PDA

View Full Version : Morelli's house vandalized

BB2W
01-18-2006, 04:20 PM
On Sunday, Morelli made one of the more controversial calls in NFL history, overturning what appeared to be an interception by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu. On Monday, his Stockton, Calif. home was vandalized, according to police reports.

Lieutenant Thomas Wells of the Stockton Police Department told FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer that a police report was filed after a rock was thrown through Morelli's living room window late Monday night after Morelli and his wife had gone to bed. Lt. Wells emphasized that police had no suspect and no motive in the case and could not say with any degree of certainty whether the act of vandalism was related to Sunday's call.

"We are aware of the situation and we're cooperating with police in any way we can," said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

On Monday, the NFL admitted that Morelli had erred when he used instant replay to overturn the interception. Mike Pereira, the league's VP of officiating, said in a statement that the call on the field should have stood.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

Fortunately for Morelli ? and the Steelers ? while the botched call allowed the Colts to eventually pull within a field goal, it ultimately did not play any role in the outcome of the game, which Pittsburgh won, 21-18.

link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5257526

SteelCityMan786
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
That's what he gets for messing up a crucial call. A VANDALIZED HOUSE!

Steel - X
01-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Man everyone makes mistakes dont take it out on the guys pride which to me is my home. Confront him like a man. I hate vandals thats one thing I have never done nor will. Very immature.

Milkman
01-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that was not cool to do to the man's home and family. But at least nobody was hurt.

GO STEELERS!!!!

SteelCityMan786
01-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Man everyone makes mistakes dont take it out on the guys pride which to me is my home. Confront him like a man. I hate vandals thats one thing I have never done nor will. Very immature.

He's like Terrible Tommy. He had his House Vandalized after the Jags Game.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Tommy's house was never vandalized, it was just a rumor. I wonder if this will turn out the same way?

83-Steelers-43
01-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Blowing a call and taking heat from the media, the fans and the NFL is one thing. The guy made a mistake. I doubt you ever see his face in a playoff game ever again. Hell, he might be gone from the NFL as a whole. Is that not enough? Going to a man's HOME, where his wife and kids sleep and vandalizing his house show's a total lack of class and it's completely uncalled for. Person should be locked up for a few months and when they get out, they should try finding a life.

Ambridge
01-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Lt. Wells emphasized that police had no suspect and no motive in the case and could not say with any degree of certainty whether the act of vandalism was related to Sunday's call.

After further review, the so called rock came off the ground by a mysterious source, traveled through the air and entered the window thus breaking the glass.

There is no Vandalism on the call and the rock is not charged a timeout

Brady12
01-18-2006, 08:25 PM
This is just dumb, why vandalize someone's home?

SteelCityMan786
01-18-2006, 08:35 PM

exactly. Signs of people pissed if you ask me.

24seven
01-18-2006, 08:41 PM
the guy has done nothing but extraordianry things in his off time outside of the ref biz.... he made 1 bad mistake and people banish him for it.. it's a sad world were livin in..

tony hipchest
01-18-2006, 08:58 PM
most definitely a raider fan who happens to like the steelers too.

Prosdo
01-18-2006, 10:14 PM

Ditto on that one.

Steel - X
01-19-2006, 07:42 AM
I am glad all of you seem to have the same opinions on this.

TexaSteeler
01-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm glad no one throws a rock at my house every time I screw up at work.

jbone19
01-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I agree! That's just not right. I just hope the vandals didn't take his Peyton Manning Fathead! :redface:

3 to be 4
01-20-2006, 01:29 PM
"Did you hear what happened in my home?........IN MY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN MY BEDROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE MY WIFE sleeps.....and my children come and play with their toys"

- Al Pacino as Michael Corleone in The Godfather Part II

Steel - X
01-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Thumbs up 3-4

3 to be 4
01-21-2006, 02:50 PM
"Say hello to my little friend!!!!!"