PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed Picks for NFL Week Two

mnofdichotomy
09-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Everything you need to know about week 2.

http://sportales.com/football/guaranteed-picks-for-nfl-week-two/

HometownGal
09-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Damned straight the Steelers are a great team! :applaudit::tt02: Me likey. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting! :drink:

Psyychoward86
09-15-2009, 06:12 PM
how many games did they get right last week

mnofdichotomy
09-15-2009, 06:17 PM
lets just say i was less than great. :) the spreads killed me. didnt do bad straight up for a week 1, though.

Steel-Bryan
09-15-2009, 06:24 PM

http://sportales.com/football/guaranteed-picks-for-nfl-week-one/

AllD
09-15-2009, 06:58 PM
***Upset Special*** the Cards recover against the Jags on the road.

steelpride12
09-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Not bad as long as you have the Steelers on top ill agree anyday!

NEPAsteeler
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) at Chicago Bears (0-1)

The Steelers are a great football team. The Bears aren’t even a good football team. Think Cutler looked bad against the Packers?

Prediction: With Urlacher running the show, it might have been competitive. Steelers 27-7

Lmao.... I find that quite amusing. I really do. It's so true though. :tt02:

steeltank
09-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Looks good for all but 1 or 2 games.

I missed 4 last week, I will improve.

NJarhead
09-15-2009, 08:39 PM
***Upset Special*** the Cards recover against the Jags on the road.

I'm taking Miami (a Parcells product) to rebound against an unimpressive (and now Gonzalez-less) Colts team.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-15-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm taking Miami (a Parcells product) to rebound against an unimpressive (and now Gonzalez-less) Colts team.

Yeah, but did you see the Fish's game vs. the Falcons?

NJarhead
09-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah, but did you see the Fish's game vs. the Falcons?

Yep. They looked terrible. I don't believe that's who they really are though. I think Parcell will be knee deep in Sporano's arse and shit rolls down hill.

Plus, the Colts more "escaped" Sunday than anything.

FSUBoo
09-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Anyone notice that he got the score exactly right for us last week lol. :noidea:

Galax Steeler
09-16-2009, 03:30 AM
I like the pick but nothing is guaranteed.:chuckle:

mnofdichotomy
09-16-2009, 04:41 AM
my guarantees dont mean much. :) i just love the game. i started writing these things because i love 'talking shop' (im a jr. high football coach) and putting my articles in some of the team forums (the ones with passionate fans... packers, steelers, raiders, teams like that; put the thing in a bengals room and no one gives a crap) starts some great conversations. my week one picks got me 200 messages. about 3/4 of them were football related , and ive met some other great fans. the rest were telling me im various types of 'post profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter'. which, for the record, i published the thing on triond; my 6000 views earned me about 4 bucks. so please dont take my 'guarantee seriously... its merely a conversation starter. :)

The Lakelander
09-16-2009, 07:20 AM

That has merit. Miami should no doubt come out swinging and will look better this week.

mmalone
09-16-2009, 07:27 AM
I like the pick but nothing is guaranteed.:chuckle:

Ok, Pick this... either the Ravens are just idiots or they played the spread..

Right.

38 - 24 they had the ball with 1:30 left on the KC 10 after they wrecked the 2nd string KC QB and he fumbled. Game over...

No, lets score another TD to make a 14 point win??

what was that?

The Lakelander
09-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Ok, Pick this... either the Ravens are just idiots or they played the spread..

Right.

38 - 24 they had the ball with 1:30 left on the KC 10 after they wrecked the 2nd string KC QB and he fumbled. Game over...

No, lets score another TD to make a 14 point win??

what was that?

If it's the Patriots classy offense and Bellicheat ... then that was "running it up".

If it's the Ravens and the nightmare they've put out for a decade ... then it was "practice".

mmalone
09-16-2009, 08:35 AM
If it's the Patriots classy offense and Bellicheat ... then that was "running it up".

If it's the Ravens and the nightmare they've put out for a decade ... then it was "practice".

Flacco and Mcgahee were in?

