PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who needs a Valium??

Ambridge
01-18-2006, 02:33 PM
It's only Wednesday and I'm driving myself crazy about this damn game. :crazy01:
I can't think about anything else.......and for every good thought that pops into my head concerning this game something equally negative keeps wiping it out.

I did this last year as well and was in a state of high anxiety by Friday only to be followed by a state of extreme disappointment and depression on Sunday.

Oh! The Pain. :grin:

Sunday can't be here fast enough.

HangoverMS
01-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Not by a long shot! Though, I am probably more excited than stressed out. Knowing that we have beaten the big bad Colts, I think we have an excellent chance of going to Detroit.

fireman205253
01-18-2006, 02:41 PM
I really feel that the Colts have a better team than Broncos do. That being said I am still a wreak about the game.

AKSteeler
01-18-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm going nuts about this game. I keep coming to the board through the day, just reading and feeding my obsession. Anyway...SUNDAY HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!!! :bouncy:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I CANNOT WAIT TO KICK THE DONKEYS ASS!

I'VE GOT A FEELING,PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO THE SUPER BOWL!

drizze99
01-18-2006, 02:59 PM
I am also going nuts...

For some reason I can't get the 2001 AFCCG out of my mind... ugh...

We just got done crushing the Ravens and go into the AFCCG to face the Patriots and some Brady guy... I was so cokky that year... I thought for sure we were going to the big dance.

Fast forward to this year... we just got done beating the best team in the NFL (record wise)... I just pray that the players aren't too cokky over that win and Cowher keeps them FOCUSED on the task at hand. We haven't done anything yet and that's the attitude that these guys have to have. I do have a better feeling about the whole thing this year because our offense isn't one dimentional...

Dammit... Sunday is NOT coming fast enough...

Sharkissle29
01-18-2006, 03:03 PM
sunday cant get here any faster....cant wait

SteelerFanInCA
01-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Man, Sunday seems an enternity away. The excitement builds with each passing day.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Valium? Beer, baby, and lot's of it...tis is the only cure!

Prosdo
01-18-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm so excited for this game. Sunday cannot come fast enough.

matt314hew
01-18-2006, 10:46 PM
i am nervous and excited. I have been through 4 losing afc championships, but got to see a win. i have season tickets, so i was able to go with my dad to all the playoff games since 1992. This is the first year that i am disappointed to not have a home one, but hey, we like the road in the playoffs so far.

Lets get one for bettis and let him retire in Detroit.

pitt
01-18-2006, 11:10 PM
I feel excited and sick at the same time. I don't know how we're going to make it till Sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2006, 11:40 PM
I have to keep pinching myself to realize that we are heading into the AFCCG actually playing our best football instead of peaking earlier and just squeaking by the post season week to week.

comon sunday, I cant take it anymore !!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-19-2006, 01:04 AM
It is Sunday yet? This waiting will drive me bonkers.

Prosdo
01-19-2006, 01:45 AM
I have to keep pinching myself to realize that we are heading into the AFCCG actually playing our best football instead of peaking earlier and just squeaking by the post season week to week.

comon sunday, I cant take it anymore !!!!

Me too Matt. This whole thing seems so surreal. Let's go Steelers. We're knocking on the door again! Let's break it down this time!

jbone19
01-19-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm still emotionally drained from the end of the Colts game. I can't sleep and I'm so hyped about the Denver game that I'm pacing the floors. I'm so pumped that I even dreamed of playing in the opening kickoff and got to knock the hell out of one of the Broncos. What a dream! I agree that beer is probably about as good of a substitute as anything. My wife has mentioned the increase in my drinking lately. She just doesn't understand. I bleed black & gold. :chug:

SalukiSteelers
01-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah, this wait is killing me. I was covering a basketball game last night and I found myself thinking about the game this Sunday. The last two days I've gotten out of bed and started my day off on the wrong foot when I realized it wasn't Sunday. As far as the Steelers being overconfident, I can't see it happening. They've had to work too hard all season to get where they are right now.

pitt
01-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Is it Sunday yet???

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Tick tock tick tock. The waiting is driving me crazy.

clevestinks
01-20-2006, 04:35 PM
I am really confident, as I was last week!

But stress? You have know Idea how bad a week it has been...............................

fireman205253
01-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Just want everyone to know I was watching this show on ESPN and this jackass sportscaster had a Wilson football that said Seahawks and Broncos Superbowl XL.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!

Mamaduck43
01-20-2006, 04:43 PM
This is worse than being 5 years old and counting down the days until Christmas....... I have had a couple of full-blown anxiety attacks this week - - I find myself thinking about the game just about every waking moment, and I think I have even dreamed about the game.... I know that this morning, I woke up clutching my plush Steelers football..... I have chores to do and errands to run, but I don't want to make any changes from last Sunday - - I am afraid that if I clean off the coffee table, it will bring bad karma....... I do know that last week, I had a huge energy burst during the game - - I was too dang nervous to actually sit for any length of time, so I was up and about - - doing stuff with one eye on what I was doing and the other eye and both ears glued to the game..... I think I drove my son nuts.... But that's okay.... I do know that when the fumble happened, I said the 'f' word in front of him - - but that's okay - - he is 42....... Then I scared my grandson when Ben made "The Tackle"...... I screamed so loud..... I felt guilty for a second or two when I prayed for the FG attempt to fail - - but it worked.....

I just hope that the team is fired up for the game and that we will have this anxiousness to go through for another two weeks......

SteelerzGirl
01-20-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree with both Ambridge and Suit. I want valium AND beer, or whiskey, or... Heck, I dunno... Just insert an IV in me and drip whatever will help into me at this point. It's been a loooooooong week and I'm so jumpy. Sunday is just not getting here fast enough! C'mon Steelers! Beat dem Broncos!

tony hipchest
01-20-2006, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Mamaduck43].... I do know that when the fumble happened, I said the 'f' word in front of him - - but that's okay - - he is 42.......

[QUOTE]

:rofl: lmao!

3 to be 4
01-20-2006, 04:56 PM
if its any encouragement even though my team got WAXED by Denver, my impartial gut feeling is that the teams with the intangible destiny/aura/this is year kind of feel to it are the Steelers and Panthers. Cowher has to just continue to go against his intincts and do a George Costanza/Bizarroworld type of thing and trust his QB in the early going to dictate the tempo. if he does it may be a surprisingly easy win. there is no way Plummer is the QB that Roethlisburger is.

I'll be rooting for you guys.

tony hipchest
01-20-2006, 05:00 PM
if its any encouragement even though my team got WAXED by Denver, my impartial gut feeling is that the teams with the intangible destiny/aura/this is year kind of feel to it are the Steelers and Panthers. Cowher has to just continue to go against his intincts and do a George Costanza/Bizarroworld type of thing and trust his QB in the early going to dictate the tempo. if he does it may be a surprisingly easy win. there is no way Plummer is the QB that Roethlisburger is.

I'll be rooting for you guys.
a part of me is really wanting to see a replay of the '90-91 (i think) afc champ game with oakland / buffalo with ben playing the part of jim kelly and w.parker as thurman thomas. i really dont think its out of the question. i need a valium and lude coctail, washed down with a long island iced tea!

3 to be 4
01-20-2006, 05:02 PM
careful. you wouldnt want to pass out BEFORE the game and miss the whole thing!

Suitanim
01-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Cowher has to just continue to go against his intincts and do a George Costanza/Bizarroworld type of thing and trust his QB in the early going to dictate the tempo.

It's not Bizzaro world when you HAVE a QB you CAN depend on. Cowher came out this week and said something I've never heard him say about any of other of his QB's this week, essentially stating that this team will go as far as Ben will take them.

Man, what the Hell do we have to do to get you pats fans off the "Cold Hard Facts" Kool Aid?

tony hipchest
01-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Man, what the Hell do we have to do to get you pats fans off the "Cold Hard Facts" Kool Aid?

that koolaid is their blood.:sofunny:

btw did you happen to catch seth joyner on rome? pretty much called qb's like manning and brady pansy qb's who sit all comfortably in their spread em out offense, but crumble and cant handle the physical pressure unlike the rare breed ben roethlisberger who will stand in there and take any hit to win a game like john elway or dan marino. damn i need a valium.

3 to be 4
01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
that koolaid is their blood.:sofunny:

btw did you happen to catch seth joyner on rome? pretty much called qb's like manning and brady pansy qb's who sit all comfortably in their spread em out offense, but crumble and cant handle the physical pressure unlike the rare breed ben roethlisberger who will stand in there and take any hit to win a game like john elway or dan marino. damn i need a valium.

right. brady's never taken a hit. loses one playoff game and suddenly hes been "exposed"
lets not go off the deep end.

i'll give you Elway. But Marino?? Give me Brady ANYDAY, especially in a big game.
Marino = Manning

Suitanim
01-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Just want everyone to know I was watching this show on ESPN and this jackass sportscaster had a Wilson football that said Seahawks and Broncos Superbowl XL.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!

