PDA

View Full Version : Kordell's Partner calls out Hines

OneForTheToe
09-15-2009, 03:33 PM
By partner I meant the guy he does ESPN's First Take NFL Analysis with. Drew Bennett? Why, what did you think I meant by partner? :noidea:

Anyways, they were doing luckiest player today. Bennett (if that is him) mentioned Hines being lucky for his fumble not costing the Steelers the game. Ok, that was fair.

However, he went on to say the Hines is lucky that the Steelers Coaches leave him start at all because he is getting old and looked stiff on the field. :huh: Seriously? Hines had nine catches, and some great blocks as usual, and this guy thinks he looked stiff.:screwy: I wish these networks at least require these ex- jocks to pass a minimal intelligence test before they are hired right off the field.:coffee::banging:

NJarhead
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
You, nor the other 3 guys who actually watch his show, shouldn't let it bother you too much. :chuckle:

7SteelGal43
09-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Seriously ? Didn't Hines also have 100+ yds receiving ? Dumbass.

T Bradshaw
09-15-2009, 03:38 PM
yep, dumb comments, but these dumb comments are actually good for any player, good players are motivated even more by these comments, hopefully Hines has seen will prove them wrong

Wouldn't be great if every publication in the country would pick the Pats to win the SB? What goosd will this bring the Pats?? NOTHING!!

OneForTheToe
09-15-2009, 03:41 PM
You, nor the other 3 guys who actually watch his show, shouldn't let it bother you too much. :chuckle:

Funny thing is that I usually don't watch it. I put it on at work to see what Skip Bayless was going to say about TO.

TackleMeBen
09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Wouldn't be great if every publication in the country would pick the Pats to win the SB? What goosd will this bring the Pats?? NOTHING!!
they have already havent they?? i mean as soon as goldenboy was in training camp, it was like the pats are going to the superbowl, heck since we are in a recession instead of having to spend money on the superbowl, lets skip it this year and just hand the trophy to the pats....:wink02:

steelreserve
09-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Oh, that's right. If a WR is coming off a 1,000-yard season and is one of the best downfield blockers in the league, he should be the #3 receiver at best. We should have our heads examined for putting him in the starting lineup.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/capt_taco/dogpoop-icon.gif

NJarhead
09-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Funny thing is that I usually don't watch it. I put it on at work to see what Skip Bayless was going to say about TO.

lol. I watched it once, because A). it was what was on at that moment and B). just to satisfy my curiosity about what ole' Kordell was up to. Needless-to-say, I was unimpressed. :laughing:

steeldawg
09-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Whats he talkin about Hines would start on every team in nfl...i would be interested to hear what team he thought that hines would not start for....Alsoo coming from a guy who played 8 yrs in the league and only had ! season over 1000 yrds i dont really think he should be talkin.

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Drew Bennett? :rofl: He had one good season with the Tatas and pretty much sucked the rest of his looooooong 8 year career.

Next. :coffee:

SteelC7
09-15-2009, 04:35 PM
wow stupid thing to say, hines looking stiff? o ya so does randy moss, reggie wayne, steve smith, larry fitzgerald, and satonio holmes wat an idiot, hes just hating on hines ward cuz hes mad that hines still plays at a high level at his age

wootawnee
09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I think he is looking a little stiff too.......But he is still making great catches......Then again all the balls going his way could be going to a younger, quicker guy, who has the potential to take it to the house...........It is all in how you look at it..........As we get older we definatly loose some of the electricity..........But we still can play.......I would start cutting his time down to get some of the younger guys some more balls, so they can grow up and be an all pro too........Isn't that how Hines got his first oppertunity too?.........They gotta start somewhere,and when your young is the best time.......I say go to the new guys, unless they start dropping balls........You can always plug Hines back in.......

pancake
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
I hope Hines saw the trash talk about him. He loves playing with a chip on his shoulder...

JackHammer
09-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I think he is looking a little stiff too.......But he is still making great catches......Then again all the balls going his way could be going to a younger, quicker guy, who has the potential to take it to the house...........It is all in how you look at it..........As we get older we definatly loose some of the electricity..........But we still can play.......I would start cutting his time down to get some of the younger guys some more balls, so they can grow up and be an all pro too........Isn't that how Hines got his first oppertunity too?.........They gotta start somewhere,and when your young is the best time.......I say go to the new guys, unless they start dropping balls........You can always plug Hines back in.......

