PDA

View Full Version : Steelers "Most Likable Team"

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Despite what you may hear from some fans of other teams who post here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Bottom right part of page...

Fairly consistently regionally, with Delhomme getting some love from his home state. A few things stand out:

A) The Steelers ARE America's team
B) Seems to be some sour grapes in one state, and we didn't even beat them this year.
C) Hawaii is all about the Steelers

3 to be 4
01-18-2006, 06:39 PM
hate to point this out, but they only asked about 4 teams.

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm glad you can read...hurray for you!

Of course it's only the teams left, but this flies in the face of the constant barrage of garbage Steelers fans hear on a daily basis that everyone hates them.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-18-2006, 06:53 PM
We are a close second in almost every state we don't lead in.

VegasStlrFan
01-18-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm surprised Colorado only went 63% for the Broncos.

Man_Of_Steel
01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
How come we only hear about away teams telling people not to sell to Steeler fans? I never hear about other teams not selling to opposing teams fans. Last week it was the Colts organization telling fans not to sell to Steeler fans.

VegasStlrFan
01-18-2006, 10:06 PM
How come we only hear about away teams telling people not to sell to Steeler fans? I never hear about other teams not selling to opposing teams fans. Last week it was the Colts organization telling fans not to sell to Steeler fans.

The fan base is huge and nation wide. People w/ season tickets from other teams look for the Steelers, Cowboys, and Raiders on their schedules every year. That's where they get the big money for their tickets. The Chargers game on Monday Night this season had approximately 40% of the crowd Steeler Fans.

Sharkissle29
01-18-2006, 10:17 PM
at least we know a lot of ppl will be rooting for us haha

SmashMouthSteelerFan
01-18-2006, 10:33 PM
My Favorite game was the one in Cleveland last month when we took their stadium over!!!
Joey Porter at the end of the game when Cleveland was trying to get into the endzone was raising his hands to get the crowd noise up!!! Their had to be at least 20,000 Steelers fans in the stands Dominating Cleveland Stadium!! THAT IS SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST!!!

I have noticed this for many years now! Does anybody remember the exhibition game in Mexico City years ago?!?! When I saw that on TV, I thought I was watching a Steelers Home game!!

Or how about when we dominated the 49ers at Candlestick a few years ago!!! Another 10 - 20,000 Steelers fans in the stands!!

NO QUESTION, THE STEELERS ARE THE BEST FOOTBALL FRANCHISE IN THE NFL!!!!!
:sign01: :tt:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2006, 12:44 AM
The Steelers have always been a popular team.. their work ethic, players, coaches, the city and fans everywhere just love the black n gold.

Tooquickrich
01-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Simply put, Steelers fans will go to the ends of the earth to watch their team play. I live in Dayton, OH and I bought seat licenses for season tickets at Paul Brown Stadium in cincy so I KNEW i could see them live every year (My buddy is a bungels fan and gets the rest of the tickets). I even got the playoff tickets this year!

JustaFan
01-19-2006, 08:02 AM
The Steelers have always been a popular team.. their work ethic, players, coaches, the city and fans everywhere just love the black n gold.
For as many people around the country that truly love the Steelers, there are still a few, especially in cincinnati that detest Pittsburgh & their fans. Of course that is just driven by jealousy from being beaten consistently for several lifetimes by the Steelers & Steeler Nation.

fergusonat
01-19-2006, 08:23 AM
^Exactly...those who don't love us are are just green with envy. I personally would hate to be a fan of any other team. Seems like at any public gathering, Steeler fans infiltrate and display their black and gold-pride. Hell, even at Church here in Richmond, Virginia there are in average 4-5 people blazing in Steeler stuff! In short, it's amazing to be a Steeler fan, so that's why there are so many of them.

And that map was pretty impressive. The Steelers dominated :tt:

jbone19
01-19-2006, 09:49 AM
It just goes to show you that most football fans around the country, deep down, know in their hearts, who the greatest team of all time is. And that is the Pittsburgh Steelers!

:monkey:
Denver?

TexaSteeler
01-19-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm surprised Colorado only went 63% for the Broncos.

Probably because alot of people that live there aren't from there.

rgleason
01-19-2006, 11:54 PM
What is Pennsylvania's (especially West) #1 export: people!! No one sticks around, but when they leave, they still love the Steelers. (Although tough to imagine a team's fan base that travels as well as the Steelers as well).