PDA

View Full Version : Defense and ST lost this game.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 06:12 PM
"Mr Automatic FG" you let us all down.

devilsdancefloor
09-20-2009, 06:15 PM
skippy had a bad game for sure. BUT how about that OLine!

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I miss Troy.

HughC
09-21-2009, 12:34 AM
I have a severe problem reading about special teams causing a loss ever since a certain conference championship game a few years ago.

Let's correct the problem - now.

stlrtruck
09-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Has anyone seen the sky? I keep looking up and it's not there!!! :banging:

Seriously people, the blame for this loss should go on the Chicago Bears. They're defense kept the game close, and Cutler bounced back from his pathetic display of football (last week) to make some good plays against our defense. The bears offense used max protection, and kept our LBs at bay (although I would have to agree there seemed to be a few holds that weren't called - but good teams overcome that problem)!

Yes Mr. Automatic wasn't so yesterday, but I only know one perfect person and he's never played a down for the Steelers!

Yes, the loss sucked hind horse's arse, but it's time to move on!

Fire Haley
09-21-2009, 12:41 PM
On Thursday it will be "time to move on".

Is there a school for thought-police Nazi's?

markymarc
09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I completely agree Killer! And right now I am very concerned about our defense. I know LeBeau and company will get it figured out, but right now the defense can't make the stops when needed.

Fire Haley
09-21-2009, 04:43 PM
ayep

Bears' fourth-quarter rally stuns Steelers

"When we have the lead going into the fourth quarter, we expect to be a great defense and hold onto the lead," Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel said. "I felt like all along we had control of the game, I really did."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_644182.html

stillers4me
09-21-2009, 04:46 PM
The defense drove the ball down the field twice and failed to score?????? Curse them all!

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Has anyone seen the sky? I keep looking up and it's not there!!! :banging:

Seriously people, the blame for this loss should go on the Chicago Bears. They're defense kept the game close, and Cutler bounced back from his pathetic display of football (last week) to make some good plays against our defense. The bears offense used max protection, and kept our LBs at bay (although I would have to agree there seemed to be a few holds that weren't called - but good teams overcome that problem)!

Yes Mr. Automatic wasn't so yesterday, but I only know one perfect person and he's never played a down for the Steelers!

Yes, the loss sucked hind horse's arse, but it's time to move on!

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

No one is giving any credit to da Bears for playing a very sound game all the way around. Their D stepped up with the loss of their most productive player (Urlacher) and Cutler & Co. put points on the board when the going got tough. Not to mention the fact that Lovie Smith is one helluva HC, just like our own Coach T.

We lost Game #2 of a 16 game season. As I've said in several threads - it's better to lose Game #2 in the season's infancy than to lose Game #14 when the playoffs are on the line.

Tone's Toes
09-22-2009, 03:13 AM
We scored 14 points and we're blaming our defense? I know the D is competitive and will say they should just hold every lead, but with Troy out the D isn't going to be able to shut the door all the time. The offense had to realize the D was/is missing it's best player and that they need to step up and score more than 14 points. Skippy is to blame for some of that, but so is Santonio for all his drops, Wallace for stepping out of bounds instead of getting the much needed 1st down and keeping that drive alive. Big Ben for missing a ton of open receivers after the first 2 drives etc.