PDA

View Full Version : THE STEELERS WILL GO INTO CHICAGO AND WIN IF? (POLL INSIDE)

Steelboy84
09-16-2009, 06:54 PM
It seems to me that our offensive line only blocks when we're in the shotgun. They don't run block well and don't block well when Ben is under center. And when they DO open up a hole, Willie is dancing!

Plus, against the Titans, the play calling for runs was horrific! We had two 2nd and 1s and 3rd and 1s, and what does Arians call for? Two straight runs up the middle with Wilie? Where was Mendenhall on those plays? Why not let HIM try to get that yard? This Arians dude is still pulling the same crap that he did last year, and I'm sick of it!

*sigh* That being said, Timmons may be out again this week and Troy is out at least a month. What will be the most important factor for beating Chicago this Sunday?

Hammer Of The GODS
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Score more points than them!

Steelboy84
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM

You don't say. lol

Psyychoward86
09-16-2009, 07:06 PM
defense.......if you want to talk stats, here's a good one: The Bears are 0-10 without Brian Urlacher in the starting lineup.

Steelboy84
09-16-2009, 07:07 PM
defense.......if you want to talk stats, here's a good one: The Bears are 0-10 without Brian Urlacher in the starting lineup.

Let's hope that's 0-11 after Sunday evening.

steelpride12
09-16-2009, 07:15 PM
After week one I would love to watch the defense settle this game often and early. Looking for 4 sacks and 2 INT's and really rattle the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery kid up!

NJarhead
09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm not worried about Chicago (even without Troy). I think we'll struggle with the run, but do better than last Thursday. I also think our Defense is going to make a big noise. Collectively, I anticipate an ass whoopin for those Bears.

AllD
09-16-2009, 07:28 PM
It seems to me that our offensive line only blocks when we're in the shotgun. They don't run block well and don't block well when Ben is under center. And when they DO open up a hole, Willie is dancing!

Plus, against the Titans, the play calling for runs was horrific! We had two 2nd and 1s and 3rd and 1s, and what does Arians call for? Two straight runs up the middle with Wilie? Where was Mendenhall on those plays? Why not let HIM try to get that yard? This Arians dude is still pulling the same crap that he did last year, and I'm sick of it!

*sigh* That being said, Timmons may be out again this week and Troy is out at least a month. What will be the most important factor for beating Chicago this Sunday?

You mean, "hey diddle-diddle, first down up the middle." That has been around the Steelers since the 1950s. Not exactly a trick play or keeping the defense off-balance.

Christian Snyder
09-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Our defense will win it for us.:tt02::tt:

stillers4me
09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
We will win because we are simply the better team.

lilyoder6
09-16-2009, 08:45 PM
we will see how good our punt coverage will be this week going up against hester....

and the bears still don't have an offense if forte is stopped...

JackHammer
09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
We will win if our D is it's usual self, if Big Ben is his usual self and if the O-line can continue to pass protect. We don't need to have a big night running the ball, but if the Bears decide to sit back and defend the pass instead of loading up the box, we'll have a good night on the ground. I don't expect that to happen though. They're gonna load up the box and make Ben beat have to beat them through the air, which he will(if the o-line can pass protect like they did last week).

Edit: Almost forgot the obvious. Our special teams coverage is gonna have to be on their p's and q's or Hester could be the difference maker in a close game. It sure would be a nice irony to see Logan have a Hester like performance to be the difference maker :tt02:

Sharkissle29
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Let's hope that's 0-11 after Sunday evening.

and we are 1-11 in chicago...should be interesting

HometownGal
09-16-2009, 09:48 PM
With Urlacher out of the lineup, we should have a better shot at gaining some yards on the ground. We need to control the LOS and battle 'em hard in the trenches. :tt02:

tony hipchest
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
if we can bring back the bus to steamroll brian urlacher.

Shoes
09-16-2009, 09:59 PM
if we can bring back the bus to steamroll brian urlacher.

Like this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1TSaKmG2o

devilsdancefloor
09-16-2009, 10:19 PM
i say our team as a whole dominates and arians calls a good game oh wait if we have good play calling it is ben calling the plays....

wootawnee
09-16-2009, 11:15 PM
"Steeler footbal is 60 minutes people......Take style points, and throw them out the window"............

Defense
Defense
Defense
Defense

Steelboy84
09-16-2009, 11:21 PM
"Steeler footbal is 60 minutes people......Take style points, and throw them out the window"............

Defense
Defense
Defense
Defense

Very cool. :tt03:

wootawnee
09-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Like this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1TSaKmG2o

That video cut is some all time, epic footage of any era..........Put it with some Jim Brown clips, Deacon Jones clips, Steel Curtain clips, John Riggins clips, Butkiss clips, and it would fit right.......I wonder if Facienda did a voiuce-over on it.............

MasterOfPuppets
09-17-2009, 12:00 AM
keep 8 in the box to shut down forte, thier receivers are garbage. blitz the hell out of cutler, he'll throw the picks. don't let the TE (olsen) run free in the middle of the field.

Galax Steeler
09-17-2009, 04:45 AM
keep 8 in the box to shut down forte, thier receivers are garbage. blitz the hell out of cutler, he'll throw the picks. don't let the TE (olsen) run free in the middle of the field.

Well said MOP. If we can shut down Forte and force Cutler to throw the ball he will make mistakes and we should have some interceptions come sunday. Hopefully we can find some kind of running game come Sunday as well.

The Lakelander
09-17-2009, 05:19 AM

:drool:

That's an interesting stat.

mmalone
09-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Logan shows Hester a few moves and scores 6..

Defense Rocks Cutler

Bettis pissed of our Offense and we score more than 20.

Were now 2-11 in Chicago

sharkweek
09-17-2009, 06:01 AM
ugh... for the umpteenth time, we can't run the ball because defense play dishonest against it.

We have to come out passing to keep them honest unless the Bears are actually game planning more against our pass.

sharkweek
09-17-2009, 06:06 AM

thank you John Madden

stlrtruck
09-17-2009, 09:20 AM

I love the obvious :rofl: It reminds me of the quote, "We didn't lose the game, we just ran out of time!"

Anyway, I'm going with running the ball. It will be interesting to see how the O-Line performs to create holes but more importantly how the RBs read those blocks.

LVSteelersfan
09-17-2009, 10:35 AM
We just need to win ugly. We are the best team out there at winning ugly. I honestly think it is time for Wallace to bust off a long one for a TD. His speed will eat up that Chicago secondary. Ben just needs to get enough air under it for him to run under it. Ben will make them regret 8 in the box as soon as Ar(head)ians takes the reins off him and quits running useless Parker up the middle. Are all of those Parker backers still throwing out that crap that Willie was leading the league in rushing when he broke his leg as a defense that he is our best back? If he is our best back, we are in for a long season.

Mordax
09-17-2009, 05:05 PM

innnnteresting. very innnnsteresting

:tt02:

markymarc
09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Just let Ben and the offense go hurry up on the Bears. That and Logan gets more yardage in the return game compared to Hester.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2009, 04:08 PM
keep 8 in the box to shut down forte, thier receivers are garbage. blitz the hell out of cutler, he'll throw the picks. don't let the TE (olsen) run free in the middle of the field. well they shut down forte, but they gave them the middle of the field....:doh:

NJarhead
09-21-2009, 04:25 PM
THE STEELERS WILL GO INTO CHICAGO AND WIN IF?

If it doesn't rain? :noidea:

I'm over it. If ever there was a meaningless loss, this is it. Non divisional, non conference, week 2.