Actually that's not how Hines got started. He got started out as a special teams STAND OUT and he earned his job at WR by outplaying and outlasting the other WR's like Will Blackwell, Courtney Hawkins, Charles Johnson, and Troy Edwards. He beat those guys because he was able to produce and they weren't able to produce. On top of that he's still the most versatile and best blocking WR on the roster. You don't cut the time of a versatile and productive WR in order to give younger, less experienced WR's an opportunity. They'll have to earn their opportunities just like Ward did, and Ward will also have to have an injury or drop off in production if they want to cut into his touches.

wootawnee
09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Actually that's not how Hines got started. He got started out as a special teams STAND OUT and he earned his job at WR by outplaying and outlasting the other WR's like Will Blackwell, Courtney Hawkins, Charles Johnson, and Troy Edwards. He beat those guys because he was able to produce and they weren't able to produce. On top of that he's still the most versatile and best blocking WR on the roster. You don't cut the time of a versatile and productive WR in order to give younger, less experienced WR's an opportunity. They'll have to earn their opportunities just like Ward did, and Ward will also have to have an injury or drop off in production if they want to cut into his touches.

I don't know all about that earn stuff.......Sometimes in the past we just let new guys play..........I don't think there is a set way of letting the new guys play.......Every sitiuation is different.......Most of the D guys play more special teams than receivers......

KeiselPower99
09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
ESPN must have a rule of hiring douchebags and Patriots suckups only.

JackHammer
09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I don't know all about that earn stuff.......Sometimes in the past we just let new guys play..........I don't think there is a set way of letting the new guys play.......Every sitiuation is different.......Most of the D guys play more special teams than receivers......

I'm not against letting new guys play in certain circumstances. It's just that this isn't one of those circumstances. Hines Ward is still really productive, still versatile, and still one of the best blockers on the field, not just the best blocking WR. You keep players like that on the field as much as possible. Sweed and Wallace will get their looks, but it will be with Hines on the field for the most part. They won't be cutting into his time until he gets hurt or he starts to slow down and becomes unproductive.

Galax Steeler
09-16-2009, 03:57 AM

I agree how do you cut someones playing time when you are Hines Ward. The man still makes plays across the middle of the field and is a true blocking machine. He still had a hundred yards receiving so why would you cut his time. Some of these reporters are so stupid the man fumbles one time in about two years and it is time to start throwing to someone else.:rofl:

4xSBChamps
09-16-2009, 04:50 AM
I agree how do you cut someones playing time when you are Hines Ward. The man still makes plays across the middle of the field and is a true blocking machine. He still had a hundred yards receiving so why would you cut his time.

agreed..... you don't sit one of the most complete football players of this era, who is STILL productive and sets an example, for a young-guy whom 'might' pan-out, 'sometime' in the future, 'maybe', while the team is competitive & in the hunt for elusive Championships:
Ward earned his way onto the team, then into the starting line-up with his work-ethic, ability to adapt, and willingness to block, eventually blossoming into a clutch receiver.

"..... any of these young receivers wanna play 'lumber-jack'.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/HarryCallahan-removingsunglasses.jpg

..... let-'em learn to hold-up their end of the log....."

LVSteelersfan
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
What a d-bag. He only wishes he was EVER as good as Hines Ward is right now. Which he was not. Personally, I think they should keep Hines Ward back on the line and let him block for Willie coming on the outside edge a bit more. Maybe he can pick up those defensive ends that our Oline can't seem to block or one of those linebackers knocking them out of their gap so Willie has room to catch the corner. Hines and Heath are the best blockers on the team followed by Holmes. That doesn't say much for our O-line.

cubanstogie
09-16-2009, 01:01 PM
People don't thing before they open their mouth. Even if the Steelers would have lost due to Hine's fumble I would have been fine with it. His desire and effort to get to the end zone at all costs is what makes him a great player. That has won them far more games than it had lost games. Its really the same as Ben taking more sacks than a lot of QB's if they were in his situation. The positives out way the negatives and you have to take the bad with the good.

