PDA

View Full Version : Are Republicans in the early stages of a comeback?

SteelerEmpire
09-19-2009, 11:44 AM
What do you have to say about that ?? Examine the LINK: http://www.newsvine.com/_question/2009/09/19/3290098-are-republicans-in-the-early-stages-of-a-comeback

I don't think its in the cards yet....

KeiselPower99
09-20-2009, 01:35 AM
I honestly think a third party could win an election right now. IF they knew what to say and backed it up.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
09-20-2009, 03:04 AM
I honestly think a third party could win an election right now. IF they knew what to say and backed it up.

I really don't think that will EVER happen.

I say ~45% will always vote Dem., ~45% will always vote Rep. Only ~10% of the population could be swayed.

The Patriot
09-20-2009, 03:51 AM

I say ~45% will always vote Dem., ~45% will always vote Rep. Only ~10% of the population could be swayed.

Does it bother you that the 10% of the population who can't make decisions decides who leads us? :chuckle:

Preacher
09-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Does it bother you that the 10% of the population who can't make decisions decides who leads us? :chuckle:

I wasn't going to comment in another political thread...and then I read this!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

that IS hilarious!

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 08:24 AM
I dunno. I suppose it's possible and we'll just have to wait and see, though a lot of my Demo friends and Demos in general aren't very happy with this current circus and may vote GOP or third party just to get this clown out of office in 3 years.

Thier current tactics of lies and distortion only hurt thier cause. They need to work on ideas instead of tearing down the opposition.

Well look at that brainiac spewing the epitome of hypocrisy. :doh:

Vincent
09-20-2009, 09:55 AM

Why, yes. Yes it does.

I think it is less that the elephants are making a comeback, and more that the donkeys look ridiculous. Everything they put on the table is a disaster looking for a place to happen. They're their own worst enemies.

There are myriad examples, but this one is particularly rich - Biden doesn't see Iran as a threat. You can't make this @#$% up. http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/biden_iran/2009/09/18/262005.html?s=al&promo_code=895D-1

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
09-20-2009, 11:30 AM

Brett Favre is their leader!

You know it doesn't matter who you vote for anyway. Each president has been hand picked since Kennedy as a figurehead by the NWO.

GBMelBlount
09-20-2009, 12:22 PM

Many, if not most democrats from 50 years ago would be considered republicans by today's standards.....

If your statement is true, it is arguably because our country as a whole, as well as the main political parties, have ALL moved left.

Preacher
09-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Republicans would be foolish to think it a major comeback. Democrats would be foolish to think it won't happen.

History tells us that the party out of power almost always wins in off year elections. When they don't, it sets up an even more major victory 2 or 4 years later. Because of the humongous turn of events 2 and 4 years ago, expect that turn, and it may be a big turn. But that is not an endorsement of the GOP, but rather a balancing out of the Dems. Just as 2006 and 08 wasn't an edorsement of the Dems, but a balancing out of the GOP, and 2000-2004 was . . . .

The pendulum swings back and forth.

revefsreleets
09-20-2009, 03:45 PM
All the GOP needs to do is adopt Obama's major campaign platform: Point out all the mistakes the preceding Pres made, and campaign on not being "him". The more mistakes the predecessor made, the easier the incumbent will, be to beat...

In this case, a monkey with an organ grinder could beat Obama IF he carried around a sign that said "I'm the opposite of Obama"...

Hines0wnz
09-20-2009, 05:29 PM

No, its the 90% who blindly follow that irks me.