PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Sign QB Garcia

DoubleSh0t
09-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Per ESPN Alerts, the Philadelphia Eagles have reached an agreement with QB Jeff Garcia.

No official source yet.

I guess this proves they have no faith in the backup QB Kolb. If McNabb is unable to play, they would be down to 1 QB active with Vick's suspension. But you have to wonder, what are the long term plans for McNabb and for Kolb?

steelpride12
09-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Without Mcnabb. There goes another Eagles season with injuries.

OneForTheToe
09-14-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd say McNabb is more important to the Eales than any other starting QB in the League. Without him they have no chance.

The other teams that would fall to pieces instantly without their starting QB:

Colts, Pats (this year) Arizona and Seattle. I'd say we are in the next tier, because we know how important Ben is to our team, and while we are not a Super Bowl contender without him, we do have a competent backup and and a great D, which would keep us competitive for a few weeks at least.

4xSBChamps
09-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Without Mcnabb. There goes another Eagles season with injuries.

..... because Philthadelphia has done so-well with McNabb.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/DonovanMcNabbEaglesTrophyCase.jpg

:toofunny:

I got to see Garcia play last year for a old, worn-out Tampa Bay team that went into the tank after Chuckie alienated many players, and flirted openly with Favre in training-camp:
Garcia is a gamer, playing most of the 4th quarter of a late-season game with a gash across his nose & face while refusing treatment, and I think he still has something left in the tank

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't know what it says, other than they want to make a title run THIS year and Kolb isn't ready to do that.

They're going to have to find a replacement for McNabb in the next 2-3 years anyway, because realistically, how much longer can you expect him to last. If they keep Vick around, that extends their timeframe to maybe 6-7 years before all they have is geriatric QBs.

steelreserve
09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
I'd say McNabb is more important to the Eales than any other starting QB in the League. Without him they have no chance.

The other teams that would fall to pieces instantly without their starting QB:

Colts, Pats (this year) Arizona and Seattle. I'd say we are in the next tier, because we know how important Ben is to our team, and while we are not a Super Bowl contender without him, we do have a competent backup and and a great D, which would keep us competitive for a few weeks at least.

What about when McNabb got hurt a couple years ago, and Garcia led them to the playoffs? And against some pretty stiff odds, too. The Eagles are good enough to do fine with anyone reasonably competent under center. And they have more veteran QBs than you can shake a stick at now.

In addition to the teams you mentioned, I'd put Miami right at the top of the list. And also New Orleans -- without Brees, it's straight to 4-12 for them.

On the flip side, I'd have to say the 49ers are the team that's most completely immune to losing their QB. They have no QB to begin with, so who even cares?

STEELtownHAVOX
09-14-2009, 05:30 PM
i personally thought the panthers should have signed him, but the eagles stepped up first!

DoubleSh0t
09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
i personally thought the panthers should have signed him, but the eagles stepped up first!

Oddly enough, the Panthers got the Eagles former backup QB, AJ Feeley after McCown was placed on IR.

AllD
09-14-2009, 05:35 PM
The Eagles need to draft a QB next. Fortunately they played a rapidly declining Panther team. They will soon be exposed as a team that missed thier chance last season.

beSteelmyheart
09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
..... because Philthadelphia has done so-well with McNabb.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/DonovanMcNabbEaglesTrophyCase.jpg

:toofunny:

I got to see Garcia play last year for a old, worn-out Tampa Bay team that went into the tank after Chuckie alienated many players, and flirted openly with Favre in training-camp:
Garcia is a gamer, playing most of the 4th quarter of a late-season game with a gash across his nose & face while refusing treatment, and I think he still has something left in the tank
I agree-I like Garcia's "heart". He took the Eagles to the playoffs the last time he covered for an injured McNabb, didn't he? And what did those jackasses do but cheer when Garcia himself looked like he was hurt during one of the games that season because the fans wanted the other lame-O back up to come in sooo desperately-I can't believe he's going back there! But Mcnabb will keep on being a China doll & Garcia will be unappreciated for his efforts. Screw Philly.
Then Tampa Bay screwed him out of his bonus by sitting him out towards the end of their season & then people complained because he lost in the playoff game!! Screw Tampa Bay, too.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-14-2009, 06:44 PM
I agree-I like Garcia's "heart". He took the Eagles to the playoffs the last time he covered for an injured McNabb, didn't he? And what did those jackasses do but cheer when Garcia himself looked like he was hurt during one of the games that season because the fans wanted the other lame-O back up to come in sooo desperately-I can't believe he's going back there! But Mcnabb will keep on being a China doll & Garcia will be unappreciated for his efforts. Screw Philly.

That sums up Philthadelphia.

Those fans have never appreciated McNabb. They didn't appreciate Garcia getting them to the playoffs.

If the Eagles moved to LA, I wouldn't shed a tear for Philly fans.

4xSBChamps
09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
..... Screw Philly.....

I snarfed this from a Penguin forum during the '08 Stanley Cup Playoffs

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/PhuckFilthy.gif

feel-free to use it wherever & whenever you can!!!!!

Christian Snyder
09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Good! Now the Eagles have a decent QB to play while McNabb is hurt.

KeiselPower99
09-14-2009, 09:11 PM
I think they signed him just so they have 3 qbs on the roster. Vick is still suspended until after week 3.

OneForTheToe
09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
What about when McNabb got hurt a couple years ago, and Garcia led them to the playoffs? And against some pretty stiff odds, too. The Eagles are good enough to do fine with anyone reasonably competent under center. And they have more veteran QBs than you can shake a stick at now.

In addition to the teams you mentioned, I'd put Miami right at the top of the list. And also New Orleans -- without Brees, it's straight to 4-12 for them.

On the flip side, I'd have to say the 49ers are the team that's most completely immune to losing their QB. They have no QB to begin with, so who even cares?

Good point about Brees. I think Miami might survive better because they have a decent defense. I was basing my Philly opinion on more of their history without McNabb. Other than when Garcia was there, they were pretty weak when McNabb has been down. It remains to be seen if Garcia still has it,

HometownGal
09-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Garcia is a journeyman and is average at best, imho. If the Eagles want to have a shot at getting into the playoffs, they need McNabb back - he's their anchor.

fansince'76
09-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Shit - figures, McNabb is my starting FF QB (and got me a good chunk of points this week). Now I'm gonna have to start Pennington.

HometownGal
09-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Shit - figures, McNabb is my starting FF QB (and got me a good chunk of points this week). Now I'm gonna have to start Pennington.

Left you a rep comment on that. :drink:

fansince'76
09-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Left you a rep comment on that. :drink:

Thanks! :hug: :drink: