PDA

View Full Version : Steeler jerseys

zsheik22
09-21-2009, 11:45 AM
I got a Lambert jersey yesterday for dirt cheap yesterday from my cousin who gets them for next to nothing. He has a whole crapload of them.

I took the jersey and compared it to a jersey I paid $300 for and it was exactly the same. Everything stitched on, name not crooked and not misspelled, NFL Equipment logo, Steelers logo stitched on (well EVERYTHING was stitched on...), reebok logo and tags....

Why are these so cheap? Does anyone know? It was literally just as flawless as the one I paid big bucks for.

fat4jc
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
I got a Lambert jersey yesterday for dirt cheap yesterday from my cousin who gets them for next to nothing. He has a whole crapload of them.

I took the jersey and compared it to a jersey I paid $300 for and it was exactly the same. Everything stitched on, name not crooked and not misspelled, NFL Equipment logo, Steelers logo stitched on (well EVERYTHING was stitched on...), reebok logo and tags....

Why are these so cheap? Does anyone know? It was literally just as flawless as the one I paid big bucks for.

http://sanseverything.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/sweatshop.jpg

SteelerEmpire
09-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Clothing is not very difficult or costly to produce. You can take anyone who is good at sewing and they can put together an EXACT copy of a garment for whatever the cost of the materials are. I saw this one guy in Korea make an entire addidas warm up in 10 min. from rolls of sewing material. He didn't make ONE mistake while doing it. He said it costs him about $1.50 (US dollars) to make it.... he was selling them for $20.... as well as EXACT replicas of Jordans.... Cost him $ 4.00.... to make..... selling for $30.... Theres a Korean guy on ebay selling jerseys right now for 24.99.....

zsheik22
09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Clothing is not very difficult or costly to produce. You can take anyone who is good at sewing and they can put together an EXACT copy of a garment for whatever the cost of the materials are. I saw this one guy in Korea make an entire addidas warm up in 10 min. from rolls of sewing material. He didn't make ONE mistake while doing it. He said it costs him about $1.50 (US dollars) to make it.... he was selling them for $20.... as well as EXACT replicas of Jordans.... Cost him $ 4.00.... to make..... selling for $30.... Theres a Korean guy on ebay selling jerseys right now for 24.99.....

The bornetrade website?

Thanks

SteelerEmpire
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
The bornetrade website?

Thanks

The seller's name is echoes9264 .... and then get the Steeler's emblem from this guy out of Pittsburgh... LINK http://www.mikefeinbergcompany.com/steelers-patch.html
.... U have to iron it on yourself.... I ironed it on, then sewed on for reinforcement....

4xSBChamps
09-21-2009, 04:45 PM
The bornetrade website?

following the Penguins' win the Stanley Cup Finals, I bought several sweaters for friends & family members from borntrade (orders over $250 save the $25 S&H fee), and for the price, you can't beat them:
they took about 10-11 days from placing the order until they arrived at my home, not-bad coming from China (note the insignia sewn into the collar)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/HPIM3626.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/HPIM3625.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/HPIM3623.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/HPIM3632.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/HPIM3630.jpg

although I was ripped pretty-good on the Penguin's Forum when I bought from the Chi-Coms for not paying $200+ for the real-deal, I couldn't justify that cost:
had I not spent so-much coin on the 'Guins in the '70s and '80s when they stunk-out the joint, maybe I'd had enough money left-over..... but had I not bought all those tickets, maybe they'd be playing in Hamilton/Burlington by now, too.
:wink02:

My fiancee also (unknowingly) bought me a #86 WARD/throwback jersey last Christmas from borntrade.com (before I knew that site existed), and it, too, seems like a decent-quality item to me:
if somebody wants a picture posted of it, gimme a yell, then I'll take a picture and post it here, too.

:tt02:

brewdevil
10-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I order from there all the time. My order totally got messed up recenyly. Had 20 jerseys ordered in 2 packages. First 11 were great but the 2nd 9 were all wrong!!! None of them were what I had ordered. All were Pittsburgh teams- 4 size 48 Steelers, 1 kids steelers, 1 Jets Namath size 48, 2 Penguins size 48, and 1 polamalu pro bowl size 48. I wear size 54 and most of my order was baesball and hockey! anyone ever had this problem? Tried to contact them several times but no reply!!!!!!

eafratitpm3
10-06-2009, 06:26 PM
When I first went to the Borntrade website I thought what a great deal but why so much for shipping. $25 is a little steep for shipping a Jersey don't you think?

4xSBChamps
10-06-2009, 07:03 PM
When I first went to the Borntrade website I thought what a great deal but why so much for shipping. $25 is a little steep for shipping a Jersey don't you think?

I don't know..... shipping international, especially from China, ain't cheap

:noidea:

In July, I ordered one for me, one for the fiancee, 3 for her daughters, 1 for my Mom, and when my former neighbor/tax-man found out that I was placing an order, he chipped-in with an additional 4 for his immediate family:
my Mom now wants me to get a Malkin sweater for my brother, my fiancee & I each want another Penguins item, and the CPA is ordering 5 Stiller jerseys this time

eafratitpm3
10-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh, I guess I should have looked closer where they were being shipped from, I guess $25 isn't too bad.

SteelerFanInStl
10-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I ordered two Steeler jerseys from a guy on Ebay last year. They were advertised as genuine Reebok but I knew they weren't. The jerseys looked great when I got them but after washing them a few times, the outsides of the numbers started to unravel. The rest of the jerseys have held up well. The materials used seem to be equivalent with the real thing.

Steelers & I
10-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I ordered two Steeler jerseys from a guy on Ebay last year. They were advertised as genuine Reebok but I knew they weren't. The jerseys looked great when I got them but after washing them a few times, the outsides of the numbers started to unravel. The rest of the jerseys have held up well. The materials used seem to be equivalent with the real thing.

I've heard the same thing from others. I purchased a Ward and Woodley jersey quite cheap. I wash mine on the delicate cycle and NEVER throw them in the clothes dryer. They've held up pretty well thus far. So yeah, I think that the key to making them last is how you wash and dry them.

X-Terminator
10-07-2009, 02:37 AM
I recently bought a Ward jersey with the SB43 logo on eBay from a guy in the Philadelphia area who actually is a Ravens fan, with everything stitched on. Cost me $50.95, and shipping was free. He shipped it out 30 minutes after I purchased it, and I got it 2 days later. I'm sure he had them shipped from China or something, but the jersey looks great, and the stitching looks and feels pretty sturdy. I'm still going to take the advice and never put it in the dryer, just so I can save the stitching.

eafratitpm3
10-07-2009, 07:10 AM
I have several Mitchell & Ness Steeler Jerseys with tags still on them and in plastic. I got them overseas with the intent of having them mounted and hung in my Rec room but never followed through with it. I'm asking $50 each. I'm located in Colorado Springs. If you are interested these Jerseys would make great Christmas gifts. Everything is sewn on. Pics upon request. Please e-mail me at efr8e6765@yahoo.com or call 719-235-8308.

StainlessStill
10-07-2009, 07:29 AM
They are getting them through custom, which comes through China. Local stores of mine, who sell these, don't have the NFL license, therefore, it being illegal to sell these jersey's. The State Police were in town the other day to bust these stores and raided all the jersey's out. I suggest if you know anyone who's selling these to be aware, they are cracking down and they will get you.

ReedsGirl3
10-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Would the person who bought the Steelers jersey from Borntrade post a picture or two of their actual jersey they recieved?

Thanks in advance.

4xSBChamps
10-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Would the person who bought the Steelers jersey from Borntrade post a picture or two of their actual jersey they recieved?

Thanks in advance.

I received a 1962-era Stiller jersey as a Chrsitmas gift last year that was purchsed from borntrade, but don't have any pictures..... I'll try to get some later today/tomorrow:
exactly what would you like to see (collar, tags, embroidered numbers/letters) on the jersey?

TailgateMel
10-27-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't have any closeups... but here is me in my new Blount Jersey I got from the aformentioned website....

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs270.snc1/9724_1246459727594_1412440922_701016_3082642_n.jpg

It is like the 3rd Jersey I have gotten from them... This was a size 48 (medium)... I normally wear like a size L mens T-shirt or size XL ladies T-shirt. It is a really nice jersey, well made. I also got a childs #43 jersey size youth medium for my niece... it was pretty good, but some of the stitching on the #3 on the front had a snag so my SIL will probably have to sew it down a little. For the price, it is hard to beat... I buy so much other licensed Steeler crap, I really don't feel bad about not spending $300+ on a Jersey from the Steelers store.

I was happy they had a throwback Mel Blount (since my name is Mel) finally...

-Mel

4xSBChamps
10-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't have any closeups... but here is me in my new Blount Jersey I got from the aformentioned website....

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs270.snc1/9724_1246459727594_1412440922_701016_3082642_n.jpg

..... if that is the off-shore site that I 'think' it is, did you notice how the Bleier jersey has the correct font for the number '2', but Bradshaw's & Harris' jerseys have a different, incorrect font?

:banging:

xNoOd1eS
10-27-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't know..... shipping international, especially from China, ain't cheap

:noidea:

In July, I ordered one for me, one for the fiancee, 3 for her daughters, 1 for my Mom, and when my former neighbor/tax-man found out that I was placing an order, he chipped-in with an additional 4 for his immediate family:
my Mom now wants me to get a Malkin sweater for my brother, my fiancee & I each want another Penguins item, and the CPA is ordering 5 Stiller jerseys this time

Actually, it's really cheap to ship from China. There are many websites from China that offer free shipping. They ship 1 dollar items for free. dealsextreme.com etc.