PDA

View Full Version : 5-2 at the Bye Week

moedap
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
A loss to an NFC team doesnt hurt as much as a loss to an AFC team.
I am predicting we will be 5-2 at the Bye Week.
Next weeks game is a must win.
A rejuvenated Bengals in Cincinatti will be tough sledding.
Ravens playing a trap game against the Browns and will lose.
The Pats will further expose the Ravens problems on defense the following week.
Like Tomlin says the Steelers are everyones homecoming they must be mentally ready for the challenge every week.

steelrush
09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
A rejuvenated Bengals in Cincinatti will be tough sledding.

Yes indeed. They'll be tough.

Ravens playing a trap game against the Browns and will lose.

Are you kidding me? The Ratbirds seemed extremelly proeficient against the Chargers. They'll sweep the Brownies aside.

The Pats will further expose the Ravens problems on defense the following week.

Hahaha....Pats just took a shocker yesterday in N.Y.C. And that was administrated by the Jets' defense which is way below the Ratbirds'.

steelpride12
09-21-2009, 09:11 AM
All that matters to me this week is preparing for the Bungles.

GridironWarrior
09-21-2009, 09:11 AM
4-3 at the bye. They'll lose the Vikings and possibly San Diego.

revefsreleets
09-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I don't think this schedule is going to be QUITE as easy as earlier predicted. The Titans will rebound and make the playoffs, the Bears are a very good team, the Bengals look like they MIGHT have their act together, San Diego played tough without their starting C and LT, and will be a better team when we face them, the Vikes may be the best team in the NFC...the only "easy" game we have before the bye is Detroit...

Crow-Magnon
09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't think this schedule is going to be QUITE as easy as earlier predicted. The Titans will rebound and make the playoffs, the Bears are a very good team, the Bengals look like they MIGHT have their act together, San Diego played tough without their starting C and LT, and will be a better team when we face them, the Vikes may be the best team in the NFC...the only "easy" game we have before the bye is Detroit...

That final shocked me. I figured Fisher and the Titans were going to come out and dominate after losing in Week 1. This season is starting to look like a big let-down for Tennessee. Not that I care, of course. Cincinnati also surprised me. Ater looking flaccid against Denver, they showed a lot of resilience against a tough Packers team in Lambeau. The Vikings season cannot be looked at too seriously at this point. They look good right now, but whether Favre can stay healthy and productive remains to be seen. Definitely at the top of the NFC, though.

Mags87
09-21-2009, 11:23 AM
The Vikings season cannot be looked at too seriously at this point. They look good right now, but whether Favre can stay healthy and productive remains to be seen.

i agree with this whole heartedley. i live on the ND/MN border so all i heard about was Favre is gonna be Purple Jesus for the vikes. but at the end of the day, T. Jackson is his backup and its still Brad Childress coaching them. i still have a feeling about Hotlanta and Philly in the NFC. The vikes are really good at losing to the Eagles in the playoffs and i believe in Matt Ryan.

Crow-Magnon
09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
i agree with this whole heartedley. i live on the ND/MN border so all i heard about was Favre is gonna be Purple Jesus for the vikes. but at the end of the day, T. Jackson is his backup and its still Brad Childress coaching them. i still have a feeling about Hotlanta and Philly in the NFC. The vikes are really good at losing to the Eagles in the playoffs and i believe in Matt Ryan.

The Vikes were a good team last year, but once again failed to go far in the post-season. Atlanta looks good so far. Ryan is a good QB.

revefsreleets
09-21-2009, 12:48 PM
They had a shitty QB. All Favre has to do is be average, and they'll win 11-12 games. His post-season experience will help them a lot.

Crow-Magnon
09-21-2009, 01:12 PM
They had a shitty QB. All Favre has to do is be average, and they'll win 11-12 games. His post-season experience will help them a lot.

That's true, but he needs to remain at least average for 16 games. So far, so good. He looked relatively good in the first half of the season last year, too. His experience in the post-season is certainly a big help, though. No doubt about it.

revefsreleets
09-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Saying "They'll only go as far as their starting QB's health dictates" pretty much goes for every team in the NFL.

MACH1
09-21-2009, 01:26 PM

http://therealbarackobama.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sky-is-falling.jpg

hindes204
09-21-2009, 01:31 PM
15-1 season, and a seventh super bowl

Ravnet
09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Saying "They'll only go as far as their starting QB's health dictates" pretty much goes for every team in the NFL.

I strangely agree with you.

SteelTalons
09-21-2009, 03:54 PM

Your already saying we lose to the Vikings? Really? As long as the wheels don't fall off the bus again like this week. We should be able to win both... Not saying we will, they are to good teams, but its not impossible. Your making the Vikes sound like they are gonna blow a hole through our asses and we should just curl up and wait for the beating to be over.

The_WARDen
09-21-2009, 04:03 PM
I had them 6-1 at the bye and I'll stay with that prediction.

AllD
09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Bengals better be ready for a pissed off Ben Roethlisberger and mean James Harrison. Expect Ward to surpass 10,000 yards in a big go-to game.

markymarc
09-21-2009, 05:45 PM
IMO Tomlin will have the entire team fired up and ready to kick some Bungles butt on Sunday. Right now I say we end up going 6-1 at the bye week.

ricksteelers55
09-21-2009, 06:33 PM

I cant wait to see the Steelers putting some consecutive wins so we wont see you and your negativity on the forum for a while

X-Terminator
09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Um people...PLEASE quit quoting GridironWorrier? I might as well NOT have him on ignore!

Preacher
09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Um people...PLEASE quit quoting GridironWorrier? I might as well NOT have him on ignore!

:chuckle:

Don't you love it when that happens!

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 07:25 PM
And that was administrated by the Jets' defense which is way below the Ratbirds'.

Did you watch the Jets/Cheats* game yesterday afternoon? The Jets D is not a group to be taken for granted. They looked quick, sharp and have some real talent there. On top of that - Rex Ryan is their new DC and he's done a great job revamping and remolding them. Yes - the Ratfinks D is better on the whole, but the Jets D is coming along very nicely.

I could easily live with a 5-2 at the bye. :thumbsup:

cubanstogie
09-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Did you watch the Jets/Cheats* game yesterday afternoon? The Jets D is not a group to be taken for granted. They looked quick, sharp and have some real talent there. On top of that - Rex Ryan is their new DC and he's done a great job revamping and remolding them. Yes - the Ratfinks D is better on the whole, but the Jets D is coming along very nicely.

I could easily live with a 5-2 at the bye. :thumbsup:

I would be extremely happy at 5-2. Sweeping our division is not going to happen, and we will drop a game we should win such as SD, GB or Vikings. I think we are better than all of them though. I was watching a little of ESPN, all I can stand is a little and I won't watch NFL network at all, but it appears everyone is jumping on the Jets bandwagon. Their D did look ferocious but I don't see them consistently winning throughout the year with a rookie QB, although they could be like the Ravens last year and hang around for a shot at the wild card.

sharkweek
09-22-2009, 05:20 AM
Hahaha....Pats just took a shocker yesterday in N.Y.C. And that was administrated by the Jets' defense which is way below the Ratbirds'.

Ravens have averaged giving up 28 points...and the Chargers had to settle for 4 redzone FGs...what was a close game could have been a blowout, Ravens got lucky.

Although I agree mostly with what you have said. I seriously doubt the Brownies will beat the Ravens, but "any given sunday" I can only hope.

Crow-Magnon
09-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Ravens have averaged giving up 28 points...and the Chargers had to settle for 4 redzone FGs...what was a close game could have been a blowout, Ravens got lucky.

Although I agree mostly with what you have said. I seriously doubt the Brownies will beat the Ravens, but "any given sunday" I can only hope.

The Chiefs scored 24 points and the Chargers 26, so the average is 25, not 28. But I get your point. Unlike KC, that scored 14 of their 24 points from both a blocked punt for a TD and a short drive for a TD after a Flacco INT, the Bolts scored all 26 points off of their offense without any help from turnovers, etc. But they were in the red zone five times and settled for four FG's plus coughing up the ball once, which against an offensive juggernaut like San Diego playing at home on the opposite side of the country is nothing to sneeze at.

There is a new look to the Ravens defense compared to the past several years, especially in the secondary (and losing Rolle didn't help matters much), with the change from Ryan to Mattison, but one thing still seems to be holding true-you don't run on the Ravens D. Being the second-highest scoring offense in the NFL, even if it's only Week 2, is a huge paradigm shift in this franchise. I think the Ravens defense may be able to afford to give up slightly more YPG and points than what was standard as long as their offense can score more than the previously standard 14-17 points.

But.....it's only Week 2. A lot can change quickly, especially if a key player gets injured. But barring that, I have a hard time believing that Quinn is going to come to M&T Bank and pull out a win.

BozMan
09-22-2009, 09:29 AM
I hope that blowing the last game against the Bears doesn't mean that much. Past experience says that it won't. In fact, since 2006, the Steelers have had poor outings for one of their NFC road games.

2006 - Atlanta
2007 - Arizona
2008 - Philadelphia
2009 - Chicago

Anyway, moving beyond useless patterns, the biggest problem for us right now is not having Polamalu. I'd be happy if we went .500 until he gets back.