No Class. im for that...

Indo
09-16-2009, 09:59 AM
my guarantees dont mean much. :) i just love the game. i started writing these things because i love 'talking shop' (im a jr. high football coach) and putting my articles in some of the team forums (the ones with passionate fans... packers, steelers, raiders, teams like that; put the thing in a bengals room and no one gives a crap) starts some great conversations. my week one picks got me 200 messages. about 3/4 of them were football related , and ive met some other great fans. the rest were telling me im various types of 'post profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter'. which, for the record, i published the thing on triond; my 6000 views earned me about 4 bucks. so please dont take my 'guarantee seriously... its merely a conversation starter. :)

Just out of curiosity---which team is "your team"? I realize that you may not want to reveal this because it may show your "bias", but your predictions are interesting...and sometimes spot on

mnofdichotomy
09-16-2009, 11:18 AM
no problem... im a cheesehead. born and raised packer fan; live an hour from green bay and season ticket holder for 4 years. :) ironic that you happened to ask that with the lombardi quote.

MDSteel15
09-16-2009, 11:37 AM
no problem... im a cheesehead. born and raised packer fan; live an hour from green bay and season ticket holder for 4 years. :) ironic that you happened to ask that with the lombardi quote.

I can respect a Packer fan, they are a great traditional team like the Steelers! You guys have a schedule where I can see you going 13-3! :thumbsup: Good Luck and see you in the playoffs!!! :wink02: :popcorn:

Vis
09-16-2009, 12:22 PM

Tennessee Titans (0-0) at Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0)
The Titans overachieved last year, and will come down a notch or two this campaign. The Steelers may very well be the last team standing at the end of the year again. They will this week, at any rate.

Prediction…… The Steelers will do what the Steelers do: win. 13-10.

That's impressive

Indo
09-16-2009, 12:42 PM

I've also always respected the Packers (although Fav-ra is a bit "out there" these days---)

I've always thought Lombardi was a genius---a true Leader of Men---and, in fact, Tomlin reminds me a lot of him.
Here's another one of my favorite "Lombardi-isms":

"Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase Perfection, we can catch Excellence"

How did you get season tickets to Lambeau only 4 years ago? Did somebody leave them in a Will?

Good luck with your Jr High team

Indo
09-16-2009, 12:58 PM
I've also always respected the Packers (although Fav-ra is a bit "out there" these days---)
I've always thought Lombardi was a genius---a true Leader of Men---and, in fact, Tomlin reminds me a lot of him.
Here's another one of my favorite "Lombardi-isms":

"Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase Perfection, we can catch Excellence"

How did you get season tickets to Lambeau only 4 years ago? Did somebody leave them in a Will?

Good luck with your Jr High team

I just saw your blog regarding Favre on the Sportstales page----and I agree with you.
He is an icon. The game isn't the same without him...(but I probably wouldn't run out and buy a Viqueens #4 shirt, either! :wink02:)

mnofdichotomy
09-16-2009, 01:08 PM
that's exactly how i got em.... when my wife's grandpa passed. (god bless him and thank him. :) and thanks for the good luck wishes. ironically, while i do bleed green and gold, i would watch a jr high game before an nfl game any day of the week. it may be boring... im considered by the other coaches in our conference to be a showboat because we throw 15 times a game or so.... these kids are uncorrupted by all of the things that seep into the game as they get older. they genuinely play for the fun and love of the game. and i love tomlin... he coaches the way coaching was meant to be.

mnofdichotomy
09-16-2009, 05:43 PM
and i do kind of want to vomit a little when i see purple favre jerseys.

mnofdichotomy
09-17-2009, 07:56 PM
it will be fun when he wears his stupid purple shirt into lambeau.

BubbyBrister
09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I can respect a Packer fan, they are a great traditional team like the Steelers! You guys have a schedule where I can see you going 13-3! :thumbsup: Good Luck and see you in the playoffs!!! :wink02: :popcorn:

Only way we'll see them in the postseason is the Super Bowl. Which I'm okay with :)

mnofdichotomy
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
that would make a good sb.