PDA

View Full Version : State of the "STEELER NATION"

billybob
09-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I know that a lot has been said in these last few days about our "WIN" over the Titans. The media ,and fans alike have already began to stuff our o-line , and our running game ; into the trash disposal along with Arians .
I know there are so many different ways to go with this post .How one can conclude that our team is doomed to failure , to defend our world Champion status after one game is beyond me .
What team would come out and show all of their weapons in one single game ,let alone the first game of the season ? We still have not lossed a game since the Titans beat us last season (not counting preseason ),and we disposed of them with a gritty win at home
I say that the state of the "STEELER NATION " is right on course where we need to be !
Can we improve ? Yes . What team in the nfl could not ? Will we improve ? You can bet our six super bowl rings on yes we will improve . And keep on winning while we do just that .
:drink: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

steelpride12
09-15-2009, 02:17 PM
YES! A positive post! We all know our Steelers will improve and overcome these obstacles like they do every season!
We are the best fans in the NFL, we are Steeler Nation! :tt03::drink::tt02:

cheezheadsteeler
09-15-2009, 02:48 PM
If we came out there and stomped the Titans, people would be saying "19-0, no stopping us, smooth sailing!", Tomlin would have nothing to complain about, now he can chew them out good, and push them hard. There is work to be done but many of the problems I saw look like they can be corrected using the players and coaches we have in place.

Here's to another hard fought game and 2-0 after Chicago!
:tt:

Mobyguzzer
09-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I feel good after the Titans game. The running game will improve, Wallace and Sweed will improve, Logan will make plays and the O-line will only get better. We were completely one dimensional and still beat one of the better teams in the league. I'm looking forward to a good year.

Men of Steel
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM
as far as im concerned... every game should be a hard fought battle... regardless who we play.

and seriously... would u want it any other way?
easy victories?
or grinding it out till the last second....
Steelers Football.... 60 MINUTES!!!!!

i preffer that each game be tough... .be stressfull and heartpounding... dont give me easy wins.... because easy wins dont take u on the road to the Super Bowl.

last year is enough proof for that....

so let the media and the ignorant people talk aaaall they want about our team and its.... "weaknesses"

This is STEELER FOOTBALL!
THIS IS STEELER NATION!!!!!!!!
:tt03:

BlastFurnace
09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
I want some easy wins sprinkled in.

AllD
09-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Our biggest competition is the Ravens, Titans, and Vikings. I believe we can beat all three, but I don't know about sweeping the Ravens again, the numbers are against it. The Chargers literally look like midgets. The Pats slid by a team that has a bigger curse than the Bungles last night. Green Bay should make the playoffs, but we wouldn't see them unless we both made the SB. Falcons look good too, but we wouldn;t play them until the SB either.

Everybody take a deep breath and be confident that the team is still in a very good position. As long as #43 is back 100% for the playoffs, we go far.

SteelRNation
09-15-2009, 04:07 PM
There's nothing wrong with true SteelerNation. Its the bangwagoners that hopped on in the last few years that want to bitch and complain about the team after every mishap. It comes with the territory. You're not gonna get 100% of true fans that support the team through thick and thin. Success breeds guys like Snoop Dogg coming around and getting in on the action. Youd never see some of them when we had Mark Malone and Bubby Brister at the helm and we didnt win shit.

arge5809
09-15-2009, 04:14 PM
I want some easy wins sprinkled in.

That's what the Brownies games are....

:thumbsup: :tt03:

arge5809
09-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I feel that the hard won games are better, because they keep you on the edge of your seat the ENTIRE game. The easy ones tend to lose your interest.

And as always you have to work for the best rewards!

:drink:

SteelerEmpire
09-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw said that they believe we have the stuff to get our running game going and that we will get it going.... two pretty reliable sources.... so I think its still all good....

SteelC7
09-15-2009, 05:38 PM
finally someone telling it like it is, im so sick of the bashing of the steelers for beating the titans

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Thank you for the very positive outlook BB! :drink: :banana: Breath of fresh air that is sorely needed around here after a STEELERS WIN. :tt02: Can you imagine the overwhelming doom and gloom and B & M'ing if they had lost? :jawdrop: :horror:

I think most true diehard fans of the Steelers know that even with our "cake like" schedule this season, each game is going to present some challenges. That's the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately. However, we diehards also have and will continue to support the team we love through thick and thin. Constructively critique them? Hell yes - that's what we do here on a sports BB but to destructively condemn them after a loss or worse yet - after a WIN? That, to me, is being a FWF and a boo-bird - not at all what I consider a true fan of the team - - or the game.

MasterOfPuppets
09-15-2009, 07:28 PM
MACH 5 .....:tt03:....:laughing:

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-15-2009, 08:12 PM
We won the hardest game on our schedule - I wouldn't complain if we'd won 2-0...

vasteeler
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
I think some people forget that the titties only lost 3 games last year and have one hell of a coach. As much as peaople dislike him you cant take away his ability as a head coach. That being said I was very pleased with the outcome of the game.\
As far as easy wins go I wish all of them were easy I dont know how many more close ones my heart can take.

SuperSteelers
09-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I have been a Steelers fan for a long long time, and I can tell you that I have met "fans" from both ranks.. ones that are die hard, and ones that say they are. I have been to many games.. and a couple of things that are my pet peeves are when the home crowd boos the home team and when all the "fans" leave the stadium in the fourth quarter when the Steelers are losing.

Pardon me for making an analogy to european soccer, but have any of you seen the loyatly of those fans? Like FC Liverpool.. they sing "You will never walk alone" as their team is taking the field.. No matter what, their team will NEVER WALK ALONE.

Don't get me wrong.. I like to moan and groan about dumb plays, poor performances, bad coaching decisions.. That's what sites like these are all about. But to show your lack of support DURING the game is totally COUNTERPRODUCTIVE!! It's supposed to be home field ADVANTAGE.

The problem is that we have been spoiled with the sucess of our team. We expect too much.

:tt02:

billybob
09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
The hardest game is every game that lies ahead . We are the champs until we have been shown the exit . We are still on course to defend that honor . :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt::tt03:

TampaSteelerFan
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
That's what the Brownies games are....

:thumbsup: :tt03:

Hell yea, what would football season be without our 2 annual thrashings of the Brownies? :drink:

BillyBobsGirl
09-17-2009, 05:12 PM
:rofl::rofl:Hey "STEELER NATION", after Sunday's game, the "BROWNS" will have to change their name to the "BLACK AND BLUES"!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: