PDA

View Full Version : Ben finishes number 2 in passing yards for week 1

Mags87
09-14-2009, 10:54 PM
first off all i can say about the bills is :banging::banging::banging::banging::banging::bang ing::banging::banging::banging::banging:
i saw in the game day thread "Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" again on a monday night. but that last drive put Brady above Ben in pass yards.... im ready to vomit

LVSteelersfan
09-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Irritating to no end. Why do opposing teams to the Patsies ALWAYS make such stupid mistakes. I was so much going to gloat over the loss because they couldn't possibly go undefeated. Now that is all we will hear again for yet another weak. Makes me want to throw up.

Mags87
09-14-2009, 11:39 PM
this basically makes sportscenter unwatchable till thursday or so when they start talking about next weeks matchup. looks like im gonna be rooting for rex ryan this weekend for gods sakes :noidea:

fansince'76
09-14-2009, 11:45 PM
this basically makes sportscenter unwatchable till thursday or so when they start talking about next weeks matchup. looks like im gonna be rooting for rex ryan this weekend for gods sakes :noidea:

I've found SportsCenter, along with pretty much everything else on Disney Channel II to be unwatchable for about 4 years now.

The Lakelander
09-15-2009, 01:30 AM
It goes on and on. Teams wrestle defeat from the jaws of victory against New England week after week.

And Brady dinks and dunks his way downfield to snatch a 1 point win. :sofunny:

:laughing: The story next week will be the Jets rookie QB making a mistake in the 4th quarter and blowing a chance to knock off the Pastriots. Write it down ... it was here first.

I'll say this much ... the Pastriots can and will be run against and worn to shreds by any good NFL rushing teams. Their defense sucks.

That and ... all it takes over the length of a season is to tee off on the little dink receivers who have their backs turned to the defense to see the ball into their hands. Simply tee off on Welker over and over again until he is dizzy from a swollen brain. Why teams haven't figured that one out is beyond me. If Brady throws 50 passes in a game 40 of them are shorter than 7 yards from the line of scrimmage. Just time the hits and jar those guys silly! The other 10 are straight down the middle of the field 15-20 yards deep. Those passes come in the red zone.

sharkweek
09-15-2009, 03:29 AM
Worst part about the Bills was when the guy fumbled on the kick return, he was absolutely swarmed by Pats players while his teammates sort of just stood around as if they had already called it a night, even though they still had work to do to at least try and burn some clock and/or time outs.

Have to be realistic though, it was the Bills, and the Pats were at home...If the Jets D can play like it did in their first game then they have a good chance of winning.

Don't put it past rookie QBs...we had a certain rookie QB on our team when we stopped the Pats after an 8-0 start to their season...

Galax Steeler
09-15-2009, 03:33 AM
.Have to be realistic though, it was the Bills, and the Pats were at home...If the Jets D can play like it did in their first game then they have a good chance of winning..

All I can say is lets go Jets we need to hold a rally for whoever is playing the Cheatriots every week.:chuckle:

sharkweek
09-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Good news is that at least it looks like their division isn't a complete joke like it was a few seasons ago. They'll have to earn the wins instead of an automatic 6-0 boost to their record.

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Good news is that at least it looks like their division isn't a complete joke like it was a few seasons ago. They'll have to earn the wins instead of an automatic 6-0 boost to their record.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Ben totally outperformed Brady this week and I don't need no stinkin' stats to verify that. :tt02:

mmalone
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
And Brady dinks and dunks his way downfield to snatch a 1 point win.

Simply tee off on Welker over and over again until he is dizzy from a swollen brain. Why teams haven't figured that one out is beyond me. If Brady throws 50 passes in a game 40 of them are shorter than 7 yards from the line of scrimmage. Just time the hits and jar those guys silly!

In every game this happens... noone stops it.. why not hit the receivers on the line hard. slow them down for one extra second.

leave a defender back to cover the back judge(referee) area since they love using the ref as a screen/blocker.. its welkers favorite spot to catch a ball. moss was catching them there too behind the back judge last night...

Cover short and hit them hard. But....

everyone backs up 7 yards off the receivers and brady just kills you.

not sure if you have to go man to man with brady and smack the receivers on the line.

zone defense is like brady's playground.

how about taking a few chances and timing the pass, and run in front of the receivers for the pic 6's. the plays are always the same... its either right side , left side, or the back judge area in the seconday.

amazing to watch 4 qtrs of that stuff...

Indo
09-15-2009, 10:20 AM
It goes on and on. Teams wrestle defeat from the jaws of victory against New England week after week.

And Brady dinks and dunks his way downfield to snatch a 1 point win. :sofunny:

:laughing: The story next week will be the Jets rookie QB making a mistake in the 4th quarter and blowing a chance to knock off the Pastriots. Write it down ... it was here first.

I'll say this much ... the Pastriots can and will be run against and worn to shreds by any good NFL rushing teams. Their defense sucks.

