PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Busted for Misleading, Race-Baiting

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OfGF-wI6KUw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OfGF-wI6KUw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

43Hitman
09-18-2009, 02:00 PM
But we are nothing but neocons..yeah right..(pun intended)

The Patriot
09-18-2009, 02:44 PM
MSNBC is stupid then, because it's still inappropriate to bring an automatic weapon to a peaceful political rally regardless of what color you are and even if the law permits you to.

SteelerEmpire
09-18-2009, 02:51 PM
You can bet there were snipers beamed in on the heads of these guys with guns and plan clothes policeman standing near them..... waiting for an opportunity for one of them to unstrap the gun from its holster.... :chuckle:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
09-18-2009, 05:15 PM
MSNBC is stupid then, because it's still inappropriate to bring an automatic weapon to a peaceful political rally regardless of what color you are and even if the law permits you to.

It may be "inappropriate", but it is perfectly legal. Arizona is an "open-carry" state, which means anyone legally allowed to have a firearm can carry it in public as long as it's visible. A permit is required if the weapon is carried concealed.

Preacher
09-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Sad.

1. This was not an automatic weapon. Automatic weapons are illegal unless you have a license, which costs upwards of $9000.00 dollars. This was a semi-automatic weapon.

2. Inappropriate according to whose standards? Yours? Why do you think you can put your cultural norms on other people? Funny, that same question has been asked of me numerous times... by the people who are on your side of the aisle.

7SteelGal43
09-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Yeah, and one other aspect of the story you might not have picked up on, Patriot. MSNBC misled, and race-baited. . Oh wait :doh: that was the point the video/thread. Of course you noticed that :thmbup:

Vincent
09-18-2009, 06:43 PM
MSNBC is stupid

Something we all can agree on.

because it's still inappropriate to bring an automatic weapon to a peaceful political rally regardless of what color you are and even if the law permits you to.

As the Preacher pointed out, it was a semi. Although you can't really tell by outward appearances. Now if I saw, in these race-baited times we live in, an African American man carrying a "military style" "assault rifle" at a town hall meeting, I'd run home and get mine.

http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/97a45-redneck.jpg

For balance. :rofl:

Leftoverhard
09-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah, the mainstream news is more and more like gossipy tabloid sensationalism all the time. Fox leads the pack. NBC is also rediculous. Really bad reporting, they just want ratings.I say boycott all the junk.

The real story, the newsworthy story, is: Why the hell are people showing up to political demonstrations with guns all the sudden? Not cool at all. Not just stupid but dangerous. Open carry is dangerous in general.

Leftoverhard
09-18-2009, 06:58 PM
And since we have the right to bear arms, somebody will inevitably show up with one of these...To really balance it out.

http://www.utahwildernessatlas.net/images/kos/b-61-11.jpg

Vincent
09-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Open carry is dangerous in general.

Quite to the contrary.

If armed Virginia Tech students had seen this loon coming...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OWjKTP--OTI/Riajcu_SRFI/AAAAAAAABIU/yINqW2k2af4/s400/capt.63fb0831cbe0429fbcbf7ecb1877b0f2.virginia_tec h_shooting_ny128.jpg

the outcome would have been decidedly different. They'd have dropped his ass like a bad habit.

MACH1
09-18-2009, 08:20 PM
The real story, the newsworthy story, is: (A) Why the hell are people showing up to political demonstrations with guns all the sudden? Not cool at all. Not just stupid but dangerous. (B) Open carry is dangerous in general.

A. Its their right. Because they can!
B. Only if your a tard and don't know how to use it safely.

Leftoverhard
09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Quite to the contrary.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OWjKTP--OTI/Riajcu_SRFI/AAAAAAAABIU/yINqW2k2af4/s400/capt.63fb0831cbe0429fbcbf7ecb1877b0f2.virginia_tec h_shooting_ny128.jpg

the outcome would have been decidedly different. They'd have dropped his ass like a bad habit.

Uh, that guy looks just like the guys who openly pack. You made my point. Imagine if everyone was walking around looking like that.

7SteelGal43
09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Quite to the contrary.

Ya damn right !!!!

Leftoverhard
09-18-2009, 10:09 PM
A. Its their right. Because they can!
B. Only if your a tard and don't know how to use it safely.

A. OK - it's your right to do lot of things. I said it was a stupid and dangerous idea. As in: not smart to passive aggressively threaten the president at a rally he's speaking at. It makes you a more viable threat to those protecting him.
B. So, do you think people should have to take a "tard" test before getting an open carry permit - or any kind of permit for that matter(cough cough cheney)? Should everyone (that isn't a "tard") be packing firearms? "Hi, I'm here to take the official government "anti-tard" test!"
I hate doing the stats - but I guess I have to.

Americans own 200 million firearms, and 35 percent of homes contain at least one gun. Last year, a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found more than 1.7 million children live in homes with loaded and unlocked guns.

So, let's chop that 1.7 million number up because of the 2 parent and multiple kid factor - we'll call it 700,000 instead. 700,000 "tards." who don't even comprehend the basics of firearm safety. And those are just the ones with kids.

Back to open carry. That would make road rage way more interesting. It would make a lot of situations more interesting - disagreements with the waitstaff over undercooked steaks at restaurants, football game rivalry's, bar fights, political discussions, I can't leave out office disputes. Sounds fun. :noidea:

Vincent
09-18-2009, 11:28 PM
A. OK - it's your right to do lot of things. I said it was a stupid and dangerous idea. As in: not smart to passive aggressively threaten the president at a rally he's speaking at. It makes you a more viable threat to those protecting him.
B. So, do you think people should have to take a "tard" test before getting an open carry permit - or any kind of permit for that matter(cough cough cheney)? Should everyone (that isn't a "tard") be packing firearms? "Hi, I'm here to take the official government "anti-tard" test!"
I hate doing the stats - but I guess I have to.

Americans own 200 million firearms, and 35 percent of homes contain at least one gun. Last year, a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found more than 1.7 million children live in homes with loaded and unlocked guns.

So, let's chop that 1.7 million number up because of the 2 parent and multiple kid factor - we'll call it 700,000 instead. 700,000 "tards." who don't even comprehend the basics of firearm safety. And those are just the ones with kids.

Back to open carry. That would make road rage way more interesting. It would make a lot of situations more interesting - disagreements with the waitstaff over undercooked steaks at restaurants, football game rivalry's, bar fights, political discussions, I can't leave out office disputes. Sounds fun. :noidea:

The estimates of guns in these here United States run over 400 million. That might change yer tard quotient somewhat.

I'm not what one might call a "gun nut". But I know and have known a lot of what lefties call "gun nuts' over the years. Going back decades and all over the country. To a man, they are regular Joes. Salt of the Earth folks. They carry as one would carry a wallet. It's just part of leaving the house. They have all manner of weapons all over the house. Their wives know how to use them. Their kids know how to use them. You'd never know it though. They don't flaunt it. And I don't even know someone that knows someone else that has has a "gun accident". I submit that that is a reasonable snapshot of the gun owners of America. Bar fights? Road rage? Sports rivalries? Hardly. These same gun nuts own garden tools, kitchen knives and so forth. They aren't violent. They aren't a threat to anybody except to anyone that would threaten them or their families.

The @#$% that commit crimes using guns are going to commit crimes regardless of what is at their disposal. They are the ones that start bar fights. They are the ones that go postal in traffic. You lefties use their statistics to buttress your "case" against gun ownership.

The second amendment is, as you say, crystal clear on the subject of gun ownership. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It states that armed citizens are necessary to ensure a free state. It states that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be regulated, curtailed, or impeded in any way. It says that the citizens can own any damned weapon they choose. The gubmint doesn't have @#$% to say about it. And anything the gubmint does say about guns is in direct conflict with the Constitution of the United States.

You speak of freedom in another thread. Thomas Jefferson said "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government". The framers of the constitution correctly surveyed the wreckage of human history and built measures into our constitution to ensure our hard won freedom. Government is a necessary evil that needs to be balanced by an armed and vigilant citizenry.

Leftoverhard
09-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Vincent -

If you're gonna use my post in quotes, why not talk about what I was talking about?

I get you. There are a lot of people who can handle a gun safely. Fine. I'm talking about the other ones.

Borski
09-19-2009, 12:28 AM

Where is your evidence to show States with "Open Carry" have more gun crimes per capita?

The Patriot
09-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Sad.

1. This was not an automatic weapon. Automatic weapons are illegal unless you have a license, which costs upwards of $9000.00 dollars. This was a semi-automatic weapon.

2. Inappropriate according to whose standards? Yours? Why do you think you can put your cultural norms on other people? Funny, that same question has been asked of me numerous times... by the people who are on your side of the aisle.

Carrying a semi-automatic rifle is not cultural. Wearing a turban is cultural. And if somebody wore a turban and carried an automatic weapon to a Bush rally, I'm sure your side of the aisle would have had something to say about it.

tony hipchest
09-19-2009, 01:14 AM
if somebody wearing a turban carried a nail file to a bush rally, their side of the aisle would have something to say about it.

....let alone carry a pair of nail clippers, bottle of water, or rolled up newspaper, on a plane.

Leftoverhard
09-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Where is your evidence to show States with "Open Carry" have more gun crimes per capita?

Where did I say that? You just skip through posts and pick and choose?
Think it out.

Here's a little something to consider (If you get this far in my post). How am I supposed to assume that everyone in a restaurant visibly carrying a gun is a "law abiding citizen?" How are cops supposed to know? Are these "law abiding good ol boys" going to wear an ID badge identifying themselves as "good guys?" Oh wait, no that would make them cops. Hey, we already have those. I say let's leave the policing and protecting to the cops. They train hard for their job and still have a difficult time doing it right all the time. The gun nuts go to the range or wherever and pop a few off every once in awhile. I don't want those guys "protecting" me or my family from anything. I want them to leave their guns at home.
My favorite gun packing group is the 20 something crotch rocket thugs who rev their stupid motorcycles to eardrum piercing rpms, riding around "protecting" me with their guns, exercising their rights.

Preacher
09-19-2009, 01:39 AM
if somebody wearing a turban carried a nail file to a bush rally, their side of the aisle would have something to say about it.

....let alone carry a pair of nail clippers, bottle of water, or rolled up newspaper, on a plane.

Interesting, because it was the F.A.A. who set those rules. You know, another govt. bueracracy. Guess govt. bureacracy can only make great decisions when it comes to health care right?

Preacher
09-19-2009, 01:46 AM

Carrying a semi-automatic rifle is not cultural. Wearing a turban is cultural. And if somebody wore a turban and carried an automatic weapon to a Bush rally, I'm sure your side of the aisle would have had something to say about it.

If he carried an automatic weapon like you say, yes. I would have something to say about it... cause it is illegal. If he carries a SEMI automattic weapon, then I would speak of his right to bear arms. PERIOD.

Unlike some of you, I understand that rights are rights for everyone. Freedom of speech gives the idiot nazi's the right to speak what they want, the idiot black Panther's the right to speak what they want, and everyone, as long as they have not committed a felony, the right to bear arms.

MACH1
09-19-2009, 02:53 AM

A. Did I miss something? Was the guy arrested for threatening Obaaama?

B. Umm, An open carry permit where I'm from is called a hunting license. But for you, tard school would probly be in order. Learn your facts before spouting off about something you know absolutely nothing about.

I've been carrying "open" since I can remember and guess what? Nobody's been killed, wounded or maimed. Go figure!

MACH1
09-19-2009, 02:54 AM

You forgot shoe bomb. :chuckle:

MACH1
09-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Think it out.

Here's a little something to consider (If you get this far in my post). How am I supposed to assume that everyone in a restaurant visibly carrying a gun is a "law abiding citizen?" How are cops supposed to know?

Sorry I only got this far.

Yeah, criminals are going to go out of their way to stick out of a crowd packing heat in the open.:doh:

Don't get out much do you.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
09-19-2009, 04:24 AM
This wasn't meant to turn into a gun control debate. It was about MSNBC not being entirely honest with their "coverage" yet again.

stillers4me
09-19-2009, 08:11 AM
This wasn't meant to turn into a gun control debate. It was about MSNBC not being entirely honest with their "coverage" yet again.

ding ding ding!

MSNBC covered it as if a white person was carrying the gun as an obvious racial threat to Obaaaama. They purposely did not show the image of the whole person, WHO HAPPENED TO BE AN AFRICAN AMERICAN.

revefsreleets
09-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah, the mainstream news is more and more like gossipy tabloid sensationalism all the time. Fox leads the pack. NBC is also rediculous. Really bad reporting, they just want ratings.I say boycott all the junk.

