PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk some more Jerome Bettis ...

The Lakelander
09-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Jerome, as we all know, retired after the 2005 season ...

In 2005, Bettis recorded the following games ...

Game 5 JAX - 4 carries - 4 yards - 1.00 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 7 BAL - 8 carries - 22 yards - 2.75 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 9 CLE - 9 carries - 28 yards - 3.11 Y/A - 1 TD
Game 10 @BAL - 2 carries - 0 yards - 0.00 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 11 @IND - 6 carries - 9 yards - 1.50 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 12 CIN - 8 carries - 13 yards - 1.63 Y/A - 1 TD
Game 14 @MIN - 9 carries - 16 yards - 1.78 Y/A - 0 TD

Those 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers ranked 1st in the NFL in Attempts and 5th in Rushing Yards. They were a running team ... !!!

Oh, by the way ... the Super Bowl Steelers lost 4 of those games ... JAX, @BAL, @IND, CIN.

In 2004, Bettis recorded the following games ...

Game 1 OAK - 5 carries - 1 yard - 0.20 Y/A - 3 TD
Game 3 @MIA - 7 carries - 12 yards - 1.71 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 4 CIN - 6 carries - 9 yards - 1.50 Y/A - 2 TD
Game 5 CLE - 14 carries - 34 yards - 2.43 Y/A - 1 TD
Game 6 @DAL - 5 carries - 8 yards - 1.60 Y/A - 1 TD

In Bettis' final 2 NFL seasons, he had 12 games just like the this year's Week 1 opener against Tennessee ... you know? ... the game in which he blasted the Steelers rushing attack.

7 of those 12 games were home games at Heinz Field.

Oh, BTW ... the 2004 Pittsburgh Steelers ranked 1st in the NFL in Attempts and 2nd in Rushing Yards ... it seems they too were a running team ... !!!

In 2003, Bettis recorded the following games ...

Game 1 BAL - 4 rushes - 14 yards - 3.50 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 2 @ KAN - 4 rushes 7 yards - 1.75 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 4 TEN - 3 rushes - 6 yards - 2.00 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 5 CLE - 3 rushes - 8 yards - 2.67 Y/A - 1 TD
Game 6 @DEN - 14 rushes - 34 yards - 2.43 Y/A - 1 TD
Game 16 @BAL - 23 rushes - 54 yards - 2.35 Y/A - 0 TD

Let's see ... six (6) rather unproductive games for Bettis in 2003 ...

That's 18 regular season games over a three year stretch that Bettis threw up a bone just like the bone Parker and company threw up last week.

Shall I go on ... ???

In 2002, Bettis recorded the following games ...

Game 3 CLE - 14 rushes - 24 yards - 1.71 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 10 @TEN - 4 rushes - 6 yards - 1.50 Y/A - 0 TD
Game 13 HOU - 14 rushes - 30 yards - 2.14 Y/A - 0 TD

Bettis had 21 career games over his final 4 seasons where he laid an egg in the Steelers running game.

Did anyone proclaim that the Steelers couldn't run the football from 2002 through 2005 on account of those games?

Did anyone accuse the Steelers of not being able to rush the football after Week 1, when Bettis rushed 12 times for a mere 28 yards at Jacksonville ... ???

Did anyone accuse the Steelers of not being able to rush the football after Week 1, when Bettis rushed 9 times for 8 yards at home against Baltimore ... ???

Game 5 @BUF - 13 rushes - 24 yards - 1.85 Y/A - 1 TD
Game 12 @JAX - 12 rushes - 23 yards - 1.92 Y/A - 0 TD

You see ... it happens ... !!! ... real bad rushing games rear their ugly heads once in a while ... in Bettis' case they were fairly regular.

Bettis had six (6) games were he failed to average 3.0 yards per carry.

Bettis had five (5) games were he failed to average 3.0 yard per carry.

All throughout Jerome Bettis' illustrious career he tallied games time amd again where he was stone-walled in the rushing game ...

Did anyone accuse Jerome Bettis of not being able to run the football ... ??? ... EVER ... ???

Hey Jerome ...

STFU ... !!!

Preacher
09-18-2009, 04:23 AM
:popcorn:

Oh this is going to get Goooooood! (Hey Tony H. Grab Poopie Pie Master, sit next to me and pass the pepsi. Let's watch this one together)!

pancake
09-18-2009, 04:40 AM
:popcorn:

Oh this is going to get Goooooood! (Hey Tony H. Grab Poopie Pie Master, sit next to me and pass the pepsi. Let's watch this one together)!

Pass the popcorn... :chuckle:

solardave
09-18-2009, 04:49 AM
All that being said it seems I can only remember him running over Urlacher.LOL

Steeldude
09-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Did anyone accuse Jerome Bettis of not being able to run the football ... ??? ... EVER ... ???

i have

Did anyone proclaim that the Steelers couldn't run the football from 2002 through 2005 on account of those games?

on those games alone? no, but i did say that based on the entire seasons. the steelers O-line has not improved since 2001. the talent pool is low across the O-line. note: the steelers' rushing attack in 2003 was the worst since 1969.

bettis got yards when the O-line gave him a hole. no hole pretty much meant no yards. same can be said for parker(as well as other RBs), but parker did look unusually slow and confused in the game vs. the titans.

IMO, the difference between bettis and parker is consistency in their runs. it seemed like bettis was more consistent as parker was more sporadic.

example:

with bettis the steelers' rushing attack would be something like 3,4,2,5,4,5,3,4,6,3,4...

with parker it was like 1,2,1,8,1,5,1,2,16,2,3...

now i haven't done an in-depth look at it, but to it seemed to go like that.

we'll just have to wait to see how future games this season turn out.

Steelers & I
09-18-2009, 05:25 AM

Those 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers ranked 1st in the NFL in Attempts and 5th in Rushing Yards. They were a running team ... !!!

Oh, by the way ... the Super Bowl Steelers lost 4 of those games ... JAX, @BAL, @IND, CIN.

In Bettis' final 2 NFL seasons, he had 12 games just like the this year's Week 1 opener against Tennessee ... you know? ... the game in which he blasted the Steelers rushing attack.

Oh, BTW ... the 2004 Pittsburgh Steelers ranked 1st in the NFL in Attempts and 2nd in Rushing Yards ... it seems they too were a running team ... !!!

That's 18 regular season games over a three year stretch that Bettis threw up a bone just like the bone Parker and company threw up last week.

Shall I go on ... ???

Bettis had 21 career games over his final 4 seasons where he laid an egg in the Steelers running game.

Did anyone accuse the Steelers of not being able to rush the football after Week 1, when Bettis rushed 12 times for a mere 28 yards at Jacksonville ... ???

Did anyone accuse the Steelers of not being able to rush the football after Week 1, when Bettis rushed 9 times for 8 yards at home against Baltimore ... ???

You see ... it happens ... !!! ... real bad rushing games rear their ugly heads once in a while ... in Bettis' case they were fairly regular.

All throughout Jerome Bettis' illustrious career he tallied games time amd again where he was stone-walled in the rushing game ...

Hey Jerome ...

STFU ... !!!

Nice research Lakelander, :thumbsup:

I wasn't a big Bettis fan and your numbers show why. Sure, Bettis had a couple of good seasons with the Steelers but other than that, he was consistently stopped in the backfield by defenders merely slapping the top of his foot. If he didn't get at least 2 steps foward, he was easy to bring down. Did I already mention that I was not a big fan of the fat bastage? Go find yourself a double whopper Jerome and stuff it down your fat throat. No one cares what you have to say including the NBC Football Night in America executives. :wave:

4xSBChamps
09-18-2009, 06:17 AM
..... Bettis had a couple of good seasons with the Steelers but other than that, he was consistently stopped in the backfield by defenders merely slapping the top of his foot.....

Did I already mention that I was not a big fan of the fat bastage?

By-definition, first-ballot Hall-of-Fame running-backs don't get 'consistently stopped in the backfield' after 'a couple of good seasons'

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BettJe00.htm?redir

a 13-year career, playing in 192 of 208 possible games (despite a battering-ram style), averaging 18+ carries a game, and just-under 4 yards per carry, 71+ yards-per-game, a touchdown almost every-other game, a low fumble-to-carry ratio, a team-player who motivated both the offense AND the defense with his style of play:
yep, that guy was a turd..... I bet there are only 32 coaches in the NFL today who'd want a 'fat bastage' like that on their team
:banging:

Mots
09-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Interesting data, Lakelander, I did not know that from a statistics point of view he didn't perform better in his last year.

Still, I have to wonder what's with this Bettis bashing? Just because of what he wrote recently? The guy works in journalism now, he HAS to pretend to have a strong opinion, otherwise nobody would give a damn about what he writes.

I remember always being excited when he played, especially in the last two quarters of a game, when the opposing defense was tired and he rammed into them with his punishing style.

I don't care about statistics, statistic-wise the Steelers should not have won their last two Superbowls (6th seed in 2005; bad O-line in 2008, blablabla) but guess what? They did! There are just so many intangibles in this game and especially with a guy like Bettis who in my opinion always played his guts out.

I have to agree with 4xSBChamps here, give Bettis some credit, I think he deserves it.

Steelers & I
09-18-2009, 06:46 AM
By-definition, first-ballot Hall-of-Fame running-backs don't get 'consistently stopped in the backfield' after 'a couple of good seasons'

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BettJe00.htm?redir

a 13-year career, playing in 192 of 208 possible games (despite a battering-ram style), averaging 18+ carries a game, and just-under 4 yards per carry, 71+ yards-per-game, a touchdown almost every-other game, a low fumble-to-carry ratio, a team-player who motivated both the offense AND the defense with his style of play:
yep, that guy was a turd..... I bet there are only 32 coaches in the NFL today who'd want a 'fat bastage' like that on their team
:banging:

I don't need to see your effing numbers. I watched every Steelers game during his tenure and with the exception of a few seasons, I didn't care a bit for him. Do your damn numbers change that? HELL NO! To each his own pal, to each his own. You apparently liked Bettis as a player, fine, I didn't.

The numbers say that Emmit Smiff is the best of all time. Hell, I don't have Smiff in my top 20 so numbers mean nothing to me. With that mammoth offensive line creating mammoth holes, Ironside could have wheeled his way to a few 1000 yard rushing seasons with those Cowboys.

JackHammer
09-18-2009, 07:19 AM

Are you being sarcastic? You seriously don't remember all of the people calling him fat, slow, out of shape, and washed up???? I sure do. Also, Bettis never made this a comparison between himself and any of our running backs, so why do you feel the need to? Does it make any of his arguments less relevant? No. As much as I disagree with him, I don't see how pointing out games in the past where he was "stone-walled" refutes any of his arguments. Attack the argument, not the arguer. Emotional responses are pointless.

Now as far as the stats go.... The 2003 Steelers were not a running team. You didn't forget about the Maddox experiment already did you? They had 446 rushing attempts and 532 pass attempts, by design. The 2005 Steelers team had 549 rushing attempts and 379 pass attempts, by design. That's a HUGE difference philosophically and that has a lot to do with Bettis'(and all of the RB's of that time) numbers from those years.

Then there's Bettis numbers from 2005. How do you expect a short yardage/goal-line, non-feature power-back to get a high avg ypc????? He only had four games with 10 or more carries and averaged over 4 ypc in 3 of them, and 5.9 ypc in one of them. He also had 6 TD's in those 4 games. If anything, 3.3 ypc that year was good for someone who got the ball on plays designed to gain a first down in 3rd/4th and short, and in goal-line situations where there just isn't much room to run. Edit: Almost forgot to add that Bettis had 9 TD's in 12 games played, compared to Parker's 4 TD's in 15 games played. Of course I know you'll say it's because we gave it to Bettis in most of our goal situations, which is true, but they wouldn't have if Parker was the least bit effective in that situation.

None of that even takes into account the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME BETTIS STEPPED ON THE FIELD EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM KNEW WE WERE GOING TO RUN THE BALL. To top it off, this was the final year in the career of one of the most physical RB's in the history of the NFL. Do you think he might been just a little banged up at that point???? You're stats seem like a good argument until you put them in context and realize that they're cherry picked.

The Lakelander
09-18-2009, 08:02 AM
You're stats seem like a good argument until you put them in context and realize that they're cherry picked.

Jack. my point was that you can not base an entire season on one bad game.

That was my point.

If anybody should realize that fact, it is Jerome Bettis who, in the 2000 and 2001 seasons, started his seasons in the exact same way that Parker did last week.

Was anyone panicking in 2000 and 2001 about our running attack?

Jack?

Were you panicking?

Look at how many time in Jerome's career he had games like that Jack .... don't give me this bullshit that the info was cherry picked. I went back through his entire career. He had many many games (including in his prime) where he was stone-walled in the rushing game.

For Bettis to slam the Steelers in the way he did ... ??? ... it's not mere journalism right there ... uhnt uh ... it's real piss poor journalism.

They are the Super Bowl Champs. They have earned the right for fair reporting beyond one freaking football game .... one which they looked pretty damn good in a a lot of other areas of their game.

I saw (and the Steelers coaches confirmed) a very solid pass-blocking effort by our starting five last week against a damn good defensive front seven. Ben had all day long to pick apart that defense. It was entirely impressive!

It was our "pass blocking" that had practically every Steelers fan up in arms last season on into this camp and pre-season.

I'm sick of the infintile mindset that says the Steelers have to play perfect football every week and run it down the throats of their opponents .... BULLSHIT!

Ben Roehtlisberger has shown time and again that the new Pittsburgh Steelers have more than just one way to skin a cat.

We don't need to be a great rushing team any more to instill our will on other teams. The Titans defense was sucking wind late in that game on Thursday!

Men of Steel
09-18-2009, 10:43 AM
regardless of what anyones says... bettis helpd with the short yardage situation like no one ever could!!!

with the exeption of that "once in a blue moon" fumble against Indy in the AFC CG..... he was KEY in scoring touchdowns in the goaline and converting on short yardage....

you peple can hate all u want.... but given our current
"short yardage" running game PROBLEM... id take a jerome bettis right about now. :noidea:

fansince'76
09-18-2009, 10:55 AM
regardless of what anyones says... bettis helpd with the short yardage situation like no one ever could!!!

with the exeption of that "once in a blue moon" fumble against Indy in the AFC CG..... he was KEY in scoring touchdowns in the goaline and converting on short yardage....

And the 4th-and-1 in the '04 AFCCG against the Pats* when they were ahead 3-0, where he not only got stoned, but fumbled the ball away as well, only to have the Mighty Metrosexual heave a 60-yard bomb for a TD and a 10-0 lead on the very next play....

simonsfs30
09-18-2009, 11:12 AM
You should never said shit about your brothers, man ward cried cause they wanted to give YOU BETTIS a SB,maan stay out of journalism if u are asked to talk shit about ur ex-teammates. You have to be objective, be objective with other teams, no say shit about the steelers.

agree with lakelander, just one game against a great Tenn D, we will get better

SteelMember
09-18-2009, 11:34 AM
"Jerome Bettis, Jerome Bettis...He ain't no head of lettuce." :noidea:

4xSBChamps
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't need to see your effing numbers. I watched every Steelers game during his tenure and with the exception of a few seasons, I didn't care a bit for him.

you're letting a dislike for Bettis cloud your judgement of what he accomplished on the field, and brought to the team:
re-read your previous post, shown below, and tell me your opinion isn't jaded?

..... Bettis had a couple of good seasons with the Steelers but other than that, he was consistently stopped in the backfield by defenders merely slapping the top of his foot.....

