PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark on adjustments w/o Troy

tony hipchest
09-18-2009, 08:29 PM
clark is on sirius radio every friday and gives one of the best interviews of all their regular guests.

when asked what would change and adjustments would be made w/o troy in there, his answers were really revealing (and show why he is SO important to this defense.

he said his main job is to let troy be troy, cover for him, and to have his back. while he is FS and troy is SS, troy has the liberty to switch positions at any time, depending on what he see's.

clark explained that they have played long enough together where most of these switches in position happen with just a look and no verbal communication. clark knows troys assignments at all times and vice versa (which really isnt suprising, seeing that mundy and carter can back up both positions as well).

clark said that without troy, there will be more verbal communication between him and carter, and they will just play it how lebeau draws it up. as he put it, they will play more "straight up".

very interesting to hear how tomlin doesnt micromanage his players and allows his brilliant ones freelance and use their instincts.

then you see how he is so humble and says that it is his players that make him look good (not vice versa).

what a special group. get well soon, troy.

onefortheotherhand
09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
clark has always been one of my favs and i enjoy hearing him do interviews and such

sirius NFL radio ftw

devilsdancefloor
09-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Ryan is special i really hope we get a deal done with him! He always seems to know what to say and when to say it! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Godfather
09-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Can you get any audio clips of this online? I'd love to hear him.

tony hipchest
09-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Ryan is special i really hope we get a deal done with him! He always seems to know what to say and when to say it! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Can you get any audio clips of this online? I'd love to hear him.last friday was great. they asked him how he felt physically after the thurs night opener. he said "fine" and bemoaned the fact that he didnt get enough opportunities to take a lick at lendale white. he pretty much said he got 1 good shot in, but that it wasnt enough for his liking.

clark has a weekly spot every friday. woodley, every friday, and tomlin's is every tuesday right after his presser. all 3 have been a weekly regular for the last 2 years (about 5-10 minutes for each).

markymarc
09-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Ryan Clark is a great FS for us. Can't wait until we get him locked up after this season. You have to love it when Troy and Ryan only have to look at one another and they know how to adjust or where they need to be. That speaks volume on the chemistry they have working with one another.

Steelboy84
09-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Very cool.

steelpride12
09-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Great read! Clark is a classy guy. Never on the highlight reel(unless he is knocking a wide receiver out), but is one of my favorites on the team. I hope him and Carter work out a plan for the secondary together and do a heck of a job on Sunday.

stillers4me
09-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Tomlin's is always around 12:45-1:00 on Tuesdays. I know because I'm always in the car commuting between two of our offices around 12:30 when they promo it and we start seeing patients at 12:45 so I can never stay in the car to hear it. :mad:

Lucky me, though. I always get the hear Marvin Lewis on the way to work.