PDA

View Full Version : Lets Keep The Faith Everyone

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Ok folks lets keep some things in mind here.

1.) This is only the FIRST loss of the season.

2.) PLENTY of Football remains.

Yes this team could have played better. But it's better to go through the growing pains NOW when you still have time to work them out.

So how about we all just keep the faith. We can take out the frustration on the Dinglebungals next week.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Damned straight Matt. Yes it is disappointing but I never believed the Steelers would go 16-0. Better to lose to one of our more difficult opponents before the bye and Troy's return.

I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Ricco Suavez
09-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Ok folks lets keep some things in mind here.

1.) This is only the FIRST loss of the season.

2.) PLENTY of Football remains.

Yes this team could have played better. But it's better to go through the growing pains NOW when you still have time to work them out.

So how about we all just keep the faith. We can take out the frustration on the Dinglebungals next week.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

I am with you. The naysayers will find fault win or lose. I just chill til the playoffs.

Hotrodder07
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Very true. The season is long, and we have a good football team. That said, I'm still really disappointed with this game, because I feel we should have won it.

tyler289
09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
We weren't going 16-0. Can't win 'em all.

truesteelerfan
09-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Why not?

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Anyone else want to join the believers train?

tyler289
09-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Why not?

If you're saying "Why not?" to the thought of going 16-0, I'll answer that by saying that the way this team is built, winning every game is damn near impossible. We're too high-risk, last-second for that. We're not the 2007 Pats, who had a high-end offense ad were capable of blowing out everyone.

brick
let's dwell on some positives, the run game looked as good as its been in awhile. mendy and parker really got their feet wet. we threw the game away, and the team will learn from it. and jeff reed is still a legend.

Selia25
I'll jump on the believers train. We have a long season ahead of us. No one's perfect. So let's work out the kinks now, then kick butt through the playoffs!

Justin Otstott
November is when we should be worried about loses!

ricksteelers55
I am with you. The naysayers will find fault win or lose. I just chill til the playoffs.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves,we need to play better than that in order to get into the playoffs starting next week against cincy

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 07:23 PM
let's dwell on some positives, the run game looked as good as its been in awhile. mendy and parker really got their feet wet. we threw the game away, and the team will learn from it. and jeff reed is still a legend.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

12+88=6
09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
non afc, non divisional loss. still a game that was givin' away but at least it was on the road to an nfc team.

SteelRNation
09-20-2009, 07:25 PM
We were 2-1 after three games in 2005 and won the Super Bowl. We were 2-1 after three games last year and won the Super Bowl. There is no need for panic. If we take care of the Bungles next week, we're fine. 2-1, just like out last 2 Super Bowl seasons.

SteelC7
09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
we should have won, we cant afford to lose these games, the problem that looms that we all should be worried about id that were lookin like the team from 2006, a team who wastes oppurtunities and pisses away easy wins, we should have won, now were down in our division if baltimore wins, plus, if we cant beat the bears, how are we gonna beat the packers, ravens, chargers, vikings, or even the bengals!!!

GodofGridiron
09-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Superbowl champions to a degree become complacent the follow-up season. Theres still a hangover from last seasons accomplishments but thats in the past. Last is no more.

Every team we face will bring an added intensity and focus. We have to MATCH OR EXCEED that level and be detailed oriented in EVERY FACET OF THE GAME FOR 60 MINUTES. There were players that let up or lost focus this game. It'll happen again, but this is where coaching becomes vital.

Remember this-- we cant rest on last years accomplishments and we cant stay pat and no try and upgrade. Arians has to do more with playcalling and mismatch exploitations...Ben needs to be smarter and not take sacks that cost us yards in field position.

Lets not forget injuries can/will derail a followup run for a successful defense and losing your best player puts added pressure on teammates and coaches.

That said, we shouldve had this game. Couldnt get any separation at all and let them stay close. Play with fire ya get burned....thats our asses you smell.

Ricco Suavez
09-20-2009, 07:43 PM
we should have won, we cant afford to lose these games, the problem that looms that we all should be worried about id that were lookin like the team from 2006, a team who wastes oppurtunities and pisses away easy wins, we should have won, now were down in our division if baltimore wins, plus, if we cant beat the bears, how are we gonna beat the packers, ravens, chargers, vikings, or even the bengals!!!

The Titans felt the same way this week I am sure. Let just hope we bounce back better than them. Rarely is an NFL game just a blow out in a defensive battle of two defensive minded teams. We should be use to this by now, we will win more than our share of close games and we will lose some as well.

X-Terminator
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Nah, it's over. Let's just hand the Lombardi over to the Pats* or Rats, and be like the Jets...JUST END THE SEASON.

:coffee:

GridironWarrior
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
With the way the Ravens and Jets are playing Pitt will be lucky to make it as wildcard. Which is what they'll get if they keep playing like this. And you know what those teams have that give them an edge? A Oline and they can run. This team can't run and they lack fire so far.

fansince'76
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Nah, it's over. Let's just hand the Lombardi over to the Pats* or Rats, and be like the Jets...JUST END THE SEASON.

:coffee:

What he said. :coffee:

mulldog24
09-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey I hated losing this game as much as anyone, but we beat ourselves. Ben wasn't as sharp today and Holmes dropped a few key passes and our D-fense wasn't as " shut-down" as usual and mr.automatic Reed missed. But these are things that we will fix like everything else believe in the coaches and staff. It's better to get these kind of things fixed earlier than later besides we allways play our best football with a little pressure on us! :tt03::tt02: KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

welder4pit
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
we should have won, we cant afford to lose these games, the problem that looms that we all should be worried about id that were lookin like the team from 2006, a team who wastes oppurtunities and pisses away easy wins, we should have won, now were down in our division if baltimore wins, plus, if we cant beat the bears, how are we gonna beat the packers, ravens, chargers, vikings, or even the bengals!!! Unfortunatel i agree. We lucky to b 1and1 and the bungles should be 2-0 going to be interesting next week :banging:

desertsteel
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
We shoulda won this game much in the same way we gave the Giants game away last year. We got over that and we'll get over this one.

The Steelers just don't have the type of team to overcome missed 4th Q field goals. We're not built for that. Reed better not go in a funk after this. That's my only worry after this loss.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM
The 24 hr rule is in effect - fans should feel free to say anything they want without holier-than-thou "true fans" spouting off and stiffling comments.

People come here to vent so they don't have to beat the dog or shoot the wife.

Get over yourselves.

X-Terminator
09-20-2009, 09:07 PM
The 24 hr rule is in effect - fans should feel free to say anything they want without holier-than-thou "true fans" spouting off and stiffling comments.

Get over yourselves.

And if you're getting that worked up over a FOOTBALL GAME, then it isn't the "holier-than-thou true fans" who have the issues.

So YOU get over YOURself.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
The parrots have landed.

bawk

Sunshine and rainbows

bawk

vindrow
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Now, I for one am not saying that the season is over...there is still 14 weeks of football to go and I still believe that they will make the playoffs, but they need to do a lot better in the future than they did today. They had an off day and I believe that Tomlin will get them ready for next week and hopefully they will play better.

They just did what they usually do and play down to their opponent..especially someone they should beat.

Preacher
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
The parrots have landed.

bawk

Sunshine and rainbows

bawk

I feel quite sorry for you if a game that 106 men play for one hour, whom you probably have never met beyond a "hello" "Yes, I'll sign this" or "get out of my way kid" has this much affect on you.

May I suggest you find some balance in your life outside of football.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 09:23 PM
That's loser talk. Are you sober? How boring is that?

Football is way more important than life.

Preacher
09-20-2009, 09:32 PM
That's loser talk. Are you sober? How boring is that?

Football is way more important than life.

Loser talk? I didn't lose anything today. I didn't play.

Sober? Yes. Boring? No. I don't need anything to "help" enjoy life.

(of course, this post could simply be the posterchild post for a sarcasm smiley)

stb_steeler
09-20-2009, 09:38 PM
With the way the Ravens and Jets are playing Pitt will be lucky to make it as wildcard. Which is what they'll get if they keep playing like this. And you know what those teams have that give them an edge? A Oline and they can run. This team can't run and they lack fire so far.

I thought the Steelers running game was working good, till for some reason it stopped. For some reason i was actually excited about it again, but then it vanished. We cant expect the running game to get better when its not used much.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Sober? Yes. Boring? No. I don't need anything to "help" enjoy life.

(of course, this post could simply be the posterchild post for a sarcasm smiley)

I love - when Preacher gets pissed off.

I hate - kickers.

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Or better yet, let's not. The real fans don't need to be talked into staying on the bandwagon and I'd just as soon not deal with the drama from the front-runner posers.

I'm directing that more so at the fans who act more so as the bandwagoners.

Get over yourselves.

I'm not saying you can't express your opinions. Vent if you wish, you don't think I need to take some anger out every once in awhile?

You're calling me a "true fan?" Funny part is, those fans like me are attempting to put this game behind us and think about the Bungals. We understand people need to vent.

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2009, 09:52 PM
The "24 Hour Rule"?? Who invented *that* touchy-feely crap? :toofunny:

I don't mean to get into a peein' contest over this, but *come on!!*
I'm supposed to be all silent and supportive so some emotionally unhinged weakling doesn't go and take the Mossberg to his significant other because the Steelers lost a game??? God! Those folks musta been on suicide watch back in the '80s.
I don't know who these people might be, but they certainly didn't grow up in my neck of the woods in my era; *we* learned how to channel our disappointment a little more constructively than that. *Nobody* who grew up in Pittsburgh in the '70s and and survived the implosion of the steel industry behaves like a spoiled little snot every time things don't go perfectly; those folks would've all died off early.
Pittsburghers hitch up our shorts, laugh about it, try to figure out what went wrong, and do it again next week.
And I don't know if these people didn't get the memo or what, but Steeler games are always like this. They're always close, and we are capable of defeating or losing to any team in the league.
I can't imagine any member of "Steeler Nation" actually needing to be told to "keep the faith"; we've been twirling towels for about as long as we've been walking.
Who are these people who need to be told that? And do we really need them??

I just don't get it...

Slash, this is directed more so at the fans that only show up whenever the team is failing but don't say a word when they win.

SteelCityMan786
09-20-2009, 10:03 PM
SSM,
I understand where you're coming from, but the people you describe don't sound like any "fans" I've ever met in my entire life.
That's why I'm askin': Who are these people?

Slash,

On this board, we've had people come out here after losses and only post to bash the team whenever they fall.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Vent if you wish

"True fans" can...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/139/326231504_13581bcfa9.jpg?v=0

Preacher
09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
"True fans" can...

Here, let me get that kick-started for you!

:buttkick:

steelpride12
09-20-2009, 10:16 PM
I believe now and always will! One loss and it was a well fought game! The OL looked great in passing situations and the running game started to form!
Reed missed 2 fields goals and that was the game.

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't know who these people might be, but they certainly didn't grow up in my neck of the woods in my era; *we* learned how to channel our disappointment a little more constructively than that. *Nobody* who grew up in Pittsburgh in the '70s and and survived the implosion of the steel industry behaves like a spoiled little snot every time things don't go perfectly; those folks would've all died off early.
Pittsburghers hitch up our shorts, laugh about it, try to figure out what went wrong, and do it again next week.

Couldn't have said it ANY better! :applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit::thumbsup::drink:

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 10:20 PM
rah rah siss boom bah

nice pom-poms

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 10:21 PM
"True fans" can...

Here ya go K - you can thank me tomorrow after you clean the porcelain god and pop a few aspirin. :flap:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wTKEFIKSrvg/SKQgO1ebazI/AAAAAAAAFkc/jZDljoVz9l0/s400/1_21_beer_molson_canadian.jpg

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I hate Canada too.....and kickers

HometownGal
09-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I hate Canada too.....and kickers

I hate drunks but with you, I'll make an exception. :wink02::chuckle:

T.Richardson
09-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Bench holmes!

stlrtruck
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Well so much for 16-0, but there's still 15-1 (lol).

I must be crazy but didn't the Steelers lose a few games last year too? Bottom line, everyone should recognize that they're going to have off-days, bad-days, or whatever else you want to call it. Could they have played better yesterday? YES! Should they have won? I believe so. But they didn't.

So we move on to the bungals! Time to rebound and keep moving.

Indo
09-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Believer?

It has NEVER been in question
I'm a Steelers fan. Period.

I was in the 70s

I was in the 80s---'tho it was just sickening at times to see The Black and Gold play that way

And I am now.

ALWAYS

(BTW, everybody gets a Mulligan...
and---prepare yourselves--- this ain't the only game were gonna lose this year. I don't think I saw any predictions on this board saying we were going 16-0)

We lost one (even if we Should have won it). Big friggin' deal. Next.)

X-Terminator
09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
So I see. :laughing:
My point is that I grew up with Steeler fans and have met a lot of Steeler fans in my time, but I've never seen any of them do that. So who are these folks and why do we keep referring to them as "fans"?
The people I call Steeler fans don't throw tantrums. Especially not after such a solid showing as we had tonight.
Maybe it's just that I'm getting old and still remember Bubby Brister. :noidea:
I mean, sometimes you do everything well and you lose anyway. Nobody I grew up with just gives up under those circumstances. 2 games into a season when we just won the SUPERBOWL??

Well, if you see any more of those fans and they have internet connections, could you point them this way, please? We can use a few more fans around here with perspective, rather than all of the sky-is-falling doomsday scenario, "the season is over in week 2" Nancy-boy whiny beeatches we always seem to attract.

GridironWarrior
09-21-2009, 11:01 AM
The problem is that people donít want a repeat of what happened in 06 after they won the super bowl. How many games did they play that year that should have won but didnít? This game reminded me of the Jags game in 06 and the Falcons won. We could have easily won both but failed to show up. This team looks to content and lacks that fire they had last year.

markymarc
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
The entire team appeared flat yesterday, but the best part of the loss is the fact that it was against an NFC team. Now the Steelers just need to prepare to kick some Bungles asses!

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Well, who's to say what might happen? This might well be a repeat of '06. If it is, would that be the end of the world? I don't think so. Fussing about an 8-8 season seems a little spoiled considering how blessed this team has been during my lifetime.
But looking at the specific problems that (narrowly) cost us this game, it certainly seems a bit premature to start comparing this to '06. They looked good IMO last night. I think they looked better last night than they looked in game 1.

X-terminator,

I'll put the word out. I've indoctrinated a few since I moved out here to Iowegia. Pretty fertile ground; they're already used to rooting for black 'n' gold... :chuckle:

Great post Slash! :drink: I'm outta rep tonight but I'll catch ya tomorrow!

I've said it many, many times on this board - Steelers fans on the whole are spoiled and most of these "new agers" as I call the under 25 crowd are spoiled little BRATS. They expect and demand absolute perfection from the Steelers season in and season out and don't give them any margin for error. Makes me want to :puke: I'm sure fans of the Lions and most other NFL teams wish they had our "spoils".

steeldawg
09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
I think if we could convert short yardage situations our offense would be unstoppable

SteelCityMan786
09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Great post Slash! :drink: I'm outta rep tonight but I'll catch ya tomorrow!

I've said it many, many times on this board - Steelers fans on the whole are spoiled and most of these "new agers" as I call the under 25 crowd are spoiled little BRATS. They expect and demand absolute perfection from the Steelers season in and season out and don't give them any margin for error. Makes me want to :puke: I'm sure fans of the Lions and most other NFL teams wish they had our "spoils".

Indeed some of my own generation is spoiled. We've(My generation) been lucky enough to see the Steelers go to 3 Super Bowls and win 2 of them and see the team appear 12 times in the playoffs. It wouldn't stun me if those few people who are in that crowd didn't stand by the team in 2006, 2003, 1998-2000, and 1991.(Though most will not remember 1991). Those are the only times we have had to see a losing season. My generation doesn't keep in mind we could've had to put up with the crap that happened in the 1980s or for those that have been around even longer, what happened during the 1930s-1960s.

Bottom line, my generation needs to be more thankful(or those nearest to my generation) for the fact we've been able to enjoy a very successful time in Steelers history.

So I see. :laughing:
My point is that I grew up with Steeler fans and have met a lot of Steeler fans in my time, but I've never seen any of them do that. So who are these folks and why do we keep referring to them as "fans"?
The people I call Steeler fans don't throw tantrums. Especially not after such a solid showing as we had tonight.
Maybe it's just that I'm getting old and still remember Bubby Brister. :noidea:
I mean, sometimes you do everything well and you lose anyway. Nobody I grew up with just gives up under those circumstances. 2 games into a season when we just won the SUPERBOWL??

We call them the Bandwagoners.

Fire Haley
09-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I just don't get it...

Rule #1 - anybody that takes anything written on a message board seriously is an idiot.

then you get the flock of parrots who call out Arians in every single thread

We call them hypocrits

The defense couldn't stop Cutler with the game on the line.

You gonna call out Lebeau? Yet you blame another coordinator?

hypocrits

Everybody blaming Arians should be blaming Lebeau too.

Where you parrots at?

bawk