:noidea:

Do your damn numbers change that? HELL NO! To each his own pal, to each his own.

Does your baseless assertion that Bettis was often 'consistently stopped in the backfield by defenders merely slapping the top of his foot' mean that you have a clue about the game.....
not-necessarily, and to-each their-own, but I ain't gotta listen to somebody who obviously wouldn't know the difference between crap & apple-butter, even-after having conducted a taste-test.....

..... 'pal'
:poop:

SteelersMongol
09-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow. U guys R just wrong. The man was more than just a running back 4 us. & he is NFL's current 5th best running back & U guys still can take a time 2 complain about how "bad" he was when he played 4 us & all that? WOW.

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 12:23 PM
PPG poll

Was Jerome Bettis wrong for ripping on the Steelers, in particular Willie Parker and the offensive line?

A.
Yes - 91 (18%)

B.
No - 405 (82%)

BlastFurnace
09-18-2009, 12:37 PM
And the 4th-and-1 in the '04 AFCCG against the Pats* when they were ahead 3-0, where he not only got stoned, but fumbled the ball away as well, only to have the Mighty Metrosexual heave a 60-yard bomb for a TD and a 10-0 lead on the very next play....

Exactly. He fumbled against the Jets in the playoffs the previous game....and who can ever forget the Indy playoff game.

Bettis was a great back, but he was not always perfect when it came to short yardage plays in big situations.

sherlock
09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Bloody Hell!
I`m new to the Steelers but from what I`ve read and film I`ve watched I`ve taken as a given that when talking about Steeler legends you include the teams of the 70`s but also Jerome Bettis.
Now I`m not sure:noidea:
Yours,
Confused!

stlrtruck
09-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Again, what are we up in arms about?

Bettis was a Steeler and he was good for our team and although he wasn't perfect, he made contributions that brought this team their 5th Super Bowl. What is he now? He's media! Have we ever given a rat's arse what the media types have said about our team - factual or not!

At this point, as much as I love Bettis, he's view points are irrelevant to me as a fan. It won't make me stop going to his restaurant and it won't make me change my opinion about him as a Steelers.

As for his current job, all I can say is, "At least he's not Chris Collinsworth!!!!!"

steelreserve
09-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Here, let me help you with that and then we'll see what the REAL story is...

(Parker: 21 carries, 55 yards)
(Parker: 14 carries, 63 yards)
(Staley: 17/64, Haynes: 9/41)
(Parker: 18 carries, 59 yards)
(Parker, Kreider, Staley: 16 carries, 56 yards)
(Parker: 15 carries, 71 yards)
(Parker: 14/81, Haynes: 9/36)

(Staley: 24 carries, 91 yards)
(Staley: 22 carries, 101 yards)
(Staley: 25 carries, 123 yards)
(Staley: 21 carries, 131 yards)
(Staley: 18 carries, 93 yards)

(Zereoue: 15/56, Haynes: 11/18)
(Zereoue: 11 carries, 48 yards)
(Zereoue: 18 carries, 51 yards)
(Zereoue: 13 carries, 38 yards)
(Zereoue: 10 carries, 15 yards, subbed out mid-game and benched for rest of year)
(last game of 6-10 season)

Shall I go on ... ???

(15 rushes all game; Maddox/Stewart: 45 pass attempts, 312 yards)
(Zereoue: 11 carries, 69 yards)

So basically, all you've proven is that Bettis was not the starting running back. In virtually all of those games, he was a situational back and probably came in mostly to pick up 3rd-and-1 against 11 in the box. Hell, in a lot of the games, you'd probably say our overall rushing attack was effective.

Talk about cherry-picking only the stats that support your argument. I mean, you're ignoring 100-yard games here. I could really care less what Bettis' numbers looked like when he touched the ball 4 times; it doesn't tell you anything. Looking at the real stats from when he actually figured in the gameplan, it looks like Bettis had a couple of bad games a season. Oh well.

A couple of things this DOES prove: 1) Man, did Zereoue suck. I'd almost forgotten how badly that went. 2) It helps immensely when you have some semblance of a rotation. Look at the games from those same seasons when the rushing attack DID fire on all cylinders, and it'd be more along the lines of Parker 20 carries, 100 yards and someone else 10 carries, 50 yards.

Anyway, you'll probably try to spin this so your argument lands on its feet, but at this point there's really no floor.

Christian Snyder
09-18-2009, 03:58 PM

you peple can hate all u want.... but given our current
"short yardage" running game PROBLEM... id take a jerome bettis right about now. :noidea:
Well said.

Preacher
09-18-2009, 05:20 PM
:popcorn: This is pretty good. Someone pass me the salt please!

steelreserve
09-18-2009, 05:45 PM
salt? How about instead, I pass you the http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/capt_taco/parker-sucks-sign-1.jpg

god, it's hard to resist using that.

Shoes
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM

Shall I go on ... ???

Hey Jerome ...

STFU ... !!!

Maybe we can get someone to put these stats on Jerome's teleprompter :chuckle::chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
09-18-2009, 07:29 PM
did you ever think that he is trying to motivate our RB and not sound like a homer? Anyway you can bash on the bus all you want he had valid points. Letsn talkl about this after the bears game when we have a 100+ yard rusher

sharkweek
09-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Here, let me help you with that and then we'll see what the REAL story is...

So basically, all you've proven is that Bettis was not the starting running back. In virtually all of those games, he was a situational back and probably came in mostly to pick up 3rd-and-1 against 11 in the box. Hell, in a lot of the games, you'd probably say our overall rushing attack was effective.

Talk about cherry-picking only the stats that support your argument. I mean, you're ignoring 100-yard games here. I could really care less what Bettis' numbers looked like when he touched the ball 4 times; it doesn't tell you anything. Looking at the real stats from when he actually figured in the gameplan, it looks like Bettis had a couple of bad games a season. Oh well.

A couple of things this DOES prove: 1) Man, did Zereoue suck. I'd almost forgotten how badly that went. 2) It helps immensely when you have some semblance of a rotation. Look at the games from those same seasons when the rushing attack DID fire on all cylinders, and it'd be more along the lines of Parker 20 carries, 100 yards and someone else 10 carries, 50 yards.

Anyway, you'll probably try to spin this so your argument lands on its feet, but at this point there's really no floor.

I miss the combo of Staley and Bettis...(with Parker as a 3rd) We were on such a roll before Staley got injured against the Pats in the regular season, I would have loved to see what we could have done that season, perhaps we wouldn't have lost that AFCCG.

Preacher
09-18-2009, 08:12 PM
salt? How about instead, I pass you the http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/capt_taco/parker-sucks-sign-1.jpg

god, it's hard to resist using that.

Not as much as Jerome did I guess?!?! :laughing:

Aussie_steeler
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
The numbers say that Emmit Smiff is the best of all time. Hell, I don't have Smiff in my top 20 so numbers mean nothing to me. With that mammoth offensive line creating mammoth holes, Ironside could have wheeled his way to a few 1000 yard rushing seasons with those Cowboys.

That sounds like a really good possibility for a thread in the NFL section. I would love to see the debate ( and participate) that could possibly emerge from that topic.

I would love to see your top 20 Steelers & I . I have only been a serious NFL fan since 1993 so my top 20 would not be very deep (historically).

I must say that Jerome has rated pretty well in my eyes compared to some of the other backs who have been on the roster over my years as a fan. I still am a Barry Foster fan.

:drink:

Justin Otstott
09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I wow...I am shocked after looking at those stats! Still love the Bus no matter what!

steelreserve
09-20-2009, 01:35 AM
I miss the combo of Staley and Bettis...(with Parker as a 3rd) We were on such a roll before Staley got injured against the Pats in the regular season, I would have loved to see what we could have done that season, perhaps we wouldn't have lost that AFCCG.

You know, every time I'm reminded of the Staley fisaco, it still pisses me off. If he'd just been the RB he was supposed to be when we signed him, none of this shit would be happening right now. He'd be handling the everyday duties and the tough yards, Parker would be coming in for bursts and probably doing well, and the running game would probably be pretty damn effective. I wouldn't even be saying Parker sucks, because he wouldn't suck if we could use him the right way.

Yeah ... if that was the case, Duce would probably be winding down his career about now, Parker would probably be taking over the "more often" role like in 2005 (and probably wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked so much along the way), and Mendenhall or someone like that would be the understudy. Seems like that would work a lot better then whatever the hell we're doing now.

I know, I know. A million what-ifs, but one can always dream. Fricking Duce and his sweatshirt modeling.

Steely McSmash
09-20-2009, 02:00 AM
did you ever think that he is trying to motivate our RB and not sound like a homer? Anyway you can bash on the bus all you want he had valid points. Letsn talkl about this after the bears game when we have a 100+ yard rusher

sweet avatar!

Preacher
09-20-2009, 04:02 AM
You know, every time I'm reminded of the Staley fisaco, it still pisses me off. If he'd just been the RB he was supposed to be when we signed him, none of this shit would be happening right now. He'd be handling the everyday duties and the tough yards, Parker would be coming in for bursts and probably doing well, and the running game would probably be pretty damn effective. I wouldn't even be saying Parker sucks, because he wouldn't suck if we could use him the right way.

Yeah ... if that was the case, Duce would probably be winding down his career about now, Parker would probably be taking over the "more often" role like in 2005 (and probably wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked so much along the way), and Mendenhall or someone like that would be the understudy. Seems like that would work a lot better then whatever the hell we're doing now.

I know, I know. A million what-ifs, but one can always dream. Fricking Duce and his sweatshirt modeling.

Well, it isn't duce as much as the cheeting Patriots that got to his leg in the bottom of a pile if I remember right.

steelreserve
09-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Well, it isn't duce as much as the cheeting Patriots that got to his leg in the bottom of a pile if I remember right.

You know, all these years I had just chalked it up to a regular injury that nagged him for way too long because he was a little bitch. But you're right -- he played in the game against the Patriots, and after that he was never the same. I will bet you $100 that if you look at the tapes in slow motion, you'll find Tedy Bruschi making a tackle and injecting Staley with catabolic steroids, and Rodney Harrison injecting him with AIDS, and then later in the locker room, Belichick giving Staley the cure for AIDS and unlimited cheeseburgers in exchange for faking an injury for the next two years and never telling anyone. And also, I think there's footage of Tom Brady sucking off five Brazilian guys in a row in front of a crowd of onlookers during his "bachelor party," and Goodell was the cameraman.

I mean, come on. Do you actually think all that hype over the tapes was because of Spygate? These are the tapes that Goodell REALLY destroyed.

The Lakelander
09-20-2009, 05:33 AM
:laughing:

Speaking of Brady, did anyone else notice how he was dressed for his presser this week? His modeling career after football is going to be a real hit with the GQ crowd. :chuckle:

Preacher
09-20-2009, 11:31 AM
You know, all these years I had just chalked it up to a regular injury that nagged him for way too long because he was a little bitch. But you're right -- he played in the game against the Patriots, and after that he was never the same. I will bet you $100 that if you look at the tapes in slow motion, you'll find Tedy Bruschi making a tackle and injecting Staley with catabolic steroids, and Rodney Harrison injecting him with AIDS, and then later in the locker room, Belichick giving Staley the cure for AIDS and unlimited cheeseburgers in exchange for faking an injury for the next two years and never telling anyone. And also, I think there's footage of Tom Brady sucking off five Brazilian guys in a row in front of a crowd of onlookers during his "bachelor party," and Goodell was the cameraman.

I mean, come on. Do you actually think all that hype over the tapes was because of Spygate? These are the tapes that Goodell REALLY destroyed.

:chuckle:

No, I mean that first year. After that, he simply lost his spot.