PDA

View Full Version : Steelers v. Bears 09/20/09 - Who Gets YOUR game ball?

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 06:10 PM
And your kick in the ass?

For me - my game balls go to Santo, DSep and the Steelers OL.

Kicks in the ass go to:

Obviously Skippy (though I still luv ya baby!), the Steelers secondary as a whole on those last 2 scoring drives by the Bears.

steelreserve
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
I think the offensive line played a LOT better this game, but I don't really think anyone deserves a game ball for a loss.

So much for Reed singlehandedly being the difference that wins us 2-3 games a year. Not this season.

Nice of the defense to take a series off right after his first miss. I don't know why, but I had a feeling that was going to happen. Shitty. But Reed is far and away the goat of this one.

Steelboy84
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Game ball goes to the offensive line. They played very well.

Kick in the ass goes to Tomlin for not going for it on that last 4th and 2 and putting Reed in that position.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
09-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Game ball: Ben
Kicks: Reed & Holmes

steelergirl07
09-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Game Ball-OLine, Ben, Sepulveda
Kick in the Ass-Reed, Defense

steelrush
09-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Game ball from me to the OL. Decent job they did.
I liked Rashard, Keyron Fox and Sepulveda too.

The Duke
09-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Oline definitely

Edman
09-20-2009, 06:26 PM
No game balls from me. We lost.

Reed definately gets my kick in the ass. I'll give him some sort of mulligan, but overall I have to say he cost us the game.

ricksteelers55
09-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Game ball is the OL,i really like essex today but the OL as a unit

Kick in the A is Reed of course and Santonio didnt play his best game i know it was wet and not obvious to play in those conditions but there were 2 catches that i think he should/could have made.

BTW I hope this game will help Reed realizes that he's not worth 3 mil a year.

I also wonder what are your thoughts on Logan so far this year ? Are you satisfied with his play and do you think he's bringing that much to the kick return unit and worth a roster spot ?

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Ball-Ben Kick-Reed

Stlrs4Life
09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Robbie Gould.,

eafratitpm3
09-20-2009, 06:46 PM
I can't believe some of you are giving Santo a game ball. He dropped three crucial balls, the last one in the end zone was a tough catch but I think he's made tougher.

X-Terminator
09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Reed has to make those FGs, plain and simple. I can't give him a free pass on the conditions because he kicks in similar conditions at Heinz and more often than not he makes them.

Still though, I have total confidence in him and still think we should do what we need to do to keep him around.

GridironWarrior
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Game ball goes to Cutler. He carved our D up.

Steel12
09-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Chicago game ball- Reed
Pitt KITA - Reed

Preacher
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
For me, the Kick goes to Reed and Santo. They both had chances to win the game for us, Reed with 6 points and Santo with a TD (Some may say the ball was tipped...and that could be. It did however, go right through Santo's hands.

The game ball goes to well, Our O line and RB's for starting to get it on track this game! We are going to be a very tough team to beat if we get both of those on track!

Indo
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
The O-line played very well----with extra recognition going to Kemo

you know who gets the kick

Steely McSmash
09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Game ball to Cutler.

Kick in the A to LeBeau for calling so much pressure in the 4th with it clearly not working and allowing the bears to exploit the DBs.

Not sure who has the heart to Kick Lebeau very hard so give it to Reed as well.

Rick5895
09-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Game ball to Cutler.

Kick in the A to LeBeau for calling so much pressure in the 4th with it clearly not working and allowing the bears to exploit the DBs.

Not sure who has the heart to Kick Lebeau very hard so give it to Reed as well.

YOu have to be kidding, Lebeau, good lord man. The D got pressure and forced some throws. Coverage wasn't the best.
IN the NFL you haver to take advantage of the opportunities given you. The O was in place for 2 more td's and came away with missed FG.

I thought the O Line was great as was Moore.

Reed and Homes were bone heads today. But let's get a grip it's only week 2, I still say we will finish 12-4 and go to the super bowl.

Steeldude
09-20-2009, 08:15 PM
game ball - probably harrison

kick in the ass - holmes, BR ...pretty much the whole team

stb_steeler
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh, yeah... and can somebody please show Mewelde some love? :helmet:

MM was awesome as usual...Did you see the check down Ben could of thrown to him for the possible first down, no we had to go all out and come up with nothing instead. The little chunks in the first quarter was working great, then things got to greedy.
:banging:

stairway27
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I know who doesn't get a game ball... Jeff Reed. I'd say Ben was the MVP for the Steelers. He again, drove them down and put the in position to win the game. He also was responsible for all of their points. Holmes had some key drops, and their D looks susceptible to the pass. This was a very disappointing loss. I think we made the mistakes to lose the game more than the Bears made plays to win.

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
I'd say Ben was the MVP for the Steelers. He again, drove them down and put the in position to win the game. He also was responsible for all of their points.

Ben also threw a costly pick early in the game when we were deep in the Bears' territory. He just didn't look like "our Ben" tonight, imho.

steelpride12
09-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Game ball would have to go the offensive line IMO. Im gonna get heat for this, but on passing plays except for about 2 errors they looked pretty darn good and Ben has ample time to pass all night. They finally are working out their kinks in the run game and although not perfect, is finally starting to look like Steeler football.

Preacher
09-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Ben also threw a costly pick early in the game when we were deep in the Bears' territory. He just didn't look like "our Ben" tonight, imho.

I don't know HTG.... I think Starks' guy got past him and hit Ben as he threw the ball. You can't control those.

A couple of those throws were quite out of character for him.

Then again, at least three of them were dropped. So that does affect the overall look too.

All in all, I think we see a much better team altogether next week!

tony hipchest
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
nobody.

rashard gets a pat on the back for the longest run of his career (which was probably the longest run the steelers have had since 07) though.

ben was having a great 1st half until the int. after that, his completion % went to shit. :noidea:

brick
09-20-2009, 10:22 PM
between Ben, the OL, and mendenhall, but gotta give it to mendy for diggin in and gettin tough yards, which we haven't been able to do for awhile.

FSUBoo
09-20-2009, 11:02 PM
On the interception, Ben got hit in the face or neck area, you could tell he got hit in cause he was moving his mouth like his jaw was sore. I think Mendenhall looked good tonight and actually showed some decision making and good reading of blocks. O line looked solid. Reed just looked like his head was in the game tonight. I will actually give my game ball to Tyrone Carter, who had a pretty decent game from what I saw. HUGE hit on Olsen on the sidelines that left them both stunned.

devilsdancefloor
09-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Game ball - Kemo

KITA Reed

TackleMeBen
09-21-2009, 05:46 AM
GAME BALL : Moore
My Wok upside the head : Reed.

i think our defense really missed troy today.