LVSteelersfan
09-16-2009, 01:05 PM
You notice that Hines did not hang his head long. He was very involved in the winning drive after that fumble. Hines is the man. We will all miss him when he finally hangs it up. Hopefully that is 4 or 5 years from now.

xfl2001fan
09-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Whats he talkin about Hines would start on every team in nfl...i would be interested to hear what team he thought that hines would not start for....Alsoo coming from a guy who played 8 yrs in the league and only had ! season over 1000 yrds i dont really think he should be talkin.

Maybe the Cardinals... :noidea:

Christian Snyder
09-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Hines Ward was stiff?! What an idiot!:banging::mad:

wootawnee
09-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Look............Here is the skinny..........We all know Hines has the best hands in the league right............But every game is just not a game, it is a classroom and also practice for the future games............If we can win with the new guys playing( going to class) we deffinatly can win with Hines playing..........The only way for these guys to get better and build confidence is to get on the field and make catches, make mistakes, get some rythem with the offense, and learn the game better............If Sweed or any other reciever is going to be a Steeler, they need to have more balls go their way , so their confidence builds, and the teams and fans trust in them builds too.......Just like any employee coming up, they gotta learn out there between the sidelines........
Hines doesnt have to learn..........He can come in and make a play at any moment if we need him to........,.I want to be able to say this about all of our receivers........Sweed doesnt need to learn........He can come in and make a play at any time we want him to...........
Ya see if we start building these new guys up and we all have the trust together, then other teams will have to respect that..........
This is the time of the year to get these guys playing time and find out who is part of the team.......

TampaSteelerFan
09-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Drew Bennett is a punk that wishes he was 1/10 the football player Hines Ward is.

PeckerWood
09-16-2009, 03:19 PM

Charles Johnson was a damn good WR and a blocker for the Steelers he left by free agency not by Hines beating him out of a starting job.

Hamer
09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Interesting discussion, but I have a question for those that saw this show- after this doofus ripped Hines, what did Kordell say about it? Did he stick up for the guy that pulled his ass out of the flames as a player? I mean how many times did we see KS throw "in the vicinity" of HW and have Ward go get the ball vs. actually hitting him in stride?

TampaSteelerFan
09-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Interesting discussion, but I have a question for those that saw this show- after this doofus ripped Hines, what did Kordell say about it? Did he stick up for the guy that pulled his ass out of the flames as a player? I mean how many times did we see KS throw "in the vicinity" of HW and have Ward go get the ball vs. actually hitting him in stride?

Good call....My last memory of Kordell as a Steeler was when he overthrew Hines by about 20 feet for the game clinching interception against the Cheaters in that '01season AFC Championship Game :doh:

solardave
09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
By partner I meant the guy he does ESPN's First Take NFL Analysis with. Drew Bennett? Why, what did you think I meant by partner? :noidea:

Anyways, they were doing luckiest player today. Bennett (if that is him) mentioned Hines being lucky for his fumble not costing the Steelers the game. Ok, that was fair.

However, he went on to say the Hines is lucky that the Steelers Coaches leave him start at all because he is getting old and looked stiff on the field. :huh: Seriously? Hines had nine catches, and some great blocks as usual, and this guy thinks he looked stiff.:screwy: I wish these networks at least require these ex- jocks to pass a minimal intelligence test before they are hired right off the field.:coffee::banging:

Wait,you said he was Kordell's partner. That he said Hines looked STIFF. I'm wondering what part of Hines he was looking at.:rofl:

JackHammer
09-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Charles Johnson was a damn good WR and a blocker for the Steelers he left by free agency not by Hines beating him out of a starting job.

No. Johnson was a solid, yet overrated WR, whom we chose not to re-sign. His last year with the Steelers was Wards first year with the Steelers. Ward averaged 16.5 ypc that year, CJ 12.5ypc. CJ'c long was 55 yards, Ward's was 45. CJ's 7 TD's that year was his career high. In fact, Ward had 7 TD's in his second season(the year after CJ left). I think the Steelers realized that CJ was as good as he'd ever be, and that Ward had enough upside to justify not re-signing CJ.

Edit: Also, I never said Ward directly beat any one of those WR's out of their starting job. Over the years he's outplayed AND outlasted them.

Burghfan58
09-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Drew Bennett:rofl:.......... No rings, no pro bowls, Enough said.

steel striker
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
It's like what does this guy know and, Hines the last time he fumbled was the 2006 game against Denver. I like the fact that Hines was trying to score. Bennett wishes he was as good as Hines and, once again these so called experts are nothing but hot air.

OneForTheToe
09-17-2009, 12:13 AM

Kordell didn't say anything. But in fairness to Kordell he and his buddy are just once a week segment "experts." Kordell didn't really have a chance to say anything. The doofus in question added at the end of the segment that Hines did have 100 yards receiving. My guess is that when a producer or other "First Take" member found out what he was going to say they told him of Hines stats, because the comment was almost an after thought.

OneForTheToe
09-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Wait,you said he was Kordell's partner. That he said Hines looked STIFF. I'm wondering what part of Hines he was looking at.:rofl:

I have no idea what you are talking about.:whistle:

steelersfan782
09-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Drew Bennett who? haha HINES WARD!!!!!!

markymarc
09-17-2009, 06:10 PM
I actually had to laugh at Kordell when he was talking on ESPN Monday. He pretty stated that the wildcat offense should be named "slash" because he invented it.

OneForTheToe
10-20-2009, 12:19 PM

Hines was on the show today and they played back Benett's comments. Hines laughed of course and mentioned that speed was never part of his game. Hines is always classy but you know what he had to be thinking........... anyway the rest of the interview was pretty pedestrian after that. We are a blanaced team now .....
his best response was as an answer to why the Seelers throw so much now where he said, "if you are going to pay a guy a 100 million dollars you might as well use him."

tube517
10-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Drew who?

fansince'76
10-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Disney Channel II is a joke. I've gone back to watching MNF now that that idiot Kornheiser is off of it, but that's all I watch on that Godforsaken excuse for a network. Even then, I make sure the game has already started when I turn it on, I change the channel at halftime, and I change the channel again and for the rest of the week the second the game's over.

Jmat
10-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Whatever Bennett wants to say is fine.

Hines thrives on being doubted and disrespected.

Vincent
10-20-2009, 05:06 PM
I've always valued Kordell's insights. :toofunny:

Yeah, Hines is ready for a walker. Farrior too. Gimme a freakin break.

Godfather
10-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I think the liberal media just wants an Asian wide receiver to do well.

Leading the league in yards? Move along, nothing to see here.

xvdougl
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Look............Here is the skinny..........We all know Hines has the best hands in the league right............But every game is just not a game, it is a classroom and also practice for the future games............If we can win with the new guys playing( going to class) we deffinatly can win with Hines playing..........The only way for these guys to get better and build confidence is to get on the field and make catches, make mistakes, get some rythem with the offense, and learn the game better............If Sweed or any other reciever is going to be a Steeler, they need to have more balls go their way , so their confidence builds, and the teams and fans trust in them builds too.......Just like any employee coming up, they gotta learn out there between the sidelines........
Hines doesnt have to learn..........He can come in and make a play at any moment if we need him to........,.I want to be able to say this about all of our receivers........Sweed doesnt need to learn........He can come in and make a play at any time we want him to...........
Ya see if we start building these new guys up and we all have the trust together, then other teams will have to respect that..........
This is the time of the year to get these guys playing time and find out who is part of the team.......

Not sure I agree with that. If we were in a rebuilding mode maybe you put Sweed on the field more. We're trying to get number 7 and that means get the best players on the field. In college football if you're an elite team an have some blowouts you can do that sort of thing but in the NFL there's always enough talent on the other team to beat you if you try to get cute.

Sweed's had a few chances to get on the field but for now he's gonna have to play special teams and or wait. I think he has the potential to be a very good WR someday but you can't pull a healthy Hines Ward of the field and risk another L when we've got a Division, Conference, and NFL Championship to win.

Psyychoward86
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM

u know who else is leading the league in yards? #7 :tt:

tony hipchest
10-21-2009, 12:37 AM

:chuckle: hines is african...

:popcorn: