PDA

View Full Version : Sweed out for Sunday's Steelers game

mesaSteeler
09-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Sweed out for Sunday's Steelers game
Friday, September 18, 2009
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09261/999001-100.stm

Wide receiver Limas Sweed did not practice for the second day in a row and will not play Sunday against the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field.

Veteran Shaun McDonald, who did not dress for the season-opening victory against Tennessee, will serve as the No. 4 receiver. McDonald, though, will play in some of the packages as the No. 3 receiver -- a role in Sweed has been rotating with rookie Mike Wallace.

Also, ILB Lawrence Timmons practiced for the third day in a row and the possibility of him starting against the Bears has not been ruled out. Either way, Timmons will play against the Bears, even if Keyaron Fox starts for the second game in a row.
First published on September 18, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09261/999001-100.stm#ixzz0RUymwgFO

Fire Haley
09-18-2009, 06:18 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39043

You really don't read any of these threads, do you?

Copy&Paste

rbryan
09-19-2009, 06:10 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39043

You really don't read any of these threads, do you?

Copy&Paste

You posted about Sweed being out in a thread regarding Timmons.

Are we supposed to look at every thread on the board just in case someone decided to post something in the wrong place to begin with?

Kal
09-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Considering how few snaps he saw last Thursday it's no real loss imo

I wouldn't expect to see to much of Shaun McDonald, especially if there is more success/ stronger committment to running the ball.

Fire Haley
09-19-2009, 07:09 AM

I'm just copy&pasting now - why bother to read anything?

With 100 new redundant threads every day why even have a DISCUSSION forum.

Just call it a read only bulletin board.

mmalone
09-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Considering how few snaps he saw last Thursday it's no real loss imo

I wouldn't expect to see to much of Shaun McDonald, especially if there is more success/ stronger committment to running the ball.

not sure about mcdonald, he was a lion and played alot of games against that bears defense. he should have some veteran upside against all the NFC North teams we play this year.,.

you would think...
:tt02::tt02:

Psyychoward86
09-19-2009, 09:36 AM
I was looking forward to this, although i'm not happy with Sweed not playing. It's great that Timmons is playing, i thought he'd be out after he reinjured himself. I call for McDonald to be a pleasant surprise :tt:

feuerstarta
09-19-2009, 10:23 AM

Are we supposed to look at every thread on the board just in case someone decided to post something in the wrong place to begin with?

I agree and with you Ryban. I posted about this problem on my own thread. maybe we should adopt a title thread instead of people naming it whatever they want.

Kal
09-19-2009, 12:58 PM
not sure about mcdonald, he was a lion and played alot of games against that bears defense. he should have some veteran upside against all the NFC North teams we play this year.,.

you would think...
:tt02::tt02:

The problem is McDonald sucks. Drops too many passes and doesn't do a get enough job of getting open.

He may know the Bears, but it works both ways and I don't think they'd be overly scared of him.

markymarc
09-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Another position that it's good we have depth on. Let's see what Wallace and McDonald can do to help the offense tomorrow. McDonald was solid all preseason and can make plays if on the field. Get healthy Sweed!

steelpride12
09-19-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't mind seeing Macdonald out there very much. Sweed looks more and more like a bust and Macdonald didn't get recognized last year because he played for the sad 0-16 Lions, but is a productive short yard receivers who likes the yards after the catch and what we need.

Steelerfreak58
09-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Sweed better get his act together quick like or McDonald and Wallace are going to move up and he will be watching from the sidelines like last year.

Galax Steeler
09-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Sweed better get his act together quick like or McDonald and Wallace are going to move up and he will be watching from the sidelines like last year.

I agree with what I saw in Wallace last week Sweed better be picking up his game. Wallace looks like he came to play in the nfl.

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 08:18 AM
I have the utmost confidence in McDonald to step right in there and make plays. I was very high on the Steelers signing him and I don't think he will disappoint. :hope:

Wallace has been quite impressive throughout camp, preseason and that dynamic catch he made in last week's game against the Tatas to set up the GW FG. This kid is going to be really special. :tt03: