PDA

View Full Version : Steelers lost 1 game! whoop dee doo!

T.Richardson
09-20-2009, 09:49 PM
its not the end of the world folks. Now Tomlin can assess what went wrong, and go on from there, no need to ponder on the what if situations, Get over it! a loss is a loss, no team is perfect.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Exactly.

We weren't going 19-0.

If we go 18-1, I would much rather lose this game than the Super Bowl.

We play the Bengals next week. Time to focus on them and get a win next week. They looked pretty good against Green Bay.

KeiselPower99
09-20-2009, 10:34 PM
We played tough and physical. Alot of good came out of this game, Time to get ready for the Bengals.

Preacher
09-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Exactly.

We weren't going 19-0.

If we go 18-1, I would much rather lose this game than the Super Bowl.

We play the Bengals next week. Time to focus on them and get a win next week. They looked pretty good against Green Bay.

How sweet it would be to look at a Pats* fan and say, "our 18-1 means a heck of a lot more than yours does!"
:helmet:

Sharkissle29
09-20-2009, 10:39 PM
I think the weather played a big factor. if we play them in dry weather, we would flat out destroy them...we are a much faster football team than them

steelax04
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I think this is something they needed. Hopefully they all take it as a wake-up call for the season.

HughC
09-21-2009, 01:02 AM
How sweet it would be to look at a Pats* fan and say, "our 18-1 means a heck of a lot more than yours does!"
Yeah, no kidding. It's one game people, time for some perspective. I know there were some that looked at the teams on our schedule and thought we could go 16-0. Pats proved the pressure from starting 16-0 isn't worth it.

Finishing 16-0 however, now that would be sweet!

Steelers & I
09-21-2009, 01:45 AM
No one said that it was the end of the world. The Steelers lost a few games last season, it happens. Fans are allowed to gripe a little after a loss. The players sure as hell aren't patting each other on the back and saying, "Oh well, who cares, it's just one loss". The players will think about for a day or two before directing their attention to Cincinnati. The fans have the same right, we can complain for a day or two.

Galax Steeler
09-21-2009, 04:26 AM
We will be ok we lost one so what lets get ready and face the Bengals next week and get a win.

OneForTheToe
09-21-2009, 04:40 AM
Best news is we came out pretty healthy. And Carson will surely be a pal and throw us a few picks next week.

solardave
09-21-2009, 04:58 AM
I think the weather played a big factor. if we play them in dry weather, we would flat out destroy them...we are a much faster football team than them

It was wet for them too. They made their field goal we missed 2. Harrison gets pushed into their QB and they call ruffing. Things like that happen. We are going to get bad calls so all the more reason not to drop passes.( totally uncharacteristic of Holmes) I recorded the game and watched it late last night. I went to bed cussing like a drunken sailor. However I agree it's a wake up call. We'll have to play near perfect every week because they're coming at us. I thought the running game looked better.The O-line was opening up holes.

GridironWarrior
09-21-2009, 08:06 AM
This team lacks the fire of last year's. Reminds me of 06.

TackleMeBen
09-21-2009, 08:10 AM
first of all, this title reminded of adam sandler in the wedding singer..lol..

second, there were some positives from this loss. the OL opened a few holes for the run game. and they protected ben better.

i have fussed about the OL in the past, but after watching the game, i think they get blamed more than what they deserve, they cant hold off Dlineman for ever, ben needs to compromise with holding on to the ball for long periods of time. i am afraid that might be our downfall.(i hope its not)

SteelCityKing
09-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Bears legend Mike Ditkas said it best, "one game doesn't make a season."

i just don't get how they were making a stink over Cutler's horrible performance last week and then he stepped up and beat the defending champions this week. now he is dubbed, "The Bears Savior"...what a crock of shit. the only reason they lost that game was Reed. period.

but..."one game doesn't make a season."

fansince'76
09-21-2009, 08:35 AM
This team lacks the fire of last year's. Reminds me of 06.

Funny, considering that all you did was bitch about the OL with last year's team.

CanadianSteel
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Kind of ironic that when the Oline palys decent we loose, when they stink up the joint we seem to find ways to win.

We need to put up more points plain and simple - 13 and 14 points per game will not win us many games this year IMO...

Versus Bengals without Troy actually worry me a little bit....

Fire Haley
09-21-2009, 11:43 AM
We need to put up more points plain and simple - 13 and 14 points per game will not win us many games this year IMO...

Versus Bengals without Troy actually worry me a little bit....

It;s kind of hard for the offense to get on the field to score when the defense is giving up 97 yd TD drives.

Yes - Cincy definitely has the look of a team that can beat us.

Steelboy84
09-21-2009, 03:48 PM
We'll be back, and it may be only one game, but Baltimore is now 2-0. It may not be significant to anyone else, but remember last year the Ratbirds were looking up at us............

AllD
09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I think this is something they needed. Hopefully they all take it as a wake-up call for the season.

Exactly. Giving up the short flats kept the Titans in the game and allowed the Bears to get in it. No way to sack Cutler if he gets rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds. Adjust coverage for that. If he tries to go long he goes on his butt. Reed needs to get his head straight and come back strong.

Teams and getting the short dump offs to avoid the sack and get positive yards. Seems effective. We need to play smarter and not lose any scoring opportunites whether it be a pick or fumble in scoring rage or missing FGs. Reed makes those two FGs and the story is different. But teams are getting closer and the Bears got lucky.

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 04:50 PM
this loss was a huge loss because it was the "next game".

the steelers were 12-4 last year. there were 4 games exactly like this we were lucky enough to pull out. dallas, SD, ravens X 2.

if 2 of those games go the way the bears game did, we are 10-6, the patriots make the playoff, and the steelers are on the outside looking in.

lose 1 game to the ravens and we possibly lose the division title in a tiebreaker with them.

i will not minimize this loss. we had 8 horrible losses in our last season as defending champions. if we woulda won just one of those, we make it into the playoffs as the final wildcard (6-2 down the stretch).

the vikings, packers, SD, bunglesX2, ravensX2 are no joke.

just saying favre will turn into interception machine, flacco will have sophmore slump, palmer will be palmer, and rivers sux, will not make them have a game like jay cutler did in week one.

i think alot of people here just assumed cutler owed the steelers 4 interceptions this week.

lets not forget ben can easilly throw 3 interceptions in a game too (he did it what... 3 or 4 times last year?)

4xSBChamps
09-21-2009, 05:01 PM

last-week, a Patriot fan on this site was crowing about 'being the Champion of the Buffalo Bills'.....
:doh:

I guess this week, the Pats are the New York Jets' new ho.....
:flap:

LOTTA football let this season, and time for 'em Stillers to improve what ails them:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/test/ODDBALLSAYS.jpg
"... have a little-faith, Baby!!!"