Dude should hold onto that...it'll be worth a lot of money one day, just like those "Dewey Beats Truman" newspapers and the pennies with misprints on them.

tony hipchest
01-20-2006, 05:53 PM
right. brady's never taken a hit. loses one playoff game and suddenly hes been "exposed"
lets not go off the deep end.

i'll give you Elway. But Marino?? Give me Brady ANYDAY, especially in a big game.
Marino = Manningseth joyner said elway and marino. going back to the steelers/pats game last year, look at every loss brady has had, and there is one common factor. geting dropped in the 1st quarter. when he doesnt get dropped he wins. simple.

manning was only sacked like 20 times this year. they won em all, except for the ones he was dropped early. as a patfan im sure you have noticed this many times, when your teams played. like it or not in this aspect they are very similar and used to a "comfort zone" unlike someone like d. ncnabb who will have a cracked leg bone and go out to have 4td's and a career day.

thats not a knock on brady and manning. they got the rings and the records. i have just always been a fan of the bradshaws, fouts, kelleys, (and elways STYLE of play) etc.

anyways joyners point was that alot of qb's now agays are groomed to play from the west coast/spread em out offens which has shown a decline in the toughness of nfl qb's in general.

man i need a valium:sofunny:

BlackNGold203
01-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I feel a very strange sense of calm for this one...
Its our time....everything seems perfect....
We will go to Detroit

3 to be 4
01-20-2006, 08:41 PM
seth joyner said elway and marino. going back to the steelers/pats game last year, look at every loss brady has had, and there is one common factor. geting dropped in the 1st quarter. when he doesnt get dropped he wins. simple.

manning was only sacked like 20 times this year. they won em all, except for the ones he was dropped early. as a patfan im sure you have noticed this many times, when your teams played. like it or not in this aspect they are very similar and used to a "comfort zone" unlike someone like d. ncnabb who will have a cracked leg bone and go out to have 4td's and a career day.

thats not a knock on brady and manning. they got the rings and the records. i have just always been a fan of the bradshaws, fouts, kelleys, (and elways STYLE of play) etc.

anyways joyners point was that alot of qb's now agays are groomed to play from the west coast/spread em out offens which has shown a decline in the toughness of nfl qb's in general.

man i need a valium:sofunny:

so what QB is NOT less effective when he is being hammered? Maybe its because ive watched Brady week after week, he does indeed stand in there and take the hits with anybody. In fact, it something every analyst who's ever covered the games, until the suddenly esteemed Seth Joyner, has agreed on. So i dont get where this is coming from, comparing Brady to Manning, who's ALWAYS crumbled under pressure.
what "style" are you referring to when you site Bradshaw, Fouts, Kelley, and Elway?
What category was Montana? the Giants beat him up in the playoffs 3 times. Was he not "tough"?

Big7Ben
01-20-2006, 08:52 PM
I wish it was here today.. ONE MORE DAY! man.. it's killing me.. I love the Steelers!! MAN AM I EXCTIED! we're going to Detroit.. we're getting one for the thumb for the bus, and to prove to all.. that WE ARE THE STEELERS and the best team in the league.. can't wait 'cause we're going down in history as winning Superbowl 40! YEAH! :hyper: :nana: :bouncy: :thumbsup:

luvmysteelers
01-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Valium? YESSSSS! I've had a stomach ache since Wednesday..it can't here soon enough for me!

Stlrs4Life
01-20-2006, 09:39 PM
I know exactly what you are going through Ambridge. It's freaky. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

tony hipchest
01-20-2006, 09:48 PM
so what QB is NOT less effective when he is being hammered"?ben roethlisberger. (leads the league in passing while "under contact") im not making this up its actually a stat that some geek tabulated that was quoted in a steelers game several weeks back.

bradshaw, kelly, elway, were stand in there and take the hit to make the play type qb's, rather than get happy feet and make a mistake under pressure types. if you wanna lump brady into that group, feel free.

3 to be 4
01-20-2006, 10:10 PM
ben roethlisberger. (leads the league in passing while "under contact") im not making this up its actually a stat that some geek tabulated that was quoted in a steelers game several weeks back.

bradshaw, kelly, elway, were stand in there and take the hit to make the play type qb's, rather than get happy feet and make a mistake under pressure types. if you wanna lump brady into that group, feel free.

that makes no sense. You are telling me the 10 opponants the Patriots beat in the playoffs before Denver didnt put any pressure on Brady? Its only been since last years AFCC Game that anybody ever thought to themselves "Hey, lets pressure him"??
He loses a few games and and suddenly he gets "happy feet" when pressured? Sure, he made some mistakes in the loss to Denver but its ridiculous to say he isnt as tough as Kelley,Bradshaw,Fouts,and Elway. its not based on anything.
I saw the 49ers make Elway look like a rookie in SB 24 with pressure. EVERY QB can be rattled, including the suddenly sainted Ben, who just a few weeks ago was being unfairly blamed for the Bengal loss (and last years AFCCG ) by the same Steeler fans who now want to knight him as the best QB in the NFL.

Jim Kelley? ask Charles Haley or Ken Norton Jr how great he was when pressured.

You dont win 3 rings by not standing in there and taking the hits. Its not Brady who is missing games all the time with injuries.

tony hipchest
01-20-2006, 10:39 PM
sure every qb gets hit and pressured. just ask jim kelly about rod woodson or bret farve about greg lloyd. some just like it more than others and handle it better than others. bradys got an excellent win percentage. as does manning. since theyve both received this elite status (which they both deserve) once again, look at what is the contributing factor in all of their losses. getting hit early? did i say it renders them ineffective to try and mount a come back? no.

ive seen plenty of manning and brady wins where neither one is barely even touched, let alone in the 1st quarter. you can deny it all you want but i have watched enough football to know a qb flat on his back when i see it.

it is much like a rb who takes on tacklers rather than run out of bounds to lengthen their careers, i just so happen to prefer the earl campbell types.

if you wanna say brady is more tough than brett farve cause he won 3 rings that is fine by me. dont mean im gonna buy it.

every team seems to have its achilles heels. some more than others. it just so happens the patriots and colts is getting early pressure on the qb. just like some have said the steelers cant win if you take away their running game. some teams cant win if you take away their qb's clean uniform and replace it with a dirty one. jeff garcia used to be a pro-bowler when he wasnt getting touched. k. warner too. but if you hit them early they were usually ineffective or atleast not as effective as winning all the time like when they got no pressure.

pressure or hits on ben have really had no bearing on whether he wins or loses. and he dont shy away from it or try to avoid the next hit. (see the replay of tom brady scrambling and throwing an int for 100 yds for example. taking a sack isnt always a bad thing)

tony hipchest
01-20-2006, 10:46 PM
You dont win 3 rings by not standing in there and taking the hits. Its not Brady who is missing games all the time with injuries.

you dont win 4 rings by running from contact and having happy feet. brady doesnt miss games with injuries (just like manning doesnt) cause they live in a comfort zone and arent used to getting hit. havnt i been clear on this. take away that comfort zone and the losses start piling up. the 3-4 defense has been the best at taking that away from manning and the broncos have obviously had the patriots number in the brady era. w-l records dont lie right?

augustashark
01-20-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm sick and tired of any of these steeler threads turning into some sort of pats talk or brady talk....Enough is enough. Get the f**k off of this pats s**t. This is a game between our Steelers and the Broncos. We can start pats talk next Sept.

BenWard86
01-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Man its 3am and I can not sleep for shit. I think I need a couple more beers so I can get to sunday a little quicker. Then to wait til 3pm est. all man I can't take it. HELP!!!!!!!!!

3 to be 4
01-21-2006, 06:43 AM
you dont win 4 rings by running from contact and having happy feet. brady doesnt miss games with injuries (just like manning doesnt) cause they live in a comfort zone and arent used to getting hit. havnt i been clear on this. take away that comfort zone and the losses start piling up. the 3-4 defense has been the best at taking that away from manning and the broncos have obviously had the patriots number in the brady era. w-l records dont lie right?

yes, you've been clear. and incorrect. Brady gets hit plenty. And as with EVERY QB, the more he gets hit, the more mistakes hes prone to make. Same with Ben, or any of them.
watch tapes of the Bengal loss if you get a chance. And just for the record, Brady has had mixed results against Denver, including a fantastic game on MNF in 2003 when he passed to Givens for a last minute win 30-26.
the guy has been in the league 5+ years now. the idea that he hasnt taken hits and has breezed through games en route to 3 Super Bowls is ridiculous. So is the idea that any QB
isnt affected by pass pressure.
Roethlisburger has been excellent lately, but keep some perspective. There are 2 games to go, the hardest hills to climb. I think he'll be fine. But until you do it........

dibdeb2
01-21-2006, 07:18 AM
I f they don't start with their "A" game- I will need more than a valium!!!