PDA

View Full Version : Timmons said he will definitely play Sunday against the Bears

Steelboy84
09-18-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_643814.html

By Kevin Gorman, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, September 18, 2009
Last updated: 9:59 am

Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who missed the season opener against the Tennessee Titans with an ankle injury, said he will "definitely be playing" against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Timmons, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2007, announced his availability today on Twitter and in his blog.

"I didn't get to play in last week's game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week's game against the Bears in Chicago," Timmons wrote on the blog. "I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I'm taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100 (percent) real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I'll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field."

Keyaron Fox started for Timmons in the 13-10 overtime victory over the Titans.

What do you think?

Steel Head
09-18-2009, 10:23 AM
What do you think?

I think they should limit his playing time and use him like they did last year

Let Fox start, bring in Timmons on 3rd downs and passing situations

SteelMember
09-18-2009, 10:28 AM
"I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I’m taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100% real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I’ll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field. "

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=661612&postcount=18

Sharkissle29
09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
for some reason i knew that tweaked ankle thing was bs

RoethlisBURGHer
09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I hope he's healthy, I only want him out there is he's healthy enough to contribute to the defense and not be a hinder it.

Steel Head
09-18-2009, 12:12 PM
for some reason i knew that tweaked ankle thing was bs

he might have just felt a little discomfort

from what i read, he didn't do a full practice on Wednesday but did yesterday so he should be fine

NJarhead
09-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Considering the "high ankle sprains need time" argument (which I happen to agree with), this may not necessarily be a good thing.

But, only TImmons knows if Timmons is right and ready.

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I thought players weren't allowed to talk about their injuries?

steelreserve
09-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Well, if he's really back to normal, let him play. If he's struggling, we've got a good backup, so the only thing I'd worry about is leaving him out there too long.

stlrtruck
09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
I say use him sparingly, as needed, but definitely not the entire game. Get yourself healthy, we'll need you down the stretch more so than up front.

No need to rush yourself back only to miss 4-5 games down the stretch and in to the playoffs.

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
The latest

Sweed out for Sunday's Steelers game

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Wide receiver Limas Sweed did not practice for the second day in a row and will not play Sunday against the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field.

Veteran Shaun McDonald, who did not dress for the season-opening victory against Tennessee, will serve as the No. 4 receiver. McDonald, though, will play in some of the packages as the No. 3 receiver -- a role in which Sweed has been rotating with rookie Mike Wallace.

Also, ILB Lawrence Timmons practiced for the third day in a row and the possibility of him starting against the Bears has not been ruled out. Either way, Timmons will play against the Bears, even if Keyaron Fox starts for the second game in a row.

Steelman16
09-18-2009, 02:17 PM
What's ailing Sweed?

Put Timmons in on third down situations or the dime packages. No need for him to try to play Larry Foote on a not completely ankle.

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Sweed - mid-foot sprain - or so they tell us.

Steelboy84
09-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I say use him sparingly, as needed, but definitely not the entire game. Get yourself healthy, we'll need you down the stretch more so than up front.

No need to rush yourself back only to miss 4-5 games down the stretch and in to the playoffs.

I agree.

Steelboy84
09-18-2009, 02:45 PM
The latest

Sweed out for Sunday's Steelers game

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Wide receiver Limas Sweed did not practice for the second day in a row and will not play Sunday against the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field.

Veteran Shaun McDonald, who did not dress for the season-opening victory against Tennessee, will serve as the No. 4 receiver. McDonald, though, will play in some of the packages as the No. 3 receiver -- a role in which Sweed has been rotating with rookie Mike Wallace.

Also, ILB Lawrence Timmons practiced for the third day in a row and the possibility of him starting against the Bears has not been ruled out. Either way, Timmons will play against the Bears, even if Keyaron Fox starts for the second game in a row.

Mike Wallace will step up for us.

simonsfs30
09-18-2009, 04:40 PM
TIMMONS BLOG

I didn’t get to play in last week’s game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week’s game against the Bears in Chicago.

I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I’m taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100% real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I’ll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field.

This will be the first time I have ever played in Soldier Field and I am very interested to see the so-called UFO that landed inside the stadium. I know that a UFO didn’t really land there, but they say it looks like one did.

We have a good game plan for the Bears and we know that they are going to play hard and try and make up for their close loss against the Packers in week one. We know the Bears are going to come in and play a whole lot better than they did last week, plus they will have the home crowd behind them.

Jay Cutler is a real good quarterback and we know that he will be pumped and try to win the game. Jay throwing four picks is highly unusual and he is going to be trying his best to beat us, so we have to be ready to defend him and limit what Cutler and the Bears offense do during the game.

Matt Forte is also a very good runner who runs downhill and can take it to the house at any time so we have to make sure to contain him and not let him get into open space.

We also know that we have to be very good on special teams with Devin Hester returning punts. He can run one back to the house at any time and we have to be ready for him. The Bears have really good special teams so we are going to have to match them.

It was a shame that Brian Urlacher got hurt and is out for the season. In hearing about his injury, it was probably best for him and his future that he is out for the season. A linebacker really needs the use of his wrist and hands to play the position properly.

We had our own defensive leader get injured in week one as well, as I am sure you have all heard. Troy Polamalu hurt his knee, but he works hard and has been making progress and rehabbing his injury. He is a hard worker and I feel that he will be back on the field sooner than most people expect.

He will obviously not be playing this week against the Bears, and I’m sure that we are going to miss him on the field. We will not only miss him for his playing ability but also his leadership skills on the field. He keeps everyone on the defense in line and he is one of the best, if not the best safety in the league.

But just as the Bears are going to have to do without their defensive leader in Urlacher, with Troy out, the backup and the rest of the defense is going to have to step it up and fill in the void.

It should be a great game between two hard-hitting teams that like to play smash mouth football.

CPanther95
09-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I thought players weren't allowed to talk about their injuries?

Don't think there's any league mandate - but if you want to push for it, I'm sure the Jets would support it.

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Don't think there's any league mandate - but if you want to push for it, I'm sure the Jets would support it.

Maybe "allowed" isn't the right word - I thought I saw something once about players not supposed to use twitter/blogs to leak injury news - I thought it was Tomlim that said it, but it could have been another team's coach

Fire Haley
09-19-2009, 06:15 AM
Mike Wallace will step up for us.

He's in a position to lock down the #3 for awhile if he has a good game.

Good for him.

Galax Steeler
09-19-2009, 06:34 AM
It is good to hear that Timmons is coming back. I just hope that he is healthy and don't reagervate his injury. We will see if he can stuff the run like Foote did going against Forte won't be no easy task.

Fire Haley
09-19-2009, 02:53 PM
It is good to hear that Timmons is coming back. I just hope that he is healthy and don't reagervate his injury. We will see if he can stuff the run like Foote did going against Forte won't be no easy task.

I'll bet you a beer Fox starts and Timmons plays in the nickle.

markymarc
09-19-2009, 03:11 PM
This is great news to get Timmons back tomorrow. Anything to make our defense even stronger.

Fire Haley
09-19-2009, 04:18 PM
This is great news to get Timmons back tomorrow. Anything to make our defense even stronger.

That was my answer.

steelpride12
09-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Im telling you now if he makes any wrong moves he is gonna hurt that ankle bad and be out for a long time. I hope he is not played as much.

markymarc
09-19-2009, 10:21 PM
That was my answer.

Well since it was such a good answer I decided to duplicate it :wink02:

pancake
09-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I wish they would rest him one more week...

The Lakelander
09-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Sit the guy for another week and let him heal to 100%. If we lose this guy right now it would be a uncool.