PDA

View Full Version : Are the Steelers Franchise Now a Democratic Team ??

SteelerEmpire
09-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Dan Rooney ( The Owner of the Steelers) - A life long Republican. Not only voted for, but campaigned for Barack Obama.
Mike Tomlin (Head Coach) - An Obama Supporter.
The entire Steelers 1st Team Defense - Has stated support / admiration of Obama.
Almost all of the 1st Team Offense - Has stated support / admiration of Obama ( I say "almost all" because I haven't heard of an opinion by some O players )
Almost 90% of the Entire Team.... I say that because I haven't heard "any " players talk negatively about Obama or the Dem. admin.

Myself being an Independant and a staunch supporter of the Military and Veterans programs, voted Democratic in the last election. I started out my "voting career " as a Regan supporter. I, like many others including Dan Rooney, etc...., am a citizen of this country first, before I am a Independant, Dem. or Repub. As someone who voted Dem., I have not seen anything that this current admin. has done that would cause me to think they are doing a bad job.... as the former admin. did leave a big mess. As I compare what the Dems have to offer, and what the Repubs did when they had the ball. RIGHT NOW.... I have to agree with Mr Rooney..... By a cold, hard look at the FACTS....the Dems are still WAY out in front..... :thumbsup:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
09-20-2009, 10:23 AM
:cheer: <-- You

:banging: <-- Me... along with a high (and growing) percentage of Americans.

cubanstogie
09-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I was about to reply then I threw up on my keyboard. That was nauseating.

Preacher
09-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Who cares?

One is football. One is politics. I derive no pleasure or disappointment from my teams political stand... only their record at the end of the year.

stillers4me
09-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Who cares?

One is football. One is politics. I derive no pleasure or disappointment from my teams political stand... only their record at the end of the year.

What he said.

tony hipchest
09-20-2009, 11:15 AM
if the steelers were republican it would be thrown in democratic steelerfans faces every day on this board.

dan rooney actually being a part of the obama administration is a giant white elephant in the room.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-20-2009, 11:27 AM
dan rooney actually being a part of the obama administration is a giant white elephant in the room.

I have more difficulty in understanding Rooney's hiring of Ray Sherman as an offensive coordinator...than I have in Rooneys support of Obama. :noidea:

Preacher
09-20-2009, 11:53 AM
if the steelers were republican it would be thrown in democratic steelerfans faces every day on this board.

Wow. Just a little defensive are we? Well, that seems about par for the course over the last year.

NO. It simply doesn't matter. Republican or Democrat. I don't care. They are my football team. Not my representative in govt.

Those who can't differentiate the two need perspective. Life is greater than BOTH these topics... and football much greater than politics.

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Who cares?

BINGO. Whichever side of the fence the Steelers and their players are on doesn't affect the outcome of a game or a season, so personally, I don't give a rat's hiney.

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't give a crap. I don't go hating on people because of their views and just their views only.

Christian Snyder
09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I am not a Liberal but who gives a crap?!

revefsreleets
09-20-2009, 02:55 PM
When the taxing starts, there will be a LOT of regret in the sports world...

Preacher
09-20-2009, 09:23 PM
I am not a Liberal but who gives a crap?!

:rofl:@ the qualification!

Christian Snyder
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM
:rofl:@ the qualification!
:chuckle::chuckle::toofunny: