PDA

View Full Version : Cowher did it right

SteelersWyo
01-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Bill gave his nod of approval (of sorts) to the officals. I like the way he calmed down the uproar over the calls in the Indy game. Last thing you want are pissed off refs going after your team in this type of game, particularly in Denver where most everyone gets "home towned" by the officals. Denver is notorious for getting calls in thier favor. We don't need to add fuel to the fire.

Livinginthe past
01-18-2006, 12:04 PM
I think everyone will keep a close eye on the officials this weekend for two reasons.

The Steelers defintely got shafted on the Polamalu INT.

Denver has already had a few hometown calls this weekend past - the P.I flag on Asante Samuel was thrown ridiculously late - crowd pressure I would imagine.

NM

nu4everfan15
01-18-2006, 12:06 PM
yep... i just hope the refs are different and they can bring one of the better ones in for this important of a game

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 01:53 PM
phil luckett is retired right? the "coin-flip" ref. the one who gave testaverde a last second td against the seahawks putting the jets in and keeping the seahawks out of the playoffs in the final game of the season. the same luckett who made an openfield tackle on joe horn? i sure hope he doesnt show up in denver.

Sharkissle29
01-18-2006, 04:07 PM
the league really need to keep refs in tack, and not let the bookies take over the NFL. if they blow a huge call, they should be fined