope to see him in 3-4. get well soon Troy. :helmet:

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
damn shame

Troy was the best player on the field by far before he got hurt in that Titans game

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I swear to god, when he gets a burst of adrenaline, he has the ability to slow down time all around him. It's very good to hear this isn't serious.

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 02:24 PM
I just slaughtered a virgin goat to the karma gods in his honor.

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Well thank god its not that bad so were talking 3-4 weeks max now which is great news! I still want him 100% before he comes on the field again because we will need him for the long run.

OX1947
09-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Thank God its a sprain. Hopefully he will be back in a month. I have sprained my MCL before and I was back to normal in a 2 weeks. Then again, I do not know to what degree he stretched it but Im hoping minor.

OneForTheToe
09-14-2009, 02:32 PM

Don't lie .... that goat was no virgin.

SCSTILLER
09-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Roger Goodell will probably fine him if he comes back early

Get well soon Troy, we need you!

memphissteelergirl
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM

Uh....yeah...Ooooh-kay! :uhh::whistle:

Galax Steeler
09-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Shame on you Killer:chuckle:

SteelTalons
09-14-2009, 02:37 PM

http://partmule.com/blog16/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/tom-brady-goat.jpg

kirklandrules
09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Why isn't Troy claiming he is the victim of a cheap shot? Oh, wait, because he's a winner like his Steeler teammates and they don't stoop to such pansy ass whining. Glad to hear he's coming back soon ... i love the intensity he brings :mad:

Tankus_Maximus
09-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Sonuvab!tch....The Madden Curse strikes again!!

revefsreleets
09-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm telling ya, he'll see some action in the Detroit game...

OX1947
09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Why isn't Troy claiming he is the victim of a cheap shot? Oh, wait, because he's a winner like his Steeler teammates and they don't stoop to such pansy ass whining. Glad to hear he's coming back soon ... i love the intensity he brings :mad:

Hey, you better watch your mouth, Goodell may read this and figure that Troy was speaking through you telepathically without you knowing and fine him. Come on, dont hurt your football team.

VinnySteel
09-14-2009, 03:31 PM
"I think to call any injury a *best* case scenario is unsportsmanlike and hence, I'm fining Troy Polamalu $5000" -RG

HometownGal
09-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Troy is so humble and such a warrior - I really can see him back on that field in 3-4 weeks. :hope: Whatever it takes to heal that knee 100%, Troy - just get 'r done!

mmalone
09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Well thank god its not that bad so were talking 3-4 weeks max now which is great news! I still want him 100% before he comes on the field again because we will need him for the long run.

Polamalu confirmed that it will take between three and six weeks to recover..

did they change it to 4 weeks??

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Polamalu confirmed that it will take between three and six weeks to recover..

did they change it to 4 weeks??

Not officially, but im saying if he said its the best case scenario that it may not take all six weeks. Just a hopeful thought.

Franco32Harris
09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I can't wait until Troy is back!

Preacher
09-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Personally, I want him to wait at LEAST 6 weeks. Fact is, we will win enough games without him to make it into the playoffs... even get that first round bye. I'd rather him wait, and be fully healthy.

headymessman86
09-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Sweet Mary Moses, I'll take it.
McNabb's coughing up a rib. Urlacher's not hitchhiking anytime soon.
We've been down this road before with Troy and we're 6-2. Don't want to make a habit of this but I'm sure we can adjust better than the Eagles and Bears. We'll see on Sunday.
Not hearing the words "surgery needed" will make me sleep better tonight.

TheWarDen86
09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Personally, I want him to wait at LEAST 6 weeks. Fact is, we will win enough games without him to make it into the playoffs... even get that first round bye. I'd rather him wait, and be fully healthy.

Agreed, but with that said, I hope he's 100% in four or less.

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
100% or I don't want him on the field. We can't lose him late in the season when it counts the most!

Fire Haley
09-14-2009, 05:07 PM
As long as the surgeon and his greasy knife are out of the picture I'm a happy camper.

LVSteelersfan
09-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Don't let him anywhere near Cleveland. We don't need no stinkin staph infections. I think they get staph infections there without any kind of surgery.

markymarc
09-14-2009, 06:11 PM
To me this is very good news. IMO it would be wise to keep him out the full 6 weeks. I don't want to see this injury linger by Troy coming back too soon.

mesaSteeler
09-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Do yuins remember Hines injury in the AFCC against the Ratbirds?

Hines was using a a hyperbolic oxygen chamber and a platelet rich plasma treatments to get ready for the super bowl.

That Troy is not using these is a good sign since I'm sure the team physician of the Steelers would recommend them if it was thought the treatments were necessary. I think Troy will be back sooner than six weeks.

sharkweek
09-14-2009, 09:52 PM

You got the wrong sacrifice.

Don't worry, I just slaughtered 3 ravens to the karma gods. 1 for me, 1 for you, and 1 for your mistake.

Borski
09-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Troy isnt using that cause its not the Super Bowl, if Hines had that injury on the first game of the season last year he would of let it heal naturally rather then try the chamber and everything to rush the healling process

tony hipchest
09-14-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8129d9a1&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

4. Life without Polamalu

Pittsburgh's Troy Polamalu is regarded as one of the elite safeties in the NFL. In the Dick LeBeau scheme, Polamalu is the perfect piece to the puzzle. He can line up on the line of scrimmage and convince a quarterback he's blitzing, then on the snap of the ball get to the deep middle and pick off a pass without the receiver or QB seeing him show up. Polamalu suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament in Pittsburgh's Kickoff win over Tennessee, which begs the question: How will it affect the Steelers? In 2006, Polamalu suffered the same injury, causing him to miss three games. More injuries in 2007 forced him out of five more. In the eight games with their Pro Bowl safety, the Steelers were 6-2. It will be tough, but history says they can continue to win. That's the Steeler way.