PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill: Ray Lewis Interested in Cincinnati

CantStop85
01-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I can't give you a written source for this because it's something that was brought up on a radio station...700 WLW I think.

Word is that Ray Ray has called the Bengals twice in the past week. He has expressed interest in playing for former defensive coach Marvin Lewis next season. The Bengals seem to be keeping their options open.

Again, it's just a rumor...doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

I wouldn't mind having Ray as a Bengal on the conditions that he took a reasonable salary and we converted to a 3-4 defense and picked up a big nose tackle through the draft. Odell and Ray in the middle could be pretty exciting to watch.

All that being said, I don't see it happening...Ray will probably want more than he's worth.

Koopa
01-17-2006, 10:50 PM
i hope he does go, cause he's already washed up and would hurt ya'lls D

CantStop85
01-17-2006, 10:55 PM
i hope he does go, cause he's already washed up and would hurt ya'lls D
I don't know...if nothing more he could help Odell develop as a linebacker. If the price is right I'd be willing to take the chance.

83-Steelers-43
01-17-2006, 10:56 PM
LOL, that's too funny. :laughing: :rolleyes:

TasmanianTroy271
01-17-2006, 11:32 PM
is he up for FA this year? I dunno, he, along with Jamal Lewis and Ed Reed, is kind of the face of the Ravens...

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Why would any team but the Ravens or Raiders want that murderer on their team?

Ambridge
01-18-2006, 02:11 PM
It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
I heard on Sirius NFL Radio a few weeks back that Ray had been refusing to talk to Billick the last few weeks of the season and that he also wanted to renegotiate his contract.

I can just see Ray going from a Purple Boa to a Tiger Print Jump Suit.

Milkman
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
I think Ray's best years are behind him, but he would definitely help the Bengals D.

SteelCityMan786
01-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Ray Is A Washed Up Son Of A Bitch.

CantStop85
01-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Another rumor:

WJGM sports radio reported that Aaron Brooks 6-4 200 pound QB from the New Orleans Saints will visit Cincinnati in the next few weeks. He is upset with team owner and wants a change. Cincinnati is exploring all possible options at QB next season.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Iyeeshka! A washed up overpaid murdering LB and a never-was overpaid QB who can't read defenses?

I guess it'll be another 15 years before the Bungals win the division again...

SteelCityMan786
01-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Geeze you guys are gonna sign washed up jokes. Hope you like pains in the ASS

CantStop85
01-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Iyeeshka! A washed up overpaid murdering LB and a never-was overpaid QB who can't read defenses?

I guess it'll be another 15 years before the Bungals win the division again...
I'm assuming the talks with Brooks are in case Kitna isn't resigned. I wouldn't mind having him as a back-up...he's definitely a bad decision-maker, but at least he can scramble a little bit...I think he could be a decent back-up in a good situation.

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Another rumor:

WJGM sports radio reported that Aaron Brooks 6-4 200 pound QB from the New Orleans Saints will visit Cincinnati in the next few weeks. He is upset with team owner and wants a change. Cincinnati is exploring all possible options at QB next season. why dont you just bring back jeff blake? he put pickens and scott on the map and im sure the bears would give him up for nothing. all kidding aside, do yu really want carson tutoring a 6-7 year, old veteran?

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Blake at least threw a nice long ball...Aaron Brooks is quickly becoming Kordell Stewart redux...

CantStop85
01-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Blake at least threw a nice long ball...Aaron Brooks is quickly becoming Kordell Stewart redux...
This is true...I'm not saying Brooks is my ideal backup, but it could be worse...he did a few good things on a bad New Orleans team. My ideal backup would be Volek, but that won't happen.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Sign a journeyman QB for cheap, start Kitna, weather the storm and hope Plamer is back up to speed by week 6 next year. Overpaying for a washout from another team is bad strategy...

CantStop85
01-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Sign a journeyman QB for cheap, start Kitna, weather the storm and hope Plamer is back up to speed by week 6 next year. Overpaying for a washout from another team is bad strategy...
Well yeah, Kitna would be the number one option, but if he wants to start somewhere else then there's not much the Bengals could do about it except find another capable backup.

Anyway, all indications are that Palmer should be ready to start by week 1.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Well yeah, Kitna would be the number one option, but if he wants to start somewhere else then there's not much the Bengals could do about it except find another capable backup.

Anyway, all indications are that Palmer should be ready to start by week 1.

There is simply no way that, after paying Palmer all that money, the Bengals will let him start that soon. They won't trade another 10 years for a few games...

That being said, Kitna is in a good position. He'll get some more money, start and win a few games, and can step aside when the time is right for Palmer's return. There's no way the Bengals will let him go...

CantStop85
01-18-2006, 08:42 PM
There is simply no way that, after paying Palmer all that money, the Bengals will let him start that soon. They won't trade another 10 years for a few games...

That being said, Kitna is in a good position. He'll get some more money, start and win a few games, and can step aside when the time is right for Palmer's return. There's no way the Bengals will let him go...
Again, it's not the Bengals call...it's Kitna's...and I think Palmer will be back a lot quicker than you think. He won't be 100%, but I still think he will be playing within the first few games if not the very first.

We will see.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 08:49 PM
How much do you think Kitna is worth as a backup on the market? Certainly no more than Cincy will pay him.

As for Palmer, there's a reason the doctor said it was the worst knee injury he'd ever seen, and that's because it was...why else would he say that? Those kinds of injuries almost always require a year, and why would the Bengals risk further injury that could end a career when they could pay a capable backup (Kitna) good money and protect their interests all the way around?

Kitna will start at the beginning of the season, and Palmer, if he's healthy enough, will return before it's over. The 2006 regular season for the Bengals will have a starting depth chart of:
Kitna
FA signing
(Injured) Palmer

Take it to the bank...

CantStop85
01-18-2006, 09:22 PM
How much do you think Kitna is worth as a backup on the market? Certainly no more than Cincy will pay him.

As for Palmer, there's a reason the doctor said it was the worst knee injury he'd ever seen, and that's because it was...why else would he say that? Those kinds of injuries almost always require a year, and why would the Bengals risk further injury that could end a career when they could pay a capable backup (Kitna) good money and protect their interests all the way around?

Kitna will start at the beginning of the season, and Palmer, if he's healthy enough, will return before it's over. The 2006 regular season for the Bengals will have a starting depth chart of:
Kitna
FA signing
(Injured) Palmer

Take it to the bank...
Maybe Kitna just wants another shot at starting somewhere else...I'm not saying that leaving Cincy would be the logical decision, I'm saying it's possible.

Why would he say it was the worst knee injury he'd ever seen after the surgery? Self-promotion, perhaps? "Oh, the injury was terrible...worst I've ever seen...career threatening...but I performed the surgery perfectly and Palmer's doing great"

I just think Palmer will be back sooner than later...it's not like he's a runningback who is constantly being pounded. He will still be wearing that heavy-duty brace (the one that saved his career no less). I'll bookmark this thread and we'll see who's right next season. :bouncy:

TasmanianTroy271
01-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Maybe Kitna just wants another shot at starting somewhere else...

Yea, Tommy was yelling about getting a shot at starting somewhere else too, before the season started... Didn't work out to well for him in the long run did it? lol

Suitanim
01-19-2006, 07:43 AM
I've heard that theory about self promotion...I think it's much more likely that after he made the statements, the Bengals front office went into damage control mode and prompted him to retract the statement with something a little more positive for the fans and the media to digest.

You're right, we'll see next year.

Stlrs4Life
01-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Wouldn't bother me if Cincy gets that over rated LB. He's all hype. He didn't do very much this season. He's basically Dan Kreiders' bitch.