PDA

View Full Version : Lamarr Woodley

Spidey
09-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Please stand up . . .

The Wood has been very quiet this season so far, couple of qb pressures and very disappointing on the stat sheet, he's hardly tackled anyone so far.

His limited bull rush move, if you can call it a move?, seems to be fooling no one, and his lateral speed and lack of general awareness is making him look very average!! HE seems to be on the outside of the pile looking in?

He needs a strong showing soon, as i'd be very tempted to Let Timmons loose from the outside where his speed could give RT's nightmares, his place inside being ably taken by Fox.

What do you guys n gals think?

Come on Lamarr bring the Wood!!

43Hitman
09-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Timmons is better in coverage than Woodley, and it's only been two games, be patient.

steelpride12
09-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Thats teams are planning there offenses around blocking Wood and Harrison so its gonna be a lot tougher for these guys to just walk in and get the easy sack.

GridironWarrior
09-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Woodley only has bull rush move. He like the rest of the team don't seem to have that fire.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Woodley was pushing Chris Williams backwards into the pocket all day. Jay Cutler is pretty mobile in the pocket and slide to avoid things.

For those of you that think Woodley only has 1 move (bull rush)...please name the various moves that James Harrison has. Or do you not know of any?

Its week 2 of 17 in the reg season. Try and cheer up and enjoy it.

jjpro11
09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
i thought he played well vs the Titans.. yesterday wasn't his best game, but it wasn't either for any of the front 7.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2009, 10:33 AM
i thought he played well vs the Titans.. yesterday wasn't his best game, but it wasn't either for any of the front 7.

I'll have to rewatch it, but from what I saw most of the day, Woodley was just driving the OT backwards and collapsing the pocket.

A guy can not register a lot of sacks and still be a factor in the pass rush. Its just that fans dont see it on their fantasy team. :doh:

X-Terminator
09-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Well, I guess now Woodley sucks. :rolleyes: I guess James Harrison will be next, and if Troy doesn't come back in 6 weeks, then I guess he'll suck too. Oh wait, people were saying that before last season. Silly me. :doh:

All this, and it's WEEK FREAKING TWO!

GOD, I'm starting to hate it around here.

steelpride12
09-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Well, I guess now Woodley sucks. :rolleyes: I guess James Harrison will be next, and if Troy doesn't come back in 6 weeks, then I guess he'll suck too. Oh wait, people were saying that before last season. Silly me. :doh:

I learn to not come on the boards as much after a loss for the first few days because it's all fire him, he sucks, cut him, Steelers suck! it's so annoying! :banging:

7SteelGal43
09-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Woodley sealed the Super Bowl for us last year. Give him more than two games before judging his decline - or improvement.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-21-2009, 11:26 AM

I agree 100%. I have been somewhat lurking, but I have found myself dreading coming here, and this is where I spend most of my time when I am online...even after we beat the Titans.

It seems that this place isn't as fun as it used to be. I don't know if all the so-and-so needs fired/sucks/needs benched threads or just all the negativity....but it seems we have more people here that look for the negative and refuse to look at the positive.

It just sucks to come in here and have to wade through a page of threads that are exactly the same to find one I actually want to read.

The_WARDen
09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
They should cut him!

:popcorn:

Spidey
09-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I probably am being a little harsh on The Wood.

Expectations have been raised and he has failed to reach them so far this season, for me anyway, my opinion, I still believe in him, he can still be great.

I like great, I hope he's great, I hate mediocre, mediocre is for losers.

LVSteelersfan
09-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Woodley is one of our best players. No way is he going to be benched and Timmons and Fox be the LBs. Sorry, but that is an absolutely assinine thought. Woodley will wreak havoc this year. Just be patient. The loss of Troy throws everything off because the other team doesn't have to worry about him so they focus on Woodley and Harrison. Carter scares no one.

PalmerSteel
09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
lol, wow, relax people. it was week 2. the wood did fine. its all about the chess games. we just played 2 of the toughest QB's in the league to get sacks on (besides brady and manning). he looked good to me. he will get his sacks soon enough.

MJ5150
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
I learn to not come on the boards as much after a loss for the first few days because it's all fire him, he sucks, cut him, Steelers suck! it's so annoying! :banging:

No kidding. I thought I found my way to a Lions or Bengals message board the way some of these people are throwing our coaches and players under the bus around here.

Yeah, I'm frustrated about the game. But did anyone honestly believe we would go 16-0 in the regular season?

-Mike

markymarc
09-21-2009, 05:46 PM
It will be nice for Woodley and Harrison to beat up on Carson Palmer this Sunday.

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 06:08 PM
It seems that this place isn't as fun as it used to be. I don't know if all the so-and-so needs fired/sucks/needs benched threads or just all the negativity....but it seems we have more people here that look for the negative and refuse to look at the positive.

