PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Williams done.

OneForTheToe
09-20-2009, 03:46 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4487532

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers have placed defensive tackle Jamal Williams on injured reserve with a triceps injury, meaning he'll miss the rest of the season.

It's a big loss for the Chargers. Although the 12-year veteran has a history of knee injuries, he's still been a force in the middle, particularly against the run.

William's backup is Ogemdi Nwagbuo, who spent five weeks on San Diego's practice squad last year........

Wow, big loss for the Bolts. Personally, I think Williams has been slipping the last few seasons, but still ......

Williams career could be effectively over. I know a tricept is better than a knee. However, these big NTs just don't last once injuries start to build up as they pass 30. It's why, while I love "Big Snack," I'm not sure he is worth the risk of a multi-year extension.

KeiselPower99
09-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Thats a huge loss for the Chargers. Williams is probably the 3rd best NT in the league after Hampton and Vince Wilfork.

mesaSteeler
09-20-2009, 12:08 PM
With LT over 30 and injured again and now this the Chargers window is now closed.

AllD
09-20-2009, 12:58 PM
And at the end of the season, Norv Turner will join him on the unemployment line.

jcdavey08
09-20-2009, 10:08 PM
ironically, we didn't need LT or jamal today

norv was able to make enough retarded redzone playcalls on his own, to lose

what a moron he is

Psyychoward86
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I feel bad for him, but at least that San Diego game without Troy Polamalu should be easier...

jcdavey08
09-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I feel bad for him, but at least that San Diego game without Troy Polamalu should be easier...that's going to be fun as pitt sd games ALWAYS are lol

i hope rivers doesn't die