PDA

View Full Version : Appreciate your prayers

Preacher
09-17-2009, 11:42 PM
I posted this in another thread when I realized I was getting a little mouthy with El G. Figured if it was getting to me that much, I should probably ask for some prayers...

Having a bad week... one of my best friends is in Bulgaria. His mother and father have already passed away. Now his aunt Berta just died last night, and I will be doing her funeral. I am learning family secrets I NEVER wanted to know. Furthermore, Berta lived with her daughter and son in law, who has another lady whose daughter died two years ago. She was 14 and died of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. She was hanging on to the back of the boat and basically suffocated herself... her Blood Alc. content was WAY over the limit of drunkeness. I preached that girls funeral and was devastated... I walked into the room last night where the woman was lying, dying, and was confronted with the mother from the worst funeral I ever had to preach--(the daughter was also sexually molested by a wrestling coach 9 months before, and was ran out of town for going to the authorities because the coach was beloved).

So I am acting not only as a minister and a friend to this family, but in many ways, a proxy for one of my best friends in his family. It all makes me miss my friend that much more... on top of everything else.

SO I would appreciate all your prayers.

Galax Steeler
09-18-2009, 05:05 AM
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

stlrtruck
09-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Prayers for you my friend!

Preacher
09-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks to the both of you.

Funeral was today. It was a difficult time, but got through it.

I appreciate it from the both of you.

devilsdancefloor
09-19-2009, 08:13 PM
you will be in my prayers. I hope you receive some comfort soon. It is not only hard for those who have suffered a loss of any kind , but also to those who are helping. Even though you may be big shoulders preach they also can get over burdened with sorrow. My PM box is always open if you need someone to listen to relieve some of that burden of carring so much.

Pittsky
09-19-2009, 08:39 PM
i lost my 14 year old cousin laura a couple years ago in a car accident...boys's were harassing them and they tried getting away from then and got t-boned...ya never know how much u care about someone till their gone...that hit me hard so, i feel your pain...my thoughts and prayers to you preacher.

HometownGal
09-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Sorry I missed this thread earlier. The family and you, Father, will definitely be in my prayers.