It just sucks to come in here and have to wade through a page of threads that are exactly the same to find one I actually want to read.
mccains loss has left alot of people bitter. :noidea:

people like to gripe on the same thing, over, and over, and over. crimson and clover. :clover: we see it in the arians bashing threads.

arians = obama

its just typical board culture. i dont think anyone should be discouraged from coming here and posting. the steelers will "right the ship".

oh, and woodley has an nfl record 2 sacks in 4 straight playoff games (or is it 3?)

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-21-2009, 06:15 PM
It will be nice for Woodley and Harrison to beat up on Carson Palmer this Sunday.

Don't count on it. Harrison was supposed to abuse rookie Anthony Collins last year and got zero sacks. I'm interested to see if Starks can handle Odom, but I dont think the Bungles can run the ball on the Steelers like they did the Packers.

The Bengals are better than we think. This might be the first real game vs the Bungles since the "who dey" game in 2005.

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 06:24 PM
The Bengals are better than we think. This might be the first real game vs the Bungles since the "who dey" game in 2005.chris henry single covered by either t. carter or d. townsend = abuse of steelers secondary.

shutting down panocha stinco means nothing if getting burnt by the 6'5" all day is the alternative.

fansince'76
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
chris henry single covered by either t. carter or d. townsend = abuse of steelers secondary.

shutting down panocha stinco means nothing if getting burnt by the 6'5" all day is the alternative.

Not if Mr. Heisman is on his back all day.

Preacher
09-21-2009, 06:30 PM
I agree 100%. I have been somewhat lurking, but I have found myself dreading coming here, and this is where I spend most of my time when I am online...even after we beat the Titans.

Well, outside of Tony's snarky comments... I think the problem is exactly what you say. Just way too much negativity.

People just don't understand the difference between discussing and debating, and drawing blanket statements concerning an issue.

Preacher
09-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Not if Mr. Heisman is on his back all day.

Very true.

But we have to get to him. For some reason, we haven't been doing that yet this year as much. Don't know if it is scheming or just two very good lines we have played against.

Hopefully, this next game will start a run of sacks!

Christian Snyder
09-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Please stand up . . .

The Wood has been very quiet this season so far, couple of qb pressures and very disappointing on the stat sheet, he's hardly tackled anyone so far.

His limited bull rush move, if you can call it a move?, seems to be fooling no one, and his lateral speed and lack of general awareness is making him look very average!! HE seems to be on the outside of the pile looking in?

He needs a strong showing soon, as i'd be very tempted to Let Timmons loose from the outside where his speed could give RT's nightmares, his place inside being ably taken by Fox.

What do you guys n gals think?

Come on Lamarr bring the Wood!!
It's only week two, give him a chance.:sign06:

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Well, outside of Tony's snarky comments... I think the problem is exactly what you say. Just way too much negativity.

People just don't understand the difference between discussing and debating, and drawing blanket statements concerning an issue.:crying01:

wasnt it you dragging stuff out of the basement known as the political forum, and bringing it up here to the main one?

dont cry just because you dont like the fitting analogy. atleast i wasnt taking a personal shot at anybody. :hunch:

Hapa
09-21-2009, 09:06 PM
I agree he isn't that great of a player... I always thought he benefited from the system and having Harrison on the other side. If you see moth of his sacks he's unblocked or getting blocked by a running back which is easy for must pass rushers to defeat, or the coverage is great and he has tons of time.

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I agree he isn't that great of a player... I always thought he benefited from the system and having Harrison on the other side. If you see moth of his sacks he's unblocked or getting blocked by a running back which is easy for must pass rushers to defeat, or the coverage is great and he has tons of time.

:dang:

this post needs a box of moth balls, cause theres lots of holes in it.

stillers4me
09-21-2009, 09:34 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/d1dcd70629fe1773070c5e1aa9537ea33bc.gif

MattsMe
09-21-2009, 09:42 PM
The Bengals suck.

Not really relevant, but hey, it's true.

Steelboy84
09-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Since Harrison is seeing so many double teams, one would think Woodley's sack total would rise this year.

BlastFurnace
09-21-2009, 09:46 PM
To me, it looks like the QB's are releasing the ball a lot quicker to counteract our OLB's rush. There have been a lot of quick passes against us...especially against the Bears.

Fire Haley
09-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately, we aren't tackling very well either - I saw lots of broken tackles for first down to keep drives alive.

They better get better.

Sharkissle29
09-21-2009, 09:47 PM

:sign06:

chucoblack&gold
09-21-2009, 10:05 PM
chris henry single covered by either t. carter or d. townsend = abuse of steelers secondary.

:rofl::laughing: lol!! "panocha stinco"

KeiselPower99
09-21-2009, 10:37 PM

XT ya gotta love the Maddenites who think they know it all because they play Madden 24-7. I didnt even read any of the threads last night or today. Alot of yall complained about the way we beat the Titans. Get a grip. We will be fine.

HometownGal
09-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Woodley sucks, Arians sucks, Ben sucks, Parker sucks, Mendy sucks, Reed sucks, Tomlin sucks, the OL sucks, Santo sucks, Gay sucks, Carter sucks - have I left anyone out? :noidea:

MattsMe
09-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Woodley sucks, Arians sucks, Ben sucks, Parker sucks, Mendy sucks, Reed sucks, Tomlin sucks, the OL sucks, Santo sucks, Gay sucks, Carter sucks - have I left anyone out? :noidea:

The Rooney's are cheap. So they suck too.

tony hipchest
09-21-2009, 11:30 PM

mahan? :hunch:

LVSteelersfan
09-21-2009, 11:31 PM

You got that right. So many negative Nancies out here today. Man, I thought I was a pessimistic person. I think the Steelers played great for most of that game and had it under control. 4 times in the red zone. They just have punch those in. Or at least get a field goal. But I was not disappointed in their effort for the most part. For criminees sake, we lost on a last second field goal. It's not like we got blown out or totally outplayed. Woodley is one of the best players we have by far.

devilsdancefloor
09-22-2009, 12:00 AM

Ty carter:flap:

I dont know about some of you BUT id love this team if they went 1-15 jsut as much as if they went 15-1. Of course i'd drink more and cry more in my terrible towel, but thi constant throwing everyone under the bus to say the least is beyond stupid. I relaly do think some of you need to grow up. YES we have problems , but i am sure the coaches are working on the problems to help the players. If you are honest with yourselves you'd look at the game and say wow arians did call a good game, coach dad called a good game. The players had lapses and break downs and we got beat. that is why they play every sunday. If you want to compare any part of the steelers to "X" team then by all means go jump on their band wagon im sure their fans wold welcome you with open arms! We are here to discuss stuff NOT (well most of us are) throw everyone under the bus.

BozMan
09-22-2009, 12:26 AM
It's not fair to put it all on Woodley (e.g., I believe Farrior was quoted saying he made mistakes), but we gotta get to the QB more (and make the sack) ... especially with Troy out.

JackHammer
09-22-2009, 12:53 AM
I was gonna make some points, but this thread is just dumb. I'm not wasting my time.

Steeldude
09-22-2009, 01:45 AM
i find the lack of keisel more bothersome. i hear so many rave about this guy, but i don't see why. he isn't strong against the run due to his size. mind you, i didn't analyze every play, but when i see a G and T on harrison it makes me wonder what the others are doing.hopefully around the 9th week we will see a little more of hood being added into the mix. this doesn't mean bench keisel. as of now keisel is the better player for this year, but that's only due to experience not physcal ability.

the steelers best D-line was buckner-steed-seals.

what i dislike about woodely is his ability to contain on run plays. he seems to take the wrong angles.

Tone's Toes
09-22-2009, 04:07 AM
We don't need to worry about this guy.

1. He's proven. He had 11 1/2 sacks last year followed by 6 more in 3 playoff games.

2. He has 8 sacks in just 4 career playoff games.

3. He's only played 2 games this year.

4. Woodley has gotten pressure on QB's this year, he just hasn't been rewarded with sacks.. He isn't always going to get sacks. He's not coming from the QB's blindside like Harrison. The QB can usually see Woodley and get rid of the ball.

Galax Steeler
09-22-2009, 04:32 AM
I did notice that Woodley seemed to be dropping back into coverage alot during that game. I just can't believe all the negatives about Woodley the man is a beast he will be around making plays for years.

Spidey
09-28-2009, 10:35 AM
:coffee:

1 Tackle, 1 batted pass.

Steeldude
09-28-2009, 10:50 AM
I did notice that Woodley seemed to be dropping back into coverage alot during that game. I just can't believe all the negatives about Woodley the man is a beast he will be around making plays for years.

i heard the same thing about gildon and porter when they disappeared. as of now woodley has not shown up. i am more concerned with how poorly woodley contains. if he is dropping into coverage a lot then he needs to make plays there. this is what separates great/good players from average ones.

he will be around making plays for years

going into week 4. when do the plays start? don't get me wrong. woodley is the obvious starter, but he has not shown up. harrison is getting doubled and tripled(if you count the RBs chip blocks). where is woodley? not just woodley, but where is everyone else?

BlastFurnace
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
The opposing QB's are taking shorter drops this season. Our LB's are not a step slower, but teams have adjusted to our style of defense. We have to adjust now.

SteelerFanInStl
09-28-2009, 02:12 PM
The opposing QB's are taking shorter drops this season. Our LB's are not a step slower, but teams have adjusted to our style of defense. We have to adjust now.

:iagree: The Steelers won the SB last year and had the #1 defense. The other teams have adjusted and now it's LeBeau's turn to come up with something new. I'm betting that he'll figure it out. :thumbsup: