PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL SATURDAY "WHAT I WILL BE LOOKING FOR EARLY ON" THREAD

Steelboy84
09-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Well folks, it hasn't changed for me. Same as last week: how our offensive line responds to criticism, how effective our running game will be, and how Bruce Arians manages the play calling.

I want to see how he calls the game at different situations in the game. His play calling was horrendous against the Titans and that has to change this week. Get Mendy in the game more on those 3rd and short plays! Get Willie to the outside, stop running him up the middle every time he gets the ball! Its crazy!

Soldier Field will be hostile, so a fast start is key to our success.

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Steely McSmash
09-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Some thoughts:

Willie Colon has a pretty tough matchup

Bears OL looked pretty weak in the center. Looking for the big snack to make some holes for ILB blitz

Bears DB are pretty poor. Between Shaun McDonald running some inside routes to Wallace taking the top off, looking for some good plays from a lot of receivers.

Miller should be open a lot with Urlacher out.

4xSBChamps
09-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Bears OL looked pretty weak in the center. Looking for the big snack to make some holes for ILB blitz .

:thumbsup:

Get to that pudgy, pouting pork-chop early & often, so that he is pointing fingers at teammates to deflect any blame & criticism

http://blogs.suntimes.com/fullcourtpress/PX136_71C2_9.JPG

if he get's off to another rocky start, this time in-front of the Chicago faithful, it could snowball on him, and his head might explode

:helmet:

SteelerEmpire
09-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't think Cutler will play "too much" better than he did last week... but he'll be slightly better.
I'll be looking for the Steeler running game to be tested heavily in the first quarter. The running game will be under the microscope the entire game by fans, coaches and analysis.
Da Bears Offense will try to test Carter's side of the field.
Look for Da Bears to try and make big plays early on to try to establish an early lead cushion as they know the Steelers are a 2nd half team.

Steelboy84
09-19-2009, 12:02 PM
If we get pressure in his face, Cutler will give it up. Catch the ball Ike Taylor!

Steelboy84
09-19-2009, 01:05 PM
First thing I'll be looking for is #11 to scare the crap out of them, preferably by taking a kickoff downtown. If they acknowledge the threat by refusing to kick to Logan, that shortens the field in our favor.
Next: Will Cutler and his WRs run plays out of the same book this week? If they bring that disorganized mess against us, we're going to force turnovers like crazy.
Finally, can our OL make lanes for Fast Willie, and can he find them?
Parker is still deadly if he can get up a head of steam in the secondary.
I don't look for us to try to establish the run early, but I do look for us to establish the run at some point. If we can keep the ball on the ground and maintain drives, we'll be unstoppable.

Beautiful. :tt03:

mmalone
09-19-2009, 01:26 PM
we won the super bowl.......

we lose only if we let chicago in the game.....

stop hester and its a wrap.

:tt:

Steelboy84
09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
we won the super bowl.......

we lose only if we let chicago in the game.....

stop hester and its a wrap.

:tt:

We can't let Cutler get going either. And NO turnovers!

Indo
09-19-2009, 01:57 PM
How well Ogunleye is handled

How much we can rattle Cutler

and Hoping that Logan breaks one!---It's already game 2 ---what's he waiting for?!!!

markymarc
09-19-2009, 04:09 PM
I would not be surprised to see Heath Miller have an even bigger game than last week. To me the biggest match up of the game will be our OL against the Bears DL.

Steelboy84
09-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I would not be surprised to see Heath Miller have an even bigger game than last week. To me the biggest match up of the game will be our OL against the Bears DL.

Yes I agree.

wootawnee
09-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Defense......
Defense......
Defense......
Defense......:tt03:

PalmerSteel
09-19-2009, 08:48 PM
my thoughts are, win or lose, IMO this could be our toughest road game of the season. lets get it on, pittsburgh style! :tt03: