PDA

View Full Version : Timmons back at practice

mesaSteeler
09-16-2009, 10:05 PM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Timmons back at practice

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons was back at practice Wednesday in a limited basis as he further tested his sore ankle, pushing forward toward playing Sunday in Chicago.

He did not, however, work in the team portion of the practice.

Getting Timmons back would be huge for the Steelers, who will be playing without strong safety Troy Polamalu.

© Limas Sweed was limited in practice Wednesday with a foot injury.

© Jeff Reed was named the AFC's special teams player of the week for his performance against Tennessee.

© Ben Roethlisberger was a little more open with the media on Wednesday than he usually is.

Roethlisberger usually talks in cliches and gives very short answers as he purposely tries to be bland.

Perhaps his most interesting comment came when asked about the 'Steelers' mentality.

"I think some of it comes from that being what the Steelers always did in the past. I always say you have to keep up with the times. That’s kind of evolving into a passing offense - league wide. People talk about the Steelers and the run game because we want to be physical. When you want to be physical, people assume that’s the run game. But that can mean a lot of different things. I guess you can go all the way back to the ‘70s and we were a grind-it-out team. We’re not that ‘70s team. We’re our own identity and that includes a lot of no-huddle stuff. It’s been good."

Sharkissle29
09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
so did he not re-injure it?

mesaSteeler
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
so did he not re-injure it?

I am a bit confused by this as well. I don't know when Dale Lolley wrote this for his blog. It may have been before the re-injury. I do know that this article was posted around 11:19 pm Eastern time. The Pittsburgh Tribune updates their site at midnight so perhaps we will know more then.

tony hipchest
09-16-2009, 10:31 PM
isnt this a repeat post?

"i dont have time for these twitter/blogger rumors".

:chuckle:

anyways easy ed b. (as opposed to some blogger) has already reported and it has already been posted that timmons aggrivated said injury-

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38983

Fire Haley
09-17-2009, 05:27 AM
FAIL

There's enough real reporting going on -
if you're gonna slap crap articles up - at least read the damn thing first.

Delete this mess.

markymarc
09-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Not good news about Limas Sweed. Could mean McDonald gets to dress for Sunday's game.

tony hipchest
09-17-2009, 06:55 PM
*Twitter Alert!*

http://twitter.com/jimwexell

Timmons practiced and "made great strides," said LeBeau, who added that he's not 100 percent. Timmons agreed.

(disclaimer- that lebeau guy is not to be trusted, nor is he an actual reporter or blogger.)

Preacher
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Well, I got a Steelertext message that Timmons practiced, but was limited. So it seems he did practice... I also remember that it said he just "tweaked" his ankle yesterday.

pancake
09-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I would rather Timmons sit for at least another week. Fox did fine...

Preacher
09-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I would rather Timmons sit for at least another week. Fox did fine...

Again, I agree. Said it over and over the last week or two. I don't want him coming back until he is COMPLETELY ready to go.

mesaSteeler
09-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Timmons at practice again
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_643751.html#
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, September 18, 2009

• Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons practiced for the second consecutive day Thursday in his bid to return to the lineup after missing the opener with a sprained ankle. Timmons increased his workload and shared some first-team reps with Keyaron Fox, who recorded a team-high nine tackles against Tennessee. In Wednesday's practice, Timmons was a limited participant. But his role was expanded yesterday. Timmons was impressive dropping into coverage, batting away a long pass for tight end David Johnson. Asked about Timmons' availability for Sunday's game at Chicago, defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said, "He made great strides today compared to yesterday.''

• Running back Mewelde Moore has played against Chicago's defense more than any current member of the Steelers offense. Moore faced the Bears four times with the Minnesota Vikings. "They've got a great defense; they fly around,'' Moore said yesterday. "Everybody runs to the football -- all 11 of them. Anytime you take a freeze frame of when the ball is down, you see about eight or nine guys in that frame. D-linemen, linebackers, safties, corners all run to the ball, all attack the ball. Their whole focus is the ball. They want the ball, they want it out, and they want it in their hands.''

• Starting center Justin Hartwig is wondering what all the fuss is about regarding the Steelers' running game producing only 36 yards against Tennessee. "We're not throwing anything out the window. We know what we're capable of doing,'' Hartwig said. "We just have to be sharper. We just had little mistakes that are easily correctable.''

• Wide receiver Hines Ward, defensive end Aaron Smith and strong safety Tyrone Carter all practiced yesterday after coach Mike Tomlin held them out Wednesday. Wide receiver Limas Sweed, who left Wednesday's practice with a foot injury, missed his second straight day of practice. In Sweed's absence, rookie Mike Wallace took the No. 3 receiver reps with the first-team. Strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) was the only Steeler who didn't practice.

• Bears starting outside linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa (knee) didn't practice again yesterday because of an injury. Also missing practice for Chicago were tight end Desmond Clark (rib) and cornerback Trumaine McBride (knee). Defensive end Mark Anderson (toe), starting left guard Frank Omiyale (ankle) and safety Danieal Manning (back) were limited in practice because of injuries. Starting defensive tackle Tommie Harris (back), who didn't practice Wednesday, returned to practice yesterday, along with starting safety Al Afalava (shoulder), who was limited Wednesday.

Digits

68 -- Willie Parker's rushing yards against Chicago in 2005.

9 -- Number of career 100-yard rushing games for Parker in September.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

tony hipchest
09-17-2009, 11:58 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18071

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38999

not only did twitter beat you to the punch, but this belongs in a thread you started yesterday (which was already a redundant thread).

:hunch:

SteelC7
09-18-2009, 02:15 AM
sweed wont be playing, and timmons should but hell split time with fox

OX1947
09-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Timmons should take another week off and get to 100%. Do not mess with high ankle sprains, they are a pain to heal from. K. Fox is plenty to fill in, the son of a gun was a tackling machine the entire game.

pancake
09-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Timmons should take another week off and get to 100%. Do not mess with high ankle sprains, they are a pain to heal from. K. Fox is plenty to fill in, the son of a gun was a tackling machine the entire game.

I agree... We need him this year, so he needs to let that ankle heal...

Galax Steeler
09-18-2009, 03:39 AM
Well, I got a Steelertext message that Timmons practiced, but was limited. So it seems he did practice... I also remember that it said he just "tweaked" his ankle yesterday.

I received that message as well. I assume he didn't injure it to bad or he wouldn't be practicing. I would love to see him play this week but only if he is ready to go.

mesaSteeler
09-18-2009, 06:58 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18071

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38999

not only did twitter beat you to the punch, but this belongs in a thread you started yesterday (which was already a redundant thread).

:hunch:

1. No it belongs on it's own thread because it covers other subjects other than Timmions injury.

2. I don't care who posts what first. You can twit yourself as much as want.

3. I don't care what non supporters think. I never did care much for free loaders.

4. Now where is it? I know it's around here somewhere. Ah here it is. The "IGNORE" function. Bye Bye little boy.

tony hipchest
09-18-2009, 09:38 AM
1. No it belongs on it's own thread because it covers other subjects other than Timmions injury.

.i guess the admin did not see it that way. :noidea:

*twitter strikes back!*

http://twitter.com/lawrencetimmons

I will play against the Bears new blog at www.timmons94.com

looks like even LT is getting in on the twitter rumor mongering act. he is not to be trusted. he twits. :rolleyes:

cool blog-

September 18, 2009

I didn’t get to play in last week’s game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week’s game against the Bears in Chicago.

I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I’m taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100% real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I’ll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field.

This will be the first time I have ever played in Soldier Field and I am very interested to see the so-called UFO that landed inside the stadium. I know that a UFO didn’t really land there, but they say it looks like one did.

We have a good game plan for the Bears and we know that they are going to play hard and try and make up for their close loss against the Packers in week one. We know the Bears are going to come in and play a whole lot better than they did last week, plus they will have the home crowd behind them.

Jay Cutler is a real good quarterback and we know that he will be pumped and try to win the game. Jay throwing four picks is highly unusual and he is going to be trying his best to beat us, so we have to be ready to defend him and limit what Cutler and the Bears offense do during the game.

Matt Forte is also a very good runner who runs downhill and can take it to the house at any time so we have to make sure to contain him and not let him get into open space.

We also know that we have to be very good on special teams with Devin Hester returning punts. He can run one back to the house at any time and we have to be ready for him. The Bears have really good special teams so we are going to have to match them.

It was a shame that Brian Urlacher got hurt and is out for the season. In hearing about his injury, it was probably best for him and his future that he is out for the season. A linebacker really needs the use of his wrist and hands to play the position properly.

We had our own defensive leader get injured in week one as well, as I am sure you have all heard. Troy Polamalu hurt his knee, but he works hard and has been making progress and rehabbing his injury. He is a hard worker and I feel that he will be back on the field sooner than most people expect.

He will obviously not be playing this week against the Bears, and I’m sure that we are going to miss him on the field. We will not only miss him for his playing ability but also his leadership skills on the field. He keeps everyone on the defense in line and he is one of the best, if not the best safety in the league.

But just as the Bears are going to have to do without their defensive leader in Urlacher, with Troy out, the backup and the rest of the defense is going to have to step it up and fill in the void.

It should be a great game between two hard-hitting teams that like to play smash mouth football.

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.timmons94.com. Follow him on Twitter @lawrencetimmons.

twitter is dum.

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 09:51 AM
"I will definitely be playing in this week’s game against the Bears in Chicago."

woo-hoo!

did tomlin OK him to say that?

SteelMember
09-18-2009, 10:24 AM
He is a hard worker and I feel that he will be back on the field sooner than most people expect.

So, shouldn't he be a "hard rester" in this case. :chuckle:

and whats this all about?

3. I don't care what non supporters think. I never did care much for free loaders.

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 12:09 PM
mesa is the lord of copy&paste