Your complete and utter "one side only" bias is completely exposed here when you single out Fox. They are NOT the worst, they are simply ideologically farthest from your political views. There is a HUGE difference...

True to form, through this thread we can clearly see "The Olberman's" line up against "The Limbaugh's".

I laugh at both of them (not with), so I derive a ton of humor from watching the same people CONSTANTLY fall back into their neat little political and idealogical blocs in post after post. Their threads become completely predictable after a while....

Leftoverhard
09-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Your complete and utter "one side only" bias is completely exposed here when you single out Fox. They are NOT the worst, they are simply ideologically farthest from your political views. There is a HUGE difference...

I didn't single Fox out. Yeah, I think they're crap - but I was fair and said NBC was too. Do I personally think Fox is worse? Yes I do - based on what I think the news should be - I don't think it should be so much opinion based sensationalism.

Again, how many times have I watched this Olberman you speak of? Maybe once or twice, and one of those was Ben Affleck doing an impersonation on SNL. Talk about assuming...

7SteelGal43
09-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Think it out.

Here's a little something to consider (If you get this far in my post). How am I supposed to assume that everyone in a restaurant visibly carrying a gun is a "law abiding citizen?" How are cops supposed to know? Are these "law abiding good ol boys" going to wear an ID badge identifying themselves as "good guys?" Oh wait, no that would make them cops. Hey, we already have those. I say let's leave the policing and protecting to the cops. They train hard for their job and still have a difficult time doing it right all the time. The gun nuts go to the range or wherever and pop a few off every once in awhile. I don't want those guys "protecting" me or my family from anything. I want them to leave their guns at home.
My favorite gun packing group is the 20 something crotch rocket thugs who rev their stupid motorcycles to eardrum piercing rpms, riding around "protecting" me with their guns, exercising their rights.

Well I know if I was in a restaurant and some criminal with a gun - most likely not registered nor obtained in a legal manner - starts threatening to kill patrons, I'd love to see a law abiding citizen reach into their vest, pull out their firearm - most likely registered and legally obtained - and put a cap in his ass :thmbup:

But then that's the whole point Vincent was making.

One other priceless bit of philosophy....."I don't want to live in a country where only the government is armed"

The Patriot
09-19-2009, 08:30 PM
The great irony about America is that we believe a society in which every citizen is armed is safer, but a world where every country is armed with nuclear weapons is not.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
09-19-2009, 08:46 PM
The great irony about America is that we believe a society in which every citizen is armed is safer, but a world where every country is armed with nuclear weapons is not.

Wow, that's a pretty big stretch of a comparison there. :toofunny:

Nuclear Winter > Shooting Spree :banging:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-19-2009, 08:57 PM
:coffee:

xfl2001fan
09-20-2009, 10:30 AM

I don't fear the people that are visibly wearing guns. They, typically, are law abiding citizens. It's the thugs that are hiding what they are packing (or the wannabes packing in their sweatpants in a nightclub) that worry me. The ones you see packing (typically) have nothing to hide. They are doing it the right way.

cubanstogie
09-20-2009, 10:38 AM

That could be one of the biggest "apples to oranges" comparisons I've ever seen. Quite an imagination.

Hines0wnz
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM

ITT: hyperbole

43Hitman
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
ITT: hyperbole

What is ITT?:noidea:

Hines0wnz
09-21-2009, 01:24 AM
What is ITT?:noidea:

in this thread

revefsreleets
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM

I do believe that the violent crime rate in the old west, when everyone was armed, was much lower than today. The movies took great creative license...

Also, a gun does not equate to nuclear weapons...a gun can kill a few, and nukes can wipe out everything on the planet.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-21-2009, 12:03 PM

I dont know ANYONE who believes that. Even the most conservative person on the planet would not want to arm EVERY citizen.

Weak, misleading argument.

hindes204
09-21-2009, 01:42 PM

That has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments Ive ever heard

43Hitman
09-21-2009, 06:51 PM

Are you selling red-herring perhaps?

steeldawg
09-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I believe in the right to bear arms but i would be a little nervous if the guy i was in a heated political debate with had an assualt rifle strapped to his waist.........The point leftoverhard is making is that we are expected to trust someone in our presence with a deadly weapon without knowing if they are sane or not.......Its a valid concern