PDA

View Full Version : Positive things today....

Preacher
09-20-2009, 07:22 PM
1. Very important. We got our run game going today. Not great, but going.

2. Timmons had a decent game.

3. It took a lot of mistakes to have the Bears beat us. Like last year, its a game we should have won. Much better than actually being outplayed.

4. It was an OUT OF CONFERENCE game. So if we are tied with anyone at the end of the season for either home field advantage, or a wildcard spot, this loss won't hurt us.

5. Our D starting hitting again today. We seemed to be missing that last week.

6. Our line had points where they looked REAL good today. They are a still a work in progress. But some progress can be seen.

Edman
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
This game reminded me of the 2006 team.

Clicking on all cylinders and lose the game due to missed opportunities.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Screw the running game - it's still a L.

Stupid Ratbirds take advantage of a braindead Chargers team. Their defense made the stop.

Our defense looked weak and pitiful against the pass. Gave up HUGE drives.

There is nothing worth watching again - I deleted that crap.

7SteelGal43
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
My positives are the O-line and the run game looked better. IMO :tt03: Bring on the BUNGLES

Preacher
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Screw the running game - it's still a L.

Stupid Ratbirds take advantage of a braindead Chargers team. Their defense made the stop.

Our defense looked weak and pitiful against the pass. Gave up HUGE drives.

There is nothing worth watching again - I deleted that crap.

So with all due respect, why come into a thread that says POSITIVES... and spew that?

Edman
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry, Preach. I can't take anything positive from this. We lost. Period.

If we lose to the Bengals next week and Willie and Mendy go over 200 combined, it would still be an L. I don't care about the running game and the O-Line, I care about winning. If the Steelers don't win, then the week is a bust. No Moral Victories. Those are only for losers. Like the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Pirates' of the world.

This embarrassing game is over with. On to the Bengals.

GBMelBlount
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Positives? I'm positive we won't underestimate Cutler again.... :chuckle:

Franco32Harris
09-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I was very happy to see we started to get a run game going today and I thought we should have stuck with it, I thought it seemed like we were afraid to commit to it.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
So with all due respect, why come into a thread that says POSITIVES... and spew that?

Because it's the truth?

There is noting positive about a loss, we aren't Browns fans who need a "moral victory " or a "competitive loss'.

Steellers had the game and the kicker BLEW it.

The Duke
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Positives? Getting reed at a cheaper price next year :chuckle:

And the oline was great for most of the game. Run blocking is still iffy, but ben had a lot of time back there

GridironWarrior
09-20-2009, 07:47 PM
No positives from this game. A loss is a loss. Whole team looked flat.

Hotrodder07
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I see positives, because I feel that we should have won that game. O-line looked better. Still not spectacular, but Ben usually had time to throw, even when the Bears blitzed us. Running game got going a bit more today. Ben looked good again. Playcalling was good.

I try to see the positive side of things. It's hard after a loss, though...

X-Terminator
09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
50 lashes with a wet noodle for you too, Preach.

You've been on this board more than long enough to know that positive thinking after a loss is strictly forbidden. The sky is falling, we're the 5th best team in the league, we're not making the playoffs and the season may as well be over.

And people ask me why I become less and less of a football fan every year.

Bring on the Pens.

ricksteelers55
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
there is no way that we can blame the OL today.In fact I thought they played well against the Titans too(except for some plays but nobody's perfect)

Like you said there are a lot of positive things today in fact I thought there were more positives than negatives.

But my concerns are:

Stefan Logan...I havent seen the Logan that we've seen in preseason yet.(I know it's only week 2,but dont forget we carry a roster spot for him we need results)

Tyrone Carter...he hits hard but i wasnt impressed with his coverage(specially in red zone defense)

The Running game got better but I want to see more of Rashard and Memo....too much of willie tonight although he's going in the right direction

Hotrodder07
09-20-2009, 08:09 PM
there is no way that we can blame the OL today.In fact I thought they played well against the Titans too(except for some plays but nobody's perfect)

Like you said there are a lot of positive things today in fact I thought there were more positives than negatives.

But my concerns are:

Stefan Logan...I havent seen the Logan that we've seen in preseason yet.(I know it's only week 2,but dont forget we carry a roster spot for him we need results)

Tyrone Carter...he hits hard but i wasnt impressed with his coverage(specially in red zone defense)

The Running game got better but I want to see more of Rashard and Memo....too much of willie tonight although he's going in the right direction

I don't know about criticizing Logan, just yet. He wasn't stellar, but he did have 1 return that went for about 20 yards. He did better than Hester today.

Leftoverhard
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing: good one

Shoes
09-20-2009, 08:22 PM

That's as positive as it gets for some folks Preach :chuckle:

Preacher
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Because it's the truth?

There is noting positive about a loss, we aren't Browns fans who need a "moral victory " or a "competitive loss'.

Steellers had the game and the kicker BLEW it.

So let me get this straight.

When we win, there are many many negatives to take away from it. WHen we lose, there are NEVER any positives to take away from it?

That once again makes me ask the question, THEN WHY COME INTO A THREAD ABOUT POSITIVES?

mulldog24
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
My positives are the O-line looked good and I think that as the season progresses the O-line will too.The same for Wallace I think that he will be a good WR for us and he will make some good plays this season.

Preacher
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM

And the oline was great for most of the game. Run blocking is still iffy, but ben had a lot of time back there

:rofl:

Leftoverhard
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not negative about this loss at all.

Mendenhall looked awesome, so did MeMo, as usual.

Some guys had an off night - and hell yes, someone way underestimated babyface - but whatever - it wasn't a blowout.

This is completely off topic - but
my pain receptors still hurt from that rediculous hit on Olsen. Ouch!

Shoes
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM

But my concerns are:

LOGAN! :banging: He's #3 in the AFC and # 6 overall for rk

Justin Otstott
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry, Preach. I can't take anything positive from this. We lost. Period.

If we lose to the Bengals next week and Willie and Mendy go over 200 combined, it would still be an L. I don't care about the running game and the O-Line, I care about winning. If the Steelers don't win, then the week is a bust. No Moral Victories. Those are only for losers. Like the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Pirates' of the world.

This embarrassing game is over with. On to the Bengals.

Guess we should win every game huh? I mean the Steelers are unstoppable! :coffee:

X-Terminator
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Guess we should win every game huh? I mean the Steelers are unstoppable! :coffee:

Of course we should. The Steelers have to win every game 100-0, or else they suck.

Amazing that we STILL have this mentality for a team that's won 2 of the last 4 Super Bowls.

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM
OK - here's something positive for the day.

Brady Quinn = Charlie Frye

The Browns couldn't score in a women's prison.

Christian Snyder
09-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Our running game looked better and our o-line looked better...

Steely McSmash
09-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Colon and Essex looked good vs some good guys across from them. I thought this was the tougher matchup on the OL going in.

Ben looked great.

Good to see the offense starting out hot for once.

Also some unpredictability on that first drive. Lining it up with 3 backs and then passing to Spaeth for the score.

If Spaeth is going to play, may as well throw to him since he's a pretty decent receiver and a good tall target.

LVSteelersfan
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
I didn't think they looked flat at all today. Perhaps the defense was a little shaky with Polomolu's absence, but I think they looked pretty darn good at times today considering the sloppy field conditions. This team will be just fine and no way do they look anything like that 2006 team. That is absurd.

Leftoverhard
09-20-2009, 09:32 PM
We held Matt Forte to 29 rushing yards (cough, cough and 33 passing, had to add that for negative balance).

Not bad at all.

Oh, and the Cowboys are losing - what isn't positive about that?

Fire Haley
09-20-2009, 09:42 PM
WHY COME INTO A THREAD ABOUT POSITIVES?

Because if I have to be miserable, then I'm dragging all you titsticks down with me.:flap:

stairway27
09-20-2009, 09:53 PM
OL looked much better. Ben looked good. RM34 showed some flashes. Non Conference loss. We beat ourselves. Run D looked great. Lots of positives. Still have a Superbowl caliber team.

RunWillieRun
09-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Positive?

I had to work today so I missed what sounds like a disgusting performance by the steelers today.

Leftoverhard
09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Positive?

I had to work today so I missed what sounds like a disgusting performance by the steelers today.

No - we just lost by a hair. :helmet:

The Lakelander
09-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Positives? I'm positive we won't underestimate Cutler again.... :chuckle:

I'm postive we won't play him again. :chuckle:

Preacher
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm postive we won't play him again. :chuckle:

Who knows...we may see him again in February.

steelreserve
09-21-2009, 12:33 AM
1. Very important. We got our run game going today. Not great, but going.

2. Timmons had a decent game.

3. It took a lot of mistakes to have the Bears beat us. Like last year, its a game we should have won. Much better than actually being outplayed.

4. It was an OUT OF CONFERENCE game. So if we are tied with anyone at the end of the season for either home field advantage, or a wildcard spot, this loss won't hurt us.

5. Our D starting hitting again today. We seemed to be missing that last week.

6. Our line had points where they looked REAL good today. They are a still a work in progress. But some progress can be seen.

7. The Patriots lost. That makes me feel 50% better just out of spite.