That and ... all it takes over the length of a season is to tee off on the little dink receivers who have their backs turned to the defense to see the ball into their hands. Simply tee off on Welker over and over again until he is dizzy from a swollen brain. Why teams haven't figured that one out is beyond me. If Brady throws 50 passes in a game 40 of them are shorter than 7 yards from the line of scrimmage. Just time the hits and jar those guys silly! The other 10 are straight down the middle of the field 15-20 yards deep. Those passes come in the red zone.

Sounds like a good idea except that Goodell will find a way mid-season to change the rules and make anything that might hurt the Cheatriots chances at a Superbowl run illegal

fansince'76
09-15-2009, 10:26 AM

Sounds like a good idea except that Goodell will find a way mid-season to change the rules and make anything that might hurt the Cheatriots chances at a Superbowl run illegal

That's already happened. Der Kommissar pushed a new rule through this past offseason to help his pet team regarding hitting "defenseless WRs" over the middle due to Clark blasting Welker last year. So safeties, in essence, are no longer allowed to do their jobs.

The Lakelander
09-15-2009, 10:41 AM

I don't agree, as much as I'd really like to believe what you stated.

They didn't earn a damn thing last night. They received a perfectly wrapped gift win. :present: It's always been that way with them. And it will be that way this year over and over again. They'll get 5 or 6 gift wins again this year.

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
They didn't earn a damn thing last night. They received a perfectly wrapped gift win. :present: It's always been that way with them. And it will be that way this year over and over again. They'll get 5 or 6 gift wins again this year.

Even that I could find a way to tolerate, but with those 5 or 6 gift wrapped wins, we'll not only have to witness the A$$ Chin knob-slobbin fest, but how much of a genius coach Beliprick is and that's what gags me most of all. :puke:

SteelMember
09-15-2009, 11:32 AM
"It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!"

http://www.reelfilm.com/images/meat1.jpg

AllD
09-15-2009, 12:19 PM
The Bills have been cursed since Scott Norwood blew the Super Bowl against the Giants.

Brady definitely won the diva competition when he has suzy Kolber chasing him down the field for an interview. He even had Mike Torico in the booth all vaselined up and waiting for the glorious, super genius, extra extrordinary comeback in the history of sports.

HughC
09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Problem is Bill Polian and the Colts had the rules changed a few years ago in order to protect Peyton's receivers; now it's a pass interference if you hit a receiver more than five yards downfield. New England knows that so they run six and seven yard routes. Add in the new rule about hitting defenseless receivers, and the idea of hitting them hard near the line will probably backfire. Plus, a guy like Moss is athletic enough to put a move on a CB that plays too close to the line and run past him for a long play.

Key to beating them is getting enough push up the middle on their interior line to collapse the pocket.

Ravnet
09-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I've found SportsCenter, along with pretty much everything else on Disney Channel II to be unwatchable for about 4 years now.

What happened four years ago? Dynasty talks?

The Patriot
09-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Even that I could find a way to tolerate, but with those 5 or 6 gift wrapped wins, we'll not only have to witness the A$$ Chin knob-slobbin fest, but how much of a genius coach Beliprick is and that's what gags me most of all. :puke:

Gift win? Good teams make plays happen, HTG. :wink02:

A 90 yard TD drive before the 2 minute warning is not a gift. And forcing a fumble on the kick return is no more of a gift than Brady's pick for six.

If by "gift-wrapped wins" you mean wins where the victor capitalizes off their opponent's mistakes, then what win is not gift-wrapped? If you can't hold onto an 11 pt lead with 5 minutes left in the game, (regardless of how you blow it) you do not deserve to win.

AllD
09-15-2009, 01:16 PM

A 90 yard TD drive before the 2 minute warning is not a gift. And forcing a fumble on the kick return is no more of a gift than Brady's pick for six.

If by "gift-wrapped wins" you mean wins where the victor capitalizes off their opponent's mistakes, then what win is not gift-wrapped? If you can't hold onto an 11 pt lead with 5 minutes left in the game, (regardless of how you blow it) you do not deserve to win.

You are right, the Bills do not deserve to win and that KR should be cut. Looks like they need a new ST coach plus their soft defense at the end was no answer for the Pats offense. The Bills humiliated and embarrsed themselves. The fans should throw tomatoes and empty their garbage cans in the KR's front yard.

Preacher
09-15-2009, 04:18 PM

Gift win: When an idiot returner decides not to take a knee in the endzone, and turns it over.

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM

I wasn't the person who made the original "gift-wrapped win" post, genius. I was responding to his post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lakelander
They didn't earn a damn thing last night. They received a perfectly wrapped gift win. It's always been that way with them. And it will be that way this year over and over again. They'll get 5 or 6 gift wins again this year.

WTF is it with some of you guys around here??? I can't tell you how many times I have replied to a guy's post only to be the one called out for replying instead of them addresing the original post. I've seen the same thing happen to other women around here and it's degrading and quite ignorant. Just because we have funbags and a hooch doesn't mean we're sports imbeciles. :banging::mad::banging:

In response to YOUR nonsense, TP - the Cheats* were outplayed until the last 3-1/2 minutes of the game. The drive which resulted in the first TD to Watson was a legitimate drive and I will give you that. The game-winning TD to Watson was gift-wrapped and handed to the Cheats* by McKelvin's costly decision to bring the pigskin out of the EZ instead of playing it safe and taking a knee, resulting in a fumble at the Bills 31 YL. If that isn't a golden gift-wrapped score, I don't know what the hell is.

stillers4me
09-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Just because we have funbags and a hooch doesn't mean we're sports imbeciles.

I'm not quite sure what to say about that other than..... :tt03:

Shoes
09-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Brady has to face the Titans & Ravens :chuckle::chuckle:

The Lakelander
09-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I wasn't the person who made the original "gift-wrapped win" post, genius. I was responding to his post:

WTF is it with some of you guys around here??? I can't tell you how many times I have replied to a guy's post only to be the one called out for replying instead of them addresing the original post. I've seen the same thing happen to other women around here and it's degrading and quite ignorant. Just because we have funbags and a hooch doesn't mean we're sports imbeciles. :banging::mad::banging:

Sure HometownGal ... pass the buck onto me why don'tcha. :laughing:

I'll say it again to the Patriots trolls who gloat on other teams websites ... that game was GIFT WRAPPED and tied with a bow! :wave:

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Sure HometownGal ... pass the buck onto me why don'tcha. :laughing:

I'll say it again to the Patriots trolls who gloat on other teams websites ... that game was GIFT WRAPPED and tied with a bow! :wave:

Sorry Lakelander. It is degrading as hell when a couple of the guys around here pull this shit and call out a female for simply replying to someone else's original post. :mad: It's just not right.

I said it in my reply to you and I'll say it again - I agree 100% with what you are saying.

THE CHEATS* WERE GIVEN A 14K GOLD GIFT WRAPPED PACKAGE LAST NIGHT.

sharkweek
09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't agree, as much as I'd really like to believe what you stated.

The whole point of what I said was that Buffalo was beating the Patsies on their own turf...that 07 season the Pats rolled through their division in a manner the same as if we could play the Browns 6 times.

Yes, they got lucky here and received a huge gift, but that still didn't make the game easy or a sure thing like in 07 - they had to fight tooth and nail and get lucky to win this one. 16-0 won't be handed to them on a silver platter this season.

The Patriot
09-15-2009, 06:39 PM

Sorry Lakelander. It is degrading as hell when a couple of the guys around here pull this shit and call out a female for simply replying to someone else's original post. :mad: It's just not right.

I said it in my reply to you and I'll say it again - I agree 100% with what you are saying.

THE CHEATS* WERE GIVEN A 14K GOLD GIFT WRAPPED PACKAGE LAST NIGHT.

That's not fair.

I don't know if other posters have been treating you poorly, but I'm not one of them.

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 07:30 PM
That's not fair.

I don't know if other posters have been treating you poorly, but I'm not one of them.

No - what isn't fair is you calling ME out on my reply to Lakelander - who was the original poster behind that thought process that I simply agreed with. :banging:

I think you're a good guy, TP, and this may have been the first time you've done this, (can't remember off hand) but we women are few and far between on this board, and I've seen the same behaviors exhibited towards them and I've just had enough of it. I don't spend my time here making fluff posts to boost my post count or making little cutsie comments to get attention - neither do most of the other Steelers ladies and I think we deserve every bit of respect that is afforded to the guys around here. :drink:

The Patriot
09-15-2009, 08:02 PM
No - what isn't fair is you calling ME out on my reply to Lakelander - who was the original poster behind that thought process that I simply agreed with. :banging:

I think you're a good guy, TP, and this may have been the first time you've done this, (can't remember off hand) but we women are few and far between on this board, and I've seen the same behaviors exhibited towards them and I've just had enough of it. I don't spend my time here making fluff posts to boost my post count or making little cutsie comments to get attention - neither do most of the other Steelers ladies and I think we deserve every bit of respect that is afforded to the guys around here. :drink:

Okay, fair enough. I have only respect for you.

Now, if you'll excuse me... :couch:

TheWarDen86
09-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Brady has to face the Titans & Ravens :chuckle::chuckle:

Don't kill me for this, but if we don't "need" the Ravens to lose, I may have to pull for them to upset the patsies.

Hate them more I guess. :noidea:

TheWarDen86
09-15-2009, 08:22 PM

ha-ha. :tt02:

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 08:23 PM

That respect is mutual. Awwww - I wuv you 2. :hug::chuckle:

TheWarDen86
09-15-2009, 08:27 PM
That respect is mutual. Awwww - I wuv you 2. :hug::chuckle:

eeewwwwee. HTG kissed a ...... Patriots Fan. :doh:

:puke:

:chuckle:

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 09:00 PM
eeewwwwee. HTG kissed a ...... Patriots Fan. :doh:

:puke: