PDA

View Full Version : Defense Could Have Held Titans to 3 Pts.

SteelerEmpire
09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Troy got hurt. The defense then had some miscommunications on coverage at least twice allowing Titan receivers to get WIDE open "in the same area of the field." I believe the D got thrown off (somehow) and did not YET get fully reorganized after the loss of Troy when the Titans got their 6. Last season, a lot of people said that when we play a "good" team, the D never holds up and we usually lose. I believe that is a step up for this defense in 09 which is being able to stop ANY team's offensive efforts. The Titans had the best record in the NFL last year, and I do believe, with Troy P. still in there, we could have held them to 3 pts...... a substantial improvement from the 31 they put up on us last year. :tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Also on the Titans TD drive, Woodley was out with cramps which lead to the Titans being able to key in on Harrison. I think that was just as big as no Troy.

steelreserve
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Regardless, holding them to 10 points is pretty damn good. Especially when 7 of them came when we didn't have our shit together immediately after the Polamalu injury.

I don't know who says the defense doesn't come through against the good teams. I think the only three games we let people break 20 points were the Giants, Colts and Titans, and all three of them contained some incredibly bad luck -- the Harrison long-snap disaster, the Reggie Wayne lucky-ass deflected ball for a touchdown, and a number of piss-poor interceptions that were either run back for a TD or put them on our doorstep. And most of them still barely broke 20 points. Our defense was good, man.

SteelKid212
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
makes u realize how important our starters are.

sure Coach T always talks about how "The standard of expectation for all 53 men doesn't change." but whaaat a difference they make if they are healthy... compared to when they are not...

ill take the injuries this early on.... because if we want another shot at repeating.... come December EVERYONE MUST BE HEALTHY.

last year was proof of that, :tt03:

Preacher
09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Regardless, holding them to 10 points is pretty damn good. Especially when 7 of them came when we didn't have our shit together immediately after the Polamalu injury.

I don't know who says the defense doesn't come through against the good teams. I think the only three games we let people break 20 points were the Giants, Colts and Titans, and all three of them contained some incredibly bad luck -- the Harrison long-snap disaster, the Reggie Wayne lucky-ass deflected ball for a touchdown, and a number of piss-poor interceptions that were either run back for a TD or put them on our doorstep. And most of them still barely broke 20 points. Our defense was good, man.

We gotta stop agreeing like this. :wink02:

The_WARDen
09-17-2009, 03:32 PM
they still gave up 10 points...cut them all!!

SteelC7
09-17-2009, 04:42 PM
ya we did a great defensive job on the titans, especially since they put up 31 on us last year wen everybody was playing

markymarc
09-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Hell I'm happy the defense only gave up 10 points to the Titans.

Christian Snyder
09-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm happy we only gave up 10 points to the Titans.