PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments Won and Lost this game

eafratitpm3
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Plain and simple Chicago's defense adjusted to our O but our defense could never adjust to their O. As a die hard Steeler fan I hate to say it but the better team won today. It's only one loss guys. We will either learn from it or it will be a long season. I have my money on we learn fromo it.:tt:

stlrtruck
09-21-2009, 08:39 AM
It seems our defensive weakness is when a team goes in to MAX protection. It limits our pass rushers who are built to kill with speed. Also with our blitzers missing several sacks in the game by not tackling properly as well as the bear's WRs getting in the holes in the zone, you are right, the better team won - today!

OneForTheToe
09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
We gave up 17 points. The last three in the final seconds. You should win most games when that is all the points you surrender. The Ratbirds gave up almost double the points and won. The D had some breakdowns, but the other team always has guys that can make plays as well.

eafratitpm3
09-21-2009, 12:51 PM
It doesn't matter how many points you give up. If a team is doing something that you can't stop you adjust and find a way to stop it. I think out of all Cutlers throws yesterday he may have completed 2-3 over 10 yards in the air. The rest were about 2 yards and run after the catch for about 8-10 yards. When you are 2nd and 3 as an offense you have more options than a defense. The Bears didn't have many 3rd and longs on their TD drives.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Any chance we can see Deshea Townsend move to safety for the rest of the time Troy is out?

Carter can hit, but he can't seem to cover. Townsend can cover and he can hit. I think he can play the SS position and have a bigger impact on the game until Troy comes back.

steelreserve
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
It doesn't matter how many points you give up. If a team is doing something that you can't stop you adjust and find a way to stop it. I think out of all Cutlers throws yesterday he may have completed 2-3 over 10 yards in the air. The rest were about 2 yards and run after the catch for about 8-10 yards. When you are 2nd and 3 as an offense you have more options than a defense. The Bears didn't have many 3rd and longs on their TD drives.

That's probably it right there. They were running a lot of screens and short passes, which was the right thing for their offense and in that weather. We kept running into problems when we tried to throw for 20 yards at a time, and although we had some nice gains on the ground, they weren't consistent enough to keep drives going. We aren't very good at screens for some reason, but I did notice when we had success, it seemed like we were throwing a lot of shorter passes to Ward, Miller, etc.

Makes me wonder if having Sweed available would've made a difference. Because Wallace was completely ineffective in that crap.

eafratitpm3
09-21-2009, 01:16 PM
I just never understood why we were giving their TE's and WR's a cushion, why not come up and press them?

stb_steeler
09-21-2009, 01:18 PM
That's probably it right there. They were running a lot of screens and short passes, which was the right thing for their offense and in that weather. We kept running into problems when we tried to throw for 20 yards at a time, and although we had some nice gains on the ground, they weren't consistent enough to keep drives going. We aren't very good at screens for some reason, but I did notice when we had success, it seemed like we were throwing a lot of shorter passes to Ward, Miller, etc.

Makes me wonder if having Sweed available would've made a difference. Because Wallace was completely ineffective in that crap.

Steelers were running alot of screens in the first quarter...Wonder why they got away from it?

markymarc
09-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Time to get ready for the Bungles.

mmalone
09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
If a team is doing something that you can't stop you adjust and find a way to stop it. .

hmm....

Like our first quarter drives. We had a handful of great plays that worked well.

Then. We never ran them again....

Chicago didnt stop us. We just stop doing what worked???

:popcorn: