PDA

View Full Version : Under dogs Pats gritty win????

steelwalls
09-16-2009, 06:06 AM
When will this love affair with the pats end? One mistake on a kick off was the difference in the 'Bills' winning the game against the "dynasty". I dont want to sound like a cry baby but the Titans game was not given to us at all, we scratched tooth and nail to win it but all you hear after our win was how bad we suck. The Pats barely get by a half ass team and they (Brady) is the best thing since sliced bread. Makes me sick to my stomach...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Auvh.uJ.FC5HOqZ0vELIfpNDubYF?slug=dw-patriots091409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Franco32Harris
09-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Im tired of hearing about Brady and how he is the best QB ever

sharkweek
09-16-2009, 07:14 AM
At the same time I think I'd rather be neglected than doted upon.

The media doesn't like the Steelers because they they're not sexy and chic. And the analysts don't like them because they're too complicated and unpredictable.

Also, the situation with the Titties game is a bad one to get upset over. Just about everyone predicted a tough game and many even picked the Titans to win. There's less need to report the "news" there. Whereas everyone is slobbing all over the Pats to reclaim their rightful crown and do it with ease, so when they slip up along the way failing to crush the Bills, it makes the analysts look bad, so they have to twist it in a way that makes themselves look good despite making incorrect predictions.

solardave
09-16-2009, 07:45 AM

The media doesn't like the Steelers because they they're not sexy and chic. And the analysts don't like them because they're too complicated and unpredictable.

Also, the situation with the Titties game is a bad one to get upset over. Just about everyone predicted a tough game and many even picked the Titans to win. There's less need to report the "news" there. Whereas everyone is slobbing all over the Pats to reclaim their rightful crown and do it with ease, so when they slip up along the way failing to crush the Bills, it makes the analysts look bad, so they have to twist it in a way that makes themselves look good despite making incorrect predictions.

I hope we meet their sorry asses in the playoffs since we don't play during the season.

After we beat them the press will say they had an off day. Poor Poor Marsha.

Kind of makes us feel like the other Bradk kids but that alright. they don't see us coming.

The Patriot
09-16-2009, 08:11 AM

Even the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers surrendered their lead and were down to the Arizona Cardinals in the super bowl. But, of course, that's an amazing drive by Ben, while Brady was "given" the game because Merriweather and the freakin kicker managed to force a fumble?!?

BozMan
09-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Even the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers surrendered their lead and were down to the Arizona Cardinals in the super bowl. But, of course, that's an amazing drive by Ben, while Brady was "given" the game because Merriweather and the freakin kicker managed to force a fumble?!?

Yes, pretty much. The Pats* were given that game by Buffalo and their idiocy. The idiotic Buffalo kick returner should have just downed that last kick in the end zone. Buffalo didn't need great field position on that possession. They just needed to pick up a couple first downs and run out the clock. Yet the boneheaded kick returner still decided to run the kick out of the end zone.

If Buffalo had done what should have been obvious, for starters, there would have never been a chance for NE to force a fumble. And then it would have been far less likely for Brady to take the field one more time to lead a "miraculous 4th quarter comeback drive" for the media to gush about.

revefsreleets
09-16-2009, 08:48 AM
The Bills will be one of the lower tier teams in the AFC this year...and the Pats BARELY beat them at home, and looked awful on both sides of the ball doing it.

So, let's see...we can go with the obvious, that THIS is the year the playing field is finally level and the Pats will most likely be a little better than average, OR we can make up steaming piles of horse manure about how they are still the greatest franchise ever, but returning the early days when they were true pioneers and had to fight through to win close games (or some garbage like that)...

I'm going with the truth, and going with A...the dream (cheating made it so) is over in Boston...

RoethlisBURGHer
09-16-2009, 10:38 AM
If the Bills kick returner downs the ball in the endzone like he should have, the Bills would be 1-0 and the Patriots would be 0-1.

fansince'76
09-16-2009, 11:07 AM

You're right - the bestest, most wonderfulest, most dreamiest, most clutchiest QB in the history of the whole wide universe singlehandedly willed his team to victory. In fact, he used his super-neato mind control powers to induce McKelvin to inexplicably return the ball instead of taking a knee in the end zone and his wicked pissah powers of telekinesis to force the fumble to boot. :rolleyes: :jerkit:

The Patriot
09-16-2009, 11:26 AM
You're right - the bestest, most wonderfulest, most dreamiest, most clutchiest QB in the history of the universe willed his team to victory. In fact, he used his super-neato mind control and of telekinesis powers to force McKelvin to inexplicably return the ball when he could have downed it and force the fumble to boot. :rolleyes: :jerkit:

Had the bills downed the ball, they would have started at the 20 before the 2 minute warning and, because of the patriot's 3 time outs, they might have had to throw for the first, (barring a great running play). That game was by no means over if the bills had downed the ball. The defense made that fumble happen which is what a good defense does.

I'll tell you where the Bills gave the game away. They gave it away when they started playing 'prevent' with Brady backed up inside the 20 with 5 minutes left. Pressure caused Brady to throw that pick for six. Pressure caused McKelvin to fumble the ball.

Lesson of the Evening: If you pressure Brady, he'll make mistakes. If you sit back and play to prevent the big play, he'll pick you apart with short passes. :yep:

steelreserve
09-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Even the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers surrendered their lead and were down to the Arizona Cardinals in the super bowl.

Yeah, and remind me again what the Patriots did when that happened in the Super Bowl?

Dino 6 Rings
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Had the bills downed the ball, they would have started at the 20 before the 2 minute warning and, because of the patriot's 3 time outs, they might have had to throw for the first, (barring a great running play). That game was by no means over if the bills had downed the ball. The defense made that fumble happen which is what a good defense does.

I'll tell you where the Bills gave the game away. They gave it away when they started playing 'prevent' with Brady backed up inside the 20 with 5 minutes left. Pressure caused Brady to throw that pick for six. Pressure caused McKelvin to fumble the ball.

Lesson of the Evening: If you pressure Brady, he'll make mistakes. If you sit back and play to prevent the big play, he'll pick you apart with short passes. :yep:

I actually agree with this...Run a Prevent Defense, and Brady will Kill you everytime.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I have always said the only thing a prevent defense prevents is your team winning.

steelreserve
09-16-2009, 01:19 PM
I actually agree with this...Run a Prevent Defense, and Brady will Kill you everytime.

Yeah, that's pretty dead-on. Unless you get in his face, you're going to get picked apart by frustrating bullshit 5-to-12 yard catch and runs all day, with the occasional deep ball if your safeties are too busy jerking off to help out in coverage, which they usually are.

Something about playing the Patriots seems to inspire opposing safeties to jerk off all day. Probably the general gayness that Brady brings to the field. That must be his hidden superpower.

revefsreleets
09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I agree with the prevent in ONE scenario only...when the team behind has the ball with less than 10 seconds to go and needs a FG or TD and/or more than 40 yards to get in FG range or score a TD. Then you rush 3 and stand a bunch of dudes in front of the where they need to be...

That's about it...

BUT, this is beside the point...the fact is the Pats played a shit team at home, and that shit team had to implode for them to pull out the victory. SOME people on this board predicted that the Pats aren't really all that sans cheating, and isn't this just a tiny bit of evidence supporting such a notion?

AllD
09-16-2009, 02:12 PM
The only thing more sickening than the fold by Buffalo were the creepy remarks by the announcers in the booth on how "pretty" Brady's style was. Guys are supposed to say that about Megan Fox, not about other guys in uniform. Mike Tirico should do spots for the Ramrod Sports Bar.

The Patriot
09-16-2009, 02:26 PM
I agree with the prevent in ONE scenario only...when the team behind has the ball with less than 10 seconds to go and needs a FG or TD and/or more than 40 yards to get in FG range or score a TD. Then you rush 3 and stand a bunch of dudes in front of the where they need to be...

That's about it...

BUT, this is beside the point...the fact is the Pats played a shit team at home, and that shit team had to implode for them to pull out the victory. SOME people on this board predicted that the Pats aren't really all that sans cheating, and isn't this just a tiny bit of evidence supporting such a notion?

Sure, if Brady continues to play like this then some element that was formerly there is now clearly missing, but if he improves then, probably, his timing was just off for his first outing in a year. We'll see.

TheWarDen86
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Under dogs Pats gritty win????

Hey bro, shouldn't that read, "Under dogs Pats gimme win????" :noidea:

I'm pretty sure it should. :chuckle:

Sadly though, it'll instead go down as a great Brady comeback. :rolleyes:

steelreserve
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM

In that scenario, I'd recommend a pervert defense.

steelwalls
09-17-2009, 02:34 AM

Nope I seen 1 prevent called and the rest cover 2. Either way the bills were moving the ball they would have won I truely believe that. One bone head play was the difference. And you act like the Cards are scrubs, from what I seen of the Pats the other night the Cards would decimate them.

The Patriot
09-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Nope I seen 1 prevent called and the rest cover 2. Either way the bills were moving the ball they would have won I truely believe that. One bone head play was the difference. And you act like the Cards are scrubs, from what I seen of the Pats the other night the Cards would decimate them.

Really?:laughing: Because they had their chance against Cassel about a month before the super bowl, when we beat the 47-7. :coffee:

revefsreleets
09-17-2009, 10:12 AM
That only accounts for the QB play...what about the other facets of the game where the Pats looked downright mediocre?

The Patriot
09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
That only accounts for the QB play...what about the other facets of the game where the Pats looked downright mediocre?

Perhaps the loss of five veteran defensive starters?

revefsreleets
09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
That's why I said 10-6/11-5, and a divisional playoff loss...

TheWarDen86
09-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Funny story -

Some chuckle-head Patsy fan called into NFL on Sirius yesterday. Solomon Wilcots was on the air. Patsy tried to defend the Patsy defense noting that "if you take away two bad calls on our defense (apparently debatable calls)....".

Solly cut him off with, "Nuh-uh! You can't 'take them away' because they were part of the game! Let's take away Leodis McKelvin's fumble then."

:rofl:

Patsy had little to say after that and I nearly crashed from laughing so hard.
:chuckle:

TheWarDen86
09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Perhaps the loss of five veteran defensive starters?

Yep. You guys are going to resemble the Rams of (not-so) old; All offense, but no defense. But I still think Tom's going to become more familiar with the turf than he has ever been in the past.

The Patriot
09-17-2009, 05:50 PM
That's why I said 10-6/11-5, and a divisional playoff loss...

And I said super bowl, because I trust Belichick will have a better feel for his defense by then. :grin:

HometownGal
09-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Funny story -

Some chuckle-head Patsy fan called into NFL on Sirius yesterday. Solomon Wilcots was on the air. Patsy tried to defend the Patsy defense noting that "if you take away two bad calls on our defense (apparently debatable calls)....".

Solly cut him off with, "Nuh-uh! You can't 'take them away' because they were part of the game! Let's take away Leodis McKelvin's fumble then."

:rofl:

Patsy had little to say after that and I nearly crashed from laughing so hard.
:chuckle:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

That is hilarious! :rofl:

But I still think Tom's going to become more familiar with the turf than he has ever been in the past.

I agree, but unfortunately, the NFL will protect their little pet and the flag will be thrown if a defender even looks at him crooked.

TheWarDen86
09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
And I said super bowl, because I trust Belichick will have a better feel for his defense by then. :grin:

Why? because he has so much in common with them? Like their ages? :chuckle:

Actually, thanks to the departure of Seau, Bruschi, Harrison and Vrabel, the unit actually got younger:

Average age of the Patriot Defense: 28.

DL avg. age: 28.6
LB avg age: 26.5
DB avg age: 28.25

It HAD to be over 30 last year. Probably closer to 32.

Problem is, with mayo out the LB unit stays young, but becomes less experienced and probably less effective (considering their pedestrian performance on Monday WITH Mayo).

"Doomed" I say. Doooooooooomed. :toofunny:

The Patriot
09-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Why? because he has so much in common with them? Like their ages? :chuckle:

Actually, thanks to the departure of Seau, Bruschi, Harrison and Vrabel, the unit actually got younger:

Problem is, with mayo out the LB unit stays young, but becomes less experienced and probably less effective (considering their pedestrian performance on Monday WITH Mayo).

"Doomed" I say. Doooooooooomed. :toofunny:

One week at a time, my friend.

Especially next week against the Jets! With Kerry Rhodes saying that they don't only want to beat the patriots, they want to embarrass them. Will the Jets succeed with the way NE looked against Buffalo? Or get slapped in the face? We'll see! :applaudit::applaudit:

steelreserve
09-18-2009, 02:43 AM

No offense here, but I'd guess the average age of OUR defense is something like DL: 31, LB: 28, DB: 28. Not that that means anything. The difference is that our guys are IMPROVING until that age, but half of the Pats* defense ends up being bargain-basement castoffs who would be backups at the vet minimum on our team.

Anyway, Patriots' D is going to blow, and hopefully at least one of them also gets a DUI this year.

Ishkabibble
09-18-2009, 10:20 AM
The "general gayness" of Brady.

Mind-numbing.

TheWarDen86
09-18-2009, 11:20 AM

Especially next week against the Jets! With Kerry Rhodes saying that they don't only want to beat the patriots, they want to embarrass them. Will the Jets succeed with the way NE looked against Buffalo? Or get slapped in the face? We'll see! :applaudit::applaudit:

It's a Rick James thing to me. "What did the five fingers say to the face?" :chuckle:

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/8199/slap8bv.gif (http://img309.imageshack.us/i/slap8bv.gif/)http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/slap8bv.gif/1/w256.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img249/slap8bv.gif/1/)

revefsreleets
09-18-2009, 12:47 PM
The Super Bowls are over for the Pats...unless Belichick finds some new inventive way to cheat...

TheWarDen86
09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
The Super Bowls are over for the Pats...unless Belichick finds some new inventive way to cheat...

And I said super bowl, because I trust Belichick will have a better idea of how to cheat by then. :grin:

Looks like it's a given Revs. :chuckle:

ricksteelers55
09-19-2009, 02:54 AM
Really?:laughing: Because they had their chance against Cassel about a month before the super bowl, when we beat the 47-7. :coffee:

Well the thing is we all know how bad the Cards are when they are playing in bad weather,so if the super bowl would have been played in Pittsburgh we would have crushed them something like 47-7 too.

beside a 47-7 win in regular season doesnt mean anything,I take a close win in february over a blowout win in december

see you in january

ricksteelers55
09-19-2009, 02:57 AM

Yeah Patriots better not start being profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery,last time they were they looked stupid.

Remember when Burress predicted that they would win 17-10 and Brady said only 10 points ?

yeah he was right you guys scored 4 more points than what Burress predicted....but was still not enough

was that your perfect season ? oh yeah forgot you loss the big one,well you still had a perfect REGULAR season....