steelreserve
09-14-2009, 04:55 PM
What am I, a doctor?

fansince'76
09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Knee injury.

Shellshock
09-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, anytime you hit a knee from the side or the front, you are..........

Vincent
09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
What am I, a doctor?

Was that not among the dirtiest shots of all time? Crumpler took a bead and launched on Troy. He should be thrown out of the league for that. Fox and Farrior tried to save him but Crumpler just came down on him.

Troy's always praying out there. That's why he can even walk right now. That shot could have ended his career.

And they're fining Troy???????!!!!!!!!:mad:

Indo
09-14-2009, 05:01 PM
So...what are we calling?

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 05:04 PM
stupid thread.

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Was that not among the dirtiest shots of all time? Crumpler took a bead and launched on Troy. He should be thrown out of the league for that. Fox and Farrior tried to save him but Crumpler just came down on him.

Troy's always praying out there. That's why he can even walk right now. That shot could have ended his career.

Ahh, I thought you were asking how serious the injury was.

Honestly, it looks pretty bad slowed down like that, but it's also pretty likely that everyone (including Fox and Farrior) was just scrambling for the ball and Crumpler is just a big fat-ass oaf who can hurt people pretty badly by launching himself around like that.

Fumbles and blocked kicks and any other time when there's just a flat-out loose ball can be dangerous because you have all kinds of guys diving around who normally wouldn't and/or shouldn't be doing it.

NJarhead
09-14-2009, 05:15 PM

At the speed with which all those players were trying to get that ball it would have been impossible that Crumpler could do that intentionally (and equally unlikely that he'd even try). C'mon now, we're not Ravens fans or Bo Scaife here.

tony hipchest
09-14-2009, 05:46 PM
ouch? :huh:

fair shot.

NEPAsteeler
09-14-2009, 05:53 PM

How was that a dirty shot? Crumpler was just going for the ball and Troy just happened to be in the wrong place at that wrong time.

Vincent
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
How was that a dirty shot? Crumpler was just going for the ball and Troy just happened to be in the wrong place at that wrong time.

That's not what his eyes said. :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
09-14-2009, 06:02 PM
"Troy has a Knee"

Sincerely,

Bill Cowher

klick81
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Let's not be like the rest of these cry babies. It was an unfortunate event. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hines0wnz
09-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Crumpler crumpled his knee. :coffee:

theplatypus
09-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I want some of what the OP has been smoking.

BlackAndGold4Ever
09-14-2009, 08:44 PM
I just hope he comes back 100% when hes ready. Looks real bad when its frame by frame like that

Kaeg
09-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Here's another spin on it: I think that if Troy fell on the ball, (instead of what looked like he was going for the pick up and run.) he wouldn't have gotten hurt. (Just a hunch. Kinda looked that way to me, and I'm NOT FAULTING him for doing it. He's balls out all the time I love that about him.)

RoethlisBURGHer
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
How about shit happens, it's football and people get hurt?

I hate that Troy got hurt, but he isn't whining about it and neither should we. There was nothing dirty about it, just an unfortunate injury.

HometownGal
09-14-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't see it as a cheap shot by Crumpler. It was an unfortunate accident, but nothing more, imho.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-14-2009, 11:29 PM
That was in full speed and not intended... Why would he do that on purpose....I dont think there are too many players in the nfl that would do that

Mags87
09-15-2009, 01:19 AM
That was in full speed and not intended... Why would he do that on purpose....I dont think there are too many players in the nfl that would do that

*cough*Haynesworth stomp*cough*

devilsdancefloor
09-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Here's another spin on it: I think that if Troy fell on the ball, (instead of what looked like he was going for the pick up and run.) he wouldn't have gotten hurt. (Just a hunch. Kinda looked that way to me, and I'm NOT FAULTING him for doing it. He's balls out all the time I love that about him.)

Well he is a lucky man they where not stepped on too, that would have added at least 3 or 4 weeks

7SteelGal43
09-15-2009, 02:06 AM
The fact that Troy was walking up the stairs under his own power after that probably means it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked, though it looked pretty damned bad. And I know we could use Troy back real soon, like, you know, next week :chuckle: but I hope they give him time to heal properly, not bring him back so soon that he could do career shortening injury to himself, cause ya know Troy ain't gonna take it easy once he's back in the lineup. :helmet:

steelwalls
09-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Either way no replacing Troy but looking at the schedual and the bye, Im hopeing we can get away with him not out on the feild until then without too much of a loss before the stretch.

sharkweek
09-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Our biggest games before the bye are the Chargers and Vikings. We might get Troy back by the Vikes and the Chargers looked terrible against the Raiders.

I'm not worried about any of the games until then and believe we'll be favored in each of them.

Galax Steeler
09-15-2009, 04:39 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with the hit everyone was just going for the ball. We will survive until Troy gets back. We could look at it this way at least we will have a fresh Troy when he comes back he should have plenty of energy not playing the extra 3 or 4 games this year.:chuckle:

Steeldude
09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Was that not among the dirtiest shots of all time?

lmao...if that's dirty then you are saying harrison's tackle was extremely dirty/cheap/intentional.

it was a random injury. there was nothing dirty about it.

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 09:52 AM
it was a random injury. there was nothing dirty about it.

Exactly. End of discussion. :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I see it as Crumpler attempting to stop troy from moving forward with the football. Not a cheap shot, imo, just a misfortunate event.

memphissteelergirl
09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Let's not be like the rest of these cry babies. It was an unfortunate event. Nothing more, nothing less.

Absolutely. And my guess, that's the way Troy views it as well. Let's not make it more than it was.

But fwiw...I think the fine against Troy is ridiculous.

Vis
09-15-2009, 12:59 PM

They aren't fining Troy for that play. Crumpler isn't capable of the type of coordination it would have taken to injure Troy like that intentionally. All players who get hurt worse must be Godless? You are 0 for 3.