View Full Version : Draft Buzz
01-18-2006, 09:03 AM
ESPN has their early 1st round predictions for the Draft . . . they got the Steelers picking Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State? What do you all think? Here is the breakdown they have listed:
1. Houston -- *Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2. New Orleans -- Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Tennessee -- *Vince Young, QB, Texas
4. New York Jets -- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
5. Green Bay -- *Mario Williams, DE, NC State
6. Oakland -- A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State
7. San Francisco -- DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama
8. Buffalo -- *Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
9. Detroit -- Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
10. Arizona -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
11. St. Louis -- *Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
12. Cleveland -- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
13. Baltimore -- Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
14. Philadelphia -- *Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
15. Atlanta -- Michael Huff, DB, Texas
16. Miami -- *Winston Justice, OT, USC
17. Minnesota -- *LenDale White, RB, USC
18. Dallas -- Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech
19. San Diego -- *Ko Simpson, DB, South Carolina
20. Kansas City -- *Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State
21. New England -- Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State
22. Denver (from Wash.) -- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
23. Tampa Bay -- Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
24. Cincinnati -- Claude Wroten, DT, LSU
25. New York Giants -- *Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State
26. Chicago -- *Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
27. Carolina -- *Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
28. Pittsburgh -- *Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State
29. Jacksonville -- Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP
30. Indianapolis -- *Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
31. Denver -- *Darnell Bing, DB, USC
32. Seattle -- *Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
Obviously the order will be a bit different, we will pick last of course :bouncy:
01-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I would think the Jets would trade to get either Leinart or Young considering their QB woes. GB was just crazy about LenDale White, although I am not so sure they would take him that high, maybe trade down for another pick later. Detroit with another QB selection? NE should go for a CB with their secondary. Min and TB should probably be looking for WR's. Chi a WR threat, Jax a WR/TE . . . So what does that leave us?
01-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Here is a seperate one just for converstion, I like this one better as LenDale White would be a great compliment to Parker for a long time.
1. Houston Texans (2-14): +Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2. New Orleans Saints (3-13): Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Tennessee Titans (4-12): D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
4. New York Jets (4-12): +Vince Young, QB, Texas
5. Green Bay Packers (4-12): A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State
6. x-Oakland Raiders (4-12): Demeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama
7. x-San Francisco 49ers (4-12): Jimmy Williams, DC, Virginia Tech
8. Buffalo Bills (5-11): +Haloti Ngata, NT, Oregon
9. Detroit Lions (5-11): Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
10. Arizona Cardinals (5-11): +Mario Williams, DE, N.C. State
11. St. Louis Rams (6-10): +Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
12. Cleveland Browns (6-10): Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
13. Baltimore Ravens (6-10): DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
14. Philadelphia Eagles (6-10): +Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
15. Atlanta Falcons (8-8): Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
16. Miami Dolphins (9-7): Michael Huff, DB, Texas
17. Minnesota Vikings (9-7): +Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
18. Dallas Cowboys (9-7): Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
19. San Diego Chargers (9-7): Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
20. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6): Orien Harris, DT, Miami-Fla.
21. *-New England Patriots (10-6): Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State
22. *-Denver Broncos (10-6): Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
Pick acquired from Washington Redskins
23. *-Carolina Panthers (11-5): Claude Wroten, DT, LSU
24. *-Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5): +Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
25. *-Chicago Bears (11-5): Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
26. *-Cincinnati Bengals (11-5): Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State
27. *-New York Giants (11-5): Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami-Fla.
28. *-Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5): +LenDale White, RB, USC
29. *-Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4): Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville
30. *-Seattle Seahawks (13-3): Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP
31. *-Denver Broncos (13-3): +Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
32. *-Indianapolis Colts (14-2): Eric Winston, OT, Miami-Fla.
Steel - X
01-18-2006, 09:39 AM
I am sad to say I have not followed the draft )yet) as closely as I usually have, that time will come though. But I do not think the Stillers take a DB in the first round. Mel Kiper is never right on these things. Also on your second listing there is NO WAY Ten. pass;s Young if he is available.
01-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Best thing for the Steelers is to go after DB help. Bad thing is that position usually takes 2 years to develope. Pitt also likes the O line, and given our style of offense it makes sense to get 1st round quality. Best move the team can make is to dump Staley ASAP and spend 4 million a year somewhere else. A different free agent or a draft pick at running back.
01-18-2006, 10:48 AM
as soon as the combine starts these will all change... its way too early
01-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Lendale White looks temptingly close for a small move up by the Pats - I cant believe Minnesota will go for yet another RB - how many do they want?
I dont think the Steelers need to look at CB in the arly rounds this year - some of the players may have underachieved at points but they are one of the most talented units in the league - maybe they could pick up a 3rd/4th rounder to come in as a nickel and replace Deshea Townsend.
I can't see White lasting that long. I sure wish Tamba Hali would be there. Imagine a secondary with Polamalu AND Hali. That'd be kinda crazy.
01-18-2006, 03:12 PM
we dont need another CB, we have plenty...
01-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Lendale will play in the Black And Gold when(That is if we win) we pick 32nd.
01-18-2006, 03:33 PM
I think we definitely have to trade up some spots to get Lendale White. I just don't see him being around that long. I know the Packers & Vikings are eying him as well. If it happens, it will be the 4th year in a row we end up with a solid first round pick.
01-18-2006, 04:00 PM
If Jerome retires and Staley is let go, I would rather see the Steelers get more help on the frontlines of both sides of the ball.
While I like Lendale White, drafting him doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There should be some nice FA RBs on the market this year. Another RB that I believe will be on the market is Jonathan Wells of the Texans. He would be a great compliment to Parker and probably be a cheap option to boot. (I could be wrong about him being a free agent though. I'll have to double check)
01-18-2006, 04:42 PM
White will never last that long. I think he would be great. He looks like a slimmer version of The Bus, nimble with power. Our secondary still gets burned too often. Another stud safety